shape
carat
color
clarity

I’m addicted to Alexandrite

Voodoo Child

Shiny_Rock
Who else loves this gorgeous stone? I absolutely love the color change, the durability, and the rarity. Having recently replaced my wife’s center stone (diamond) with an Alexandrite, I decided to get her some earrings to complement it. Now I need to get her a necklace to complete the set :lol: 65574DBA-E793-4827-99EA-9BB806FCA1CF.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Alexandrite are quite magical. All colour change gems are an intriguing quirk of nature.
Unfortunately Alexandrite is a rare gem and often to buy a great gem you have to buy what you can find rather than have half a dozen or more choices.
The earrings are gorgeous, a great size too. Often Alexandrite is wee and still soooo expensive.
Apart from my $50 purchase 30 odd years ago (thought I was buying an Amethyst because inside the old warehouse was all incandescent lighting) I bought my bracelet on eBay!
Im a 15 year eBay veteran and I recognised it as a once in a lifetime opportunity. It was a 9 day auction. Longest 9 days of my life! I upped my maximum bid at least 5 times (I normally only bid once with my max bid amount and see how it goes). On eBay you have buyers who “snipe”, that’s a program that allows you to bid in literally the last seconds. It’s legitimate but unnerving! So while I was still the highest bidder as the clock went to zero, when it refreshed the price and closed the auction the amount had gone up over $2,000! Thankfully it was still under my max bid.
10912BFE-1413-4813-ADF6-47BAE10C77F1.jpeg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s an expensive addiction!! Lol!

Nice color change on your studs.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I agree - great color change for studs. Earshots if and when possible.

Voodoo Child

Shiny_Rock
Yes, Alexandrite are quite magical. All colour change gems are an intriguing quirk of nature.
Unfortunately Alexandrite is a rare gem and often to buy a great gem you have to buy what you can find rather than have half a dozen or more choices.
The earrings are gorgeous, a great size too. Often Alexandrite is wee and still soooo expensive.
Apart from my $50 purchase 30 odd years ago (thought I was buying an Amethyst because inside the old warehouse was all incandescent lighting) I bought my bracelet on eBay!
Im a 15 year eBay veteran and I recognised it as a once in a lifetime opportunity. It was a 9 day auction. Longest 9 days of my life! I upped my maximum bid at least 5 times (I normally only bid once with my max bid amount and see how it goes). On eBay you have buyers who “snipe”, that’s a program that allows you to bid in literally the last seconds. It’s legitimate but unnerving! So while I was still the highest bidder as the clock went to zero, when it refreshed the price and closed the auction the amount had gone up over $2,000! Thankfully it was still under my max bid.
10912BFE-1413-4813-ADF6-47BAE10C77F1.jpeg
Your bracelet is gorgeous!!

Sydneyphoenix

Shiny_Rock
Is alexandrite durable enough for bracelets, thought it’s a beryl variant so subject to lots of scratches and other damages similar to emerald...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is alexandrite durable enough for bracelets, thought it’s a beryl variant so subject to lots of scratches and other damages similar to emerald...

Alexandrite belongs to the chrysoberyl family, not to be confused with beryl. It is extremely hardy with MOH 8.5, just shy of corundum aka sapphire.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lucky wife, happy life!

I love those studs! Good size too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results