shape
carat
color
clarity

I’m resetting my tapered baguette setting..

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think of these heads but with six prongs? You can still set the stone higher. Or maybe you prefer the simplicity and clean lines of the peg head? I think since you want the main stone set higher than the baguettes, I would set the baguettes as low as possible( no windows on the sides), so that the whole ring is not too high.
images
dfae9bec-4848-4fde-89c5-a69d00c5aa60

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this are prongs on the baguettes instead of bar set.
Thanks! I found baguettes that are flush with the shank..I like those too..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh look at this one
7c33ad78-9fcb-454c-999a-a64e00b9c9bc
I really like them if they were a solitaire..I think with the baguettes it needs to be more simple. I emailed him the pic of the blue stone setting..and added some suggestions..I told him I didn’t want it to be like a peg head..and for it to be more incorporated into the setting. I’m used to a cast setting so I may be seeing the difference....

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not the best with cads, but personally I’m not a fan of peg style heads and the bar set bags seem clunky to me. I prefer prong set like the last pic you posted. I also like open windows or space under the baguettes, it has a lighter look. Enough with my preferences, what do you think MB?
Edit to add: what if he did a super thin bezel around the baguettes?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m not the best with cads, but personally I’m not a fan of peg style heads and the bar set bags seem clunky to me. I prefer prong set like the last pic you posted. I also like open windows or space under the baguettes, it has a lighter look. Enough with my preferences, what do you think MB?
You said everything I just emailed him with! I love the super thin bezel around the baguettes!! Thank you!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you wanting a peg-style head like that?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:D:P2 I can’t wait to see the next round of cads!

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I really like them if they were a solitaire..I think with the baguettes it needs to be more simple. I emailed him the pic of the blue stone setting..and added some suggestions..I told him I didn’t want it to be like a peg head..and for it to be more incorporated into the setting. I’m used to a cast setting so I may be seeing the difference....
That's great!! This is the time to make changes so that you get the ring of your dreams:kiss2:. Can't wait to see the next CADS

L

lydial

Hi, another PS’er @RainbowSeekingGoat worked with HPD on a similar design and got good advice here. HPD calls it “empress” (mine is majesty!) I was working on my 4 prong setting at the same time so I followed her. Worth reviewing IMO.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...fect-setting-for-our-2-14-cbi-cads-in.247391/

The final pics:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwqI7tvB-Xn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwmlAbRhmCF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I re used my baguettes in 3 rings now... only vestigial remnant of my original e-ring. I would have liked them a tiny bit more tapered but I love their cut.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean please do NOT melt the existing setting! That’d be a huge waste!

I’d have David source you two sapphire baguettes and one CZ. Either use the setting or sell it. You’d be surprised what people will buy sometimes. I couldn’t find a pic with a round, but here are inspiration pics.
CF7C9A42-5DCF-4DB1-9501-68F329D06BF3.jpeg
5077CE85-780C-4C7D-B8BD-5A1F9FAAC7E4.jpeg 072060EA-F5CE-4B97-A367-D572A4D27A77.jpeg
I only like diamond baguettes or at least clear somethings. I’m looking into putting unmentionable baguettes in. They also have a light blue color unmentionable for the center stone. If it’s not too much I’ll just keep them there until someone sells a real gem on Loupe troup or a gem sale that I can snatch up...Then I’ll sell the unmentionable. The other option is David can also can put a lesser quality eye clean pair of diamond baguettes in and I’ll wait for a sale on gems for the center. I feel better just keeping that setting and using it as a fun ring instead of just melting it. Thank you @nala and @SimoneDi..That was a close call!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, another PS’er @RainbowSeekingGoat worked with HPD on a similar design and got good advice here. HPD calls it “empress” (mine is majesty!) I was working on my 4 prong setting at the same time so I followed her. Worth reviewing IMO.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...fect-setting-for-our-2-14-cbi-cads-in.247391/

The final pics:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwqI7tvB-Xn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwmlAbRhmCF/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I re used my baguettes in 3 rings now... only vestigial remnant of my original e-ring. I would have liked them a tiny bit more tapered but I love their cut.
Beautiful! Thank you!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Bonfire I emailed David about the bezeled baguettes and he liked the idea! We’re going to try it! It was a great Idea! Thanks!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only like diamond baguettes or at least clear somethings. I’m looking into putting unmentionable baguettes in. They also have a light blue color unmentionable for the center stone. If it’s not too much I’ll just keep them there until someone sells a real gem on Loupe troup or a gem sale that I can snatch up...Then I’ll sell the unmentionable. The other option is David can also can put a lesser quality eye clean pair of diamond baguettes in and I’ll wait for a sale on gems for the center. I feel better just keeping that setting and using it as a fun ring instead of just melting it. Thank you @nala and @SimoneDi..That was a close call!
Glad that the setting has been saved! If you only like white stones, then lab made ones mighty be a good alternative. I am sure that people will have suggestions on FFJ. As long as DJ can set some pair now, you can always wait for the right center stone to come along!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad that the setting has been saved! If you only like white stones, then lab made ones mighty be a good alternative. I am sure that people will have suggestions on FFJ. As long as DJ can set some pair now, you can always wait for the right center stone to come along!
I would love to buy a real colored one for the center..but I don’t know the first thing about gems.. I only like white baguettes though. Ideally I would love to find a preloved one..

