shape
carat
color
clarity

Husband still hasn''t found a new job

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
In November I posted about my husband being riffed after 27 years at his company. The company outsourced the entire department over seas, and only one person in the department was left to coordinate between the overseas people and the company.

He has literally applied for over a hundred jobs. He is getting very discouraged, naturally. Fortunately we are in very good shape financially for the next six months or so, but after that it is going to get desperate around here.

I cannot be the breadwinner of our household. First of all, I am the more effective parent by far -- hubby just does not have the patience to be the primary care giver of the kids. I am not qualified for a job that would make putting them in day care profitable. SOOOO, I am looking for a way to do data entry, desk top publishing, etc. at home. I have looked on line but everything seems to be a scam to get you to buy into a marketing plan. If anyone has any suggestions I would be so grateful if you would share them.

Also, my hubby has been extremely organized about his job hunting. He has a binder with a copy of information and notes on every company he has applied for, dates and times he''s contacted them, etc. He has been following up well and is going to some job networking meetings once a week. I think it''s his age, honestly. He''s got all kinds of experience and education and he''s been told he wants too much money, but in looking up what the average pay for the jobs he''s applying for he''s finding he''s asking on the low end of the scale. If anyone has any advice on this, or past experiences to share, please do!

TIA.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin,

I don''t have any good advice for you, I just wanted to tell you to hang in there and I''m so sorry your family is under this stress.

I looked into doing work from home when I quit my FT job last June and came up with nothing (that wasn''t a scam).

~K

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lumpkin, so sorry to hear that your hubby is still looking. My own happy hubby started looking too toward the end of last year and heard over and over again "we love you, but we won''t have funding for this postion until budgets get approved in 2007." Keep in mind that budgets don''t get approved on Jan. 1 either, it takes some time. The HH finaly received an offer from the company he most wanted to work for on Jan. 25, which is when approval finally came through for the job. So, the point I''m trying to make here (although probably not very effectively, and certainly not concisely, LOL) is that February is probably a very good time in the job market for candidates because budgets have finally been approved for the year and now everyone has the go ahead to get the open positions filled. Hopefully something will come along for you husband soon.

Sending positive job vibes the way of your hubby, and sending you hugs to hang in there.

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Lumpkin,..........

We''ve been in your shoes.

There had been riffs, riffs, riffs, at Hubby''s company, but he''d managed to dodge the bullet every time. During one riff, they even transferred Hubby and several others to another Dept and got rid of everyone else in the old Dept. But eventually, Hubby got riffed too. After 20 years of service to the company.

As part of their Out Placement, Hubby''s employer hired a "Job Counselor" company. They aren''t Head Hunters. They help you write a more effective resume. Hone your interview skills. And they do have some limited contacts to assist some clients in getting new jobs.

It took Hubby 7 months to find a new job. At that, the pay was lower and the benefits cost more than in the past. We had to move across country to a different State. It took us a year to sell our house. It was a struggle, financially.

It''s been 3 years and we are just getting back on an even keel.

And you are right. Most of the "Work from Home" things you find on the Net are scams. The type up ads for people thing I think is spamming. I do know one gal that telecommutes. She does medical transcription work from home. But I think you have to go to one of those business schools to get training to do that.

My prayers are with you and your family, Lumpkin. I know all too well what you are going thru!
12.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would your husband consider a job with the U S Gov''t until something better turns up? Here is a website for U S Gov''t job vacancies:

http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i am sorry about your husband''s position. i can only offer some things i have heard my husband say about job opportunities in his company.

many times you have to take a cut to be in a job classification that will allow you to make more money. the starting pay for a particular job may be lower than your husband is used to but if it gets him in the door and the chance to go to a higher pay grade that may be the thing to do.

companies spend a great deal of money during the training period when the person is not yet up to potential and they are not sure what will happen as far as the new hire being what they need. so maybe if he was willing to start at a lower salary and if he was what the company needed then raises may be forthcoming.

i don''t mean that he has to sell himself short. maybe he just needs to negotiate with the employer a little. for instance, if i come to work for the lesser salary what are the chances of future raises according to the company''s pay structure.

you have not said what his line of work is so maybe this does not apply to him. at any rate, he may have to bite the bullet and take the cut for the sake of the family. i know this hurts many people''s pride but sometimes is necessary in the short term.

good luck to you and your family! i know this is stressful.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear of your troubles. If it''s any consolation, historically Nov, Dec and first part of January are the least favorable times to look for a position. Right about now, things start to look up.

In the interium, does he have a head hunter looking for him? Has he had someone look over his resume for some tips? Maybe try some consulting? Networking?

I''m sure it is very frustrating for your husband. And, age does sometimes play a factor - maybe try for a company that has more senior aged management. I hope he can keep his spirits about himself up.

Best to you. The only people I know who work from home (unless they own their own business) is people doing consulting type work. They have many different clients & their home is their base to service clients. You may want to talk to temp agencies to see if they have some sort of "work from home" work. Can you edit? Fact check?

