shape
carat
color
clarity

I am finally done/ experience and recommendations AGS000 Princess in a Micheal B

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tareyton

Rough_Rock
First I must thank everyone at Pricescope the information provided by members is always excellent.

About 4 months ago I started looking for a Princess cut stone and e-ring.

My criteria was
Budget for stone 15K
D-G
Above VS2
Cut was highest priority
The jealous guy in me said it had to be bigger than her sisters which was .97 carat.

After I started looking I stopped considering G stones. I personally could tell the difference between a G and F the yellow was visible to me but not my GF. I compared a AGS RB to a AGS Princess and as soon as the G RB was placed in front of me (before I knew it was a G) I knew it wasn't colorless. The vendor was amazed I could see the difference. But Like I said my GF couldn't tell at all. G color is best bang for the buck but I wasn't comfortable with it. I personally would never consider below it.

After seeing tons of Princess cut stones and noticing the great variety in their quality and appearance I started considering other modified squares. (Square H&A, and Regent)

I am finally done and have settled on a

AGS 0 (Cut)
F, VS2 1.345 carat from Bill Scherlag at Icemine.com The stone was an Infinity diamond.
stone was around 5K under my budget.

My setting is a Micheal B Lace from Pearlmans of Battle Creek MI, and I am getting the matching wedding band.

Experiences
Pricescope is an amazing resource.
I worked with the following vendors and would recommend all of them.

Bill Scherlag at Icemine.com (Bought my stone from him)
Has amazing stones and his prices are excellent. He is completly honest and treats you well. While working with him he was quick to tell me if he could not match another vendors deal. Very easy to work with. I was very picky with what I wanted and he was the perfect vendor for that. He does not stock lots of stones but yet can pretty much find what you want. No jewlery store pressure or enviornment. Just excellent advice, stones, prices and service.

Tim at Good Old Gold
This store is AMAZING. They have the best customer service you will find anywhere. I live in MD but am from NY. I was interested in square H&A and Regents. I called GOG and told them my mom was going to check out their selection. If she thought they were a reputable shop I would travel up there myself. Tim treated her like gold and spent two hours with her knowing she would not be the one making the purchase. I ended up going up myself and was treated just as well. I had Tim send two stones to Martin Fuller for comparison with Bill Scherlags stone. My GF picked Bills stone so I did not end up purchasing from GOG. However their service was so good I kind of felt bad by not sending them buisness. All of their stones were great and their prices are the best. I do not think you can go wrong with them. My mom ended up going back and ordering an alternating saphire and diamond eternity band. Their prices on diamond eternity bands seemed unbeatable.

Bill Pearlman at Pearlmans of Battle Creek MI
Most of my contact was from E-mail. Bill was a pleasure to work with. The Micheal B settings do not vary in price from vendor to vendor. Bill was just the nicest guy. His personality, quick responses to my e-mails and knowledge are what won him my money. Highly recommend him. Plus his site is awesome, tons of designers and great pictures.

Ira Kramer at Diamond Exchange
Identical operation to Bill Scherlag. Excellent Knowledge, excellent stones. Is the only one I found that had access to Regent's besides GOG. Excellent prices. He worked hard to please me but in the end my GF just loved that princess from Bill. Deffinetly recommend him. He had this amazing Excalibur stone that is like nothing I have ever scene. If you are into extreme fancy shapes/cuts check it out.

Charleston Alexander
Service was good. They are a big Jewlery store. Great place to start your search check out all different types of cuts. Their prices were decent and they will negotiate. They had a very poor selection of what I was looking for. The woman I worked with Kate sharper was great. No pressure good advice very nice.

Martin Fuller Independant Appraiser
Had three stones sent to him Square H&A and a Regent from GOG and the Princess from Bill Scherlag. He is very nice and has a great personality. My GF loved him. After she picked the stone he appraised it loose. The e-ring and matching wedding band will also be done by him.

Micheal B
I e-mailed them from the link on their website and they were awesome. Responded within 24 hours every time (probably e-mailed them at least 25 times). Used them to confirm info from vendors was correct (without either knowing so). Plus just solicited advice comments etc...

The stone is now on its way to Micheal B and I expect it will take 4-6 weeks before I get the final e-ring and matching band. I will post pics once I get it.

If anyone would like more info or has further questions just ask.

James

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for sharing your experiences! Sounds like everything went well. Can''t wait to see the finished product. Please, please remember us and post pics.
face23.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. you really covered your bases well and got the best of the best all the way around. congrats on your purchase. Michael b is one of my favorites and i love the lace settings. Please post pics when it''s all done.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
James,

Couldn''t you find anything nice to say about these people?

....In all seriousness, looks like you''ve been very thorough, have carefully unearthed the resources in this area, and have done a great job. Congratulations!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, thanks for the analysis! congratulations on your new diamond
36.gif

Capitol Bill

Shiny_Rock
James,
Thank you for your kind remarks. It was a pleasure serving you and I wish you well in the planning of your engagement. The finished ring should be a real stunner!
Bill Scherlag

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
What James left out was what a wonderful young man HE is! A real class act. Did his homework, knew what he wanted, and put together a drop dead beautiful ring. I wish I could see her eyes when he gives it to her. It will certainly take her breath away.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the new diamond!!
36.gif
36.gif

tareyton

Rough_Rock
Ring should ship to Pearlmans on Oct 10th Can''t wait to get it.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, please post pics once you get it. how very exciting
36.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Tareyton,
I can''t wait to see this ring.
For years the crown lace with a princess was my dream ring, alas I went a different way.
Your ring sounds spectacular!

Scintillating...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHA How funny! I just posted into another thread where I saw the first Crown Lace I think I have seen on PS ever! And now this is the second..well will be. Congrats..I loved that setting when I tried it on a few years ago but my husband to be felt it wasn''t classic enough. I think it''s a great set...can''t wait to see pictures!

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!

Its very tasteful.

Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results