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean your new setting IS my most favorite setting ever. I am 66 and I've always wanted a setting like your new one since I was 20, even LONGER than your time! I didn't set EVER in your new setting style because I didn't see anythng I really liked enough on WF and I figured I'd spent enough money on the stone! But should I ever reset Ever, I'm copying you!!! this new setting by DK will ROCK! great choice sweet lady!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean your new setting IS my most favorite setting ever. I am 66 and I've always wanted a setting like your new one since I was 20, even LONGER than your time! I didn't set EVER in your new setting style because I didn't see anythng I really liked enough on WF and I figured I'd spent enough money on the stone! But should I ever reset Ever, I'm copying you!!! this new setting by DK will ROCK! great choice sweet lady!!
Thank you @Tekate! I hope I like it because unless I hate it..I’m not resetting anymore..
:roll2: I think your setting is perfection!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@Tekate I’m 65 so we’re basically the same age! I was born in January..What month were you born?

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean december 52! you must be January 54 :) I win! ;-) xo

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
I am living vicariously through you right now. I have wanted a ring like this for sssooooo long! When I ruined my solitaire and had a loose diamond this was the type of ring I was going to make when I upgraded, but then felt extremely sentimental about the diamond so I made a 5 stone instead. My husband promised if we can we will just get me a larger diamond later and make this ring with it but it’s going to be a while! I am a little too excited for you and this ring :shock: I have never watched a thread so closely.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am living vicariously through you right now. I have wanted a ring like this for sssooooo long! When I ruined my solitaire and had a loose diamond this was the type of ring I was going to make when I upgraded, but then felt extremely sentimental about the diamond so I made a 5 stone instead. My husband promised if we can we will just get me a larger diamond later and make this ring with it but it’s going to be a while! I am a little too excited for you and this ring :shock: I have never watched a thread so closely.
That’s so sweet @JrJ! I hope it turns out the way I hope it will be! This is the third reset..and this is it! The setting I made last year was very pretty but it just wasn’t IT..I was so unhappy with it even though it was beautifully made. It just felt like the setting swallowed my diamond and I want to set her free! :lol:
I hope you get the ring of your dreams!

Last edited:

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
That’s so sweet @JrJ! I hope it turns out the way I hope it will be! This is the third reset..and this is it! The setting I made last year was very pretty but it just wasn’t IT..I was so unhappy with it even though it was beautifully made. It just felt like the setting swallowed my diamond and I want to set her free! :lol:
I totally get what you are saying about it swallowing your diamond. The version I was going to make wasn’t going to have the “cathedral” (I guess that is) that your current diamond was in that seemed to make your diamond disappear. You are making it nearly exactly as I was going to, minus the bezels which are a great idea! I think with or without the bezels it will look beautiful and can’t wait to see the finished product! I hope it is everything you always wanted it to be!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
FD1CE04C-6D37-4057-9F9A-B31A81573FB5.jpeg
He made the changes! I like this much better! I like them and may want them with little milgrain...I think this is it! :appl:

Last edited:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the changes. I think the open windows under the baguettes looks much better don’t you?
Delicate milgrain around the bezels would be pretty IMO. It will give it a vintage look but also add some interesting texture. What do you think of CAD #2?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the changes. I think the open windows under the baguettes looks much better don’t you?
Delicate milgrain around the bezels would be pretty IMO. It will give it a vintage look but also add some interesting texture. What do you think of CAD #2?
I love it! Thank you for the idea..It mixes it up and makes it look more vintage. I’m excited about the baby milgrain around the bezels. I told him to make the bezel as thin as possible and then to add baby milgrain. You’ll barely see it but it will give texture. I have something he did baby milgrain on. He does the best baby milgrain. She will be free from her cocoon into the light! :lol: I’m excited!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well there you have it, your heart is singing! I can’t wait to see it!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AC630CCC-39BD-49AD-833A-2B0AF473DE7D.jpeg 3A681776-1249-476B-BE04-437B5F495DA3.jpeg 5E75D0F1-3E61-4DAB-B402-2D875F956766.jpeg 2CF292E7-B8FA-4320-85F7-F1C8CDCBBE5B.jpeg

I just saw this on Facebook and thought of you @Mamabean.
It’s a ring that’s for sale at Eragem and it may help with your design?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results