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin I am so sorry to hear about your hubby's situation. It's awful when you have loads of experience, want/need to work ASAP and can't get hired. You asked about work-at-home things that you can do until things even out. I agree with you about the scam stuff, you have to be so careful with that. I myself was looking to change jobs and find something that I could do from home I came across this website which seemed legit to me when I was looking. Maybe you can look around on there for something that appeals to you.

And to shed a little light on Madam Bijoux's suggestion, the fed'l gov't is a good way to go. The pay will likely be less than in private industry, but they have pretty generous benefits including a nice 401K (what they call Thrift Savings Plan). Word of caution on applying, it can take TIME to get a job with the government. Sometimes the wheels turn very slowly there. I am a government worker myself and it took time and a ton of "knowing the right person" to get an interview and then to get hired.

In any case, I hope for the best for you and your family. Things will turn around soon!

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 12:28:19 PM
Author: onedrop

And to shed a little light on Madam Bijoux''s suggestion, the fed''l gov''t is a good way to go. The pay will likely be less than in private industry, but they have pretty generous benefits including a nice 401K (what they call Thrift Savings Plan). Word of caution on applying, it can take TIME to get a job with the government. Sometimes the wheels turn very slowly there. I am a government worker myself and it took time and a ton of ''knowing the right person'' to get an interview and then to get hired.

In any case, I hope for the best for you and your family. Things will turn around soon!

That was Hubby''s experience years ago.

He was in a crummy job. A friend, an industry insider, knew of a Fed Gov''t position coming available. He put Hubby directly in touch with the Hiring Manager. Hubby filed the SF 141, or whatever the Gov''t application was. They checked his references. We arranged for them to get Hubby''s transcript, the whole 9 yards. Everything was in place for the job, and then we waited.

Meanwhile a Corporate opportunity came available. Hubby interviewed and was hired for that position. About a year after we began the whole Federal Gov''t process, the Hiring Manager contacted Hubby to see if he was still interested in the position. Evidently the position was approved in the budget. Then there was a hiring freeze. Then the position had to be approved all over again. The Hiring Manager had finally been given approval to "officially" hire to fill the position.

So if you do work on taking a Gov''t position,......... Be aware that it may take some time. Even if the job posting looks like a particular agency is hiring direct, right away, it still may take a long time to get thru the process.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin, sending good thoughts to you and your family.

movie zombie

stephinextremis

Rough_Rock
Word of caution on applying, it can take TIME to get a job with the government. Sometimes the wheels turn very slowly there. I am a government worker myself and it took time and a ton of ''knowing the right person'' to get an interview and then to get hired.

Wholeheartedly agreed! I also work for the feds, and getting my position took a total of two years and five months: thirteen months from when my application was submitted until they called me to begin my hiring process, then another sixteen months of waiting and jumping through various hoops. Maybe it''s just the FAA, but I can''t help but think other agencies must be just as slow.

Stephanie

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 10:43:59 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Lumpkin,

I don''t have any good advice for you, I just wanted to tell you to hang in there and I''m so sorry your family is under this stress.

I looked into doing work from home when I quit my FT job last June and came up with nothing (that wasn''t a scam).

~K

Kimberly, I apreciate that very much. I''m takin'' all the good vibes I can get!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 10:51:09 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Lumpkin, so sorry to hear that your hubby is still looking. My own happy hubby started looking too toward the end of last year and heard over and over again ''we love you, but we won''t have funding for this postion until budgets get approved in 2007.'' Keep in mind that budgets don''t get approved on Jan. 1 either, it takes some time. The HH finaly received an offer from the company he most wanted to work for on Jan. 25, which is when approval finally came through for the job. So, the point I''m trying to make here (although probably not very effectively, and certainly not concisely, LOL) is that February is probably a very good time in the job market for candidates because budgets have finally been approved for the year and now everyone has the go ahead to get the open positions filled. Hopefully something will come along for you husband soon.

Sending positive job vibes the way of your hubby, and sending you hugs to hang in there.
I am so glad to know that because we were seriously wondereing if he had the "stank on him" or what! He applied for over 30 jobs in January and not a single call. Not one. He applied for a lot less in November and got 3 calls back. Thank you for sharing this info andI''m glad your hubby is gainfully employed where he really wanted to work. I love a happy ending.
16.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 11:16:32 AM
Author: Finding_Neverland
Lumpkin,..........

We''ve been in your shoes.

There had been riffs, riffs, riffs, at Hubby''s company, but he''d managed to dodge the bullet every time. During one riff, they even transferred Hubby and several others to another Dept and got rid of everyone else in the old Dept. But eventually, Hubby got riffed too. After 20 years of service to the company.

As part of their Out Placement, Hubby''s employer hired a ''Job Counselor'' company. They aren''t Head Hunters. They help you write a more effective resume. Hone your interview skills. And they do have some limited contacts to assist some clients in getting new jobs.

It took Hubby 7 months to find a new job. At that, the pay was lower and the benefits cost more than in the past. We had to move across country to a different State. It took us a year to sell our house. It was a struggle, financially.

It''s been 3 years and we are just getting back on an even keel.

And you are right. Most of the ''Work from Home'' things you find on the Net are scams. The type up ads for people thing I think is spamming. I do know one gal that telecommutes. She does medical transcription work from home. But I think you have to go to one of those business schools to get training to do that.

My prayers are with you and your family, Lumpkin. I know all too well what you are going thru!
12.gif
Wow, what a nightmare! My husband has already said he''s not moving anywhere. His company had moved a bunch of people and then 2 years later riffed them. It would probably take us that long to recover as well. The housing market is very sluggish here and we''d either have to price our house below market or carry the mortgage on it for awhile. Not our idea of a good time.

My husband''s company did have a counselling company for him, but they weren''t really that helpful. He had already put his resume together and had it blessed, and the company was more concerned with stress management than helping him find another job. They just pretty much gave him internet job links, which aren''t that helpful here. Most people find their jobs through word of mouth and networking.

I remain optimistic, though. He got a good severence package and we have some savings, but we were hoping to get him employed quickly and sock that severence money away. It''s not happening as fast as we''d hoped, but he''s also getting unemployment benefits that amount to more than I ever made, LOL! So we''re putting that away, too.

Thank you for replying. It is good to know others have survived to tell the tale.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 11:42:43 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
Would your husband consider a job with the U S Gov''t until something better turns up? Here is a website for U S Gov''t job vacancies:

http://www.usajobs.opm.gov/

Thank you for the link Madam. I''ll have him check it out because my whole family has worked for the government at one time or another (including me) and it does tend to be very stable, if not highly paid.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin,
I am so sorry. I will pray he finds one soon.

It took me 6 months once when I was laid off from work. Maybe he can tell friends and family. I think the more people who know the better. I think word of mouth helps for the job search a lot of times. Best wishes!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry lumpkin, I hope he finds something soon. Is he working with a recruiter of any sort?? I''m sure he has networked and gone that route. But a recuiter that specializes in his field may be a good idea. Sending positive vibes your way and his as well.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 12:09:48 PM
Author: crown1
i am sorry about your husband''s position. i can only offer some things i have heard my husband say about job opportunities in his company.

many times you have to take a cut to be in a job classification that will allow you to make more money. the starting pay for a particular job may be lower than your husband is used to but if it gets him in the door and the chance to go to a higher pay grade that may be the thing to do.

companies spend a great deal of money during the training period when the person is not yet up to potential and they are not sure what will happen as far as the new hire being what they need. so maybe if he was willing to start at a lower salary and if he was what the company needed then raises may be forthcoming.

i don''t mean that he has to sell himself short. maybe he just needs to negotiate with the employer a little. for instance, if i come to work for the lesser salary what are the chances of future raises according to the company''s pay structure.

you have not said what his line of work is so maybe this does not apply to him. at any rate, he may have to bite the bullet and take the cut for the sake of the family. i know this hurts many people''s pride but sometimes is necessary in the short term.

good luck to you and your family! i know this is stressful.
I am hopeful that February will be more productive than January! He is willing to take about a 30% cut in salary, although he''s not saying that right up front. Most of the time he tries not to say what he wants at all, but they infer that he must want a lot because of his experience. When they ask he low balls it and they still say he wants too much. And he was not over paid at all according to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics. It''s very much an employer''s market here because we have the Sprint Headquarters here and they regularly seem to have large riffs. Other companies here also have had riffs within the past few years. The market is flooded with very talented people. Shoot, maybe we will be moving after all.....

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 12:20:09 PM
Author: fire&ice
So sorry to hear of your troubles. If it''s any consolation, historically Nov, Dec and first part of January are the least favorable times to look for a position. Right about now, things start to look up.

In the interium, does he have a head hunter looking for him? Has he had someone look over his resume for some tips? Maybe try some consulting? Networking?

I''m sure it is very frustrating for your husband. And, age does sometimes play a factor - maybe try for a company that has more senior aged management. I hope he can keep his spirits about himself up.

Best to you. The only people I know who work from home (unless they own their own business) is people doing consulting type work. They have many different clients & their home is their base to service clients. You may want to talk to temp agencies to see if they have some sort of ''work from home'' work. Can you edit? Fact check?
Thank you Fire&ice.

He does have several head hunters looking for him. At one of them his agent quit and just trashed his files. When my DH called them to follow up, they had no records of him because the guy quit like the day after he went in and took all the tests, etc. He''s open to contract, contract for hire, or really anything.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lumpkin:

I have been in your husbands position. Due to how the job market changed in my chosen field I endid up changing carrears (after an almost 3 year job search over 1/2 of the country). In the end - a decade later I found myself back into the kind of work I enjoy doing again.

Key items:

Don''t give up hope.

Do look at what kind of future that specific work has.

Do consider moving to a good job. I ran into so many people who would not consider moving... I moved to where I could make the best living.

What kind of work does you husband do?

One area that will have steady employment for decades - and pays well is the nuclear power plant industry.

Many ways to play it - many many specialties needed:

Work for the NRC (one of the best rated federal agencies to work for).

Work at a plant (our plant has about 700 employees, and average pay at a plant is 38% higher than equivalent work elsewhere).

Work for a company providing services to nuclear power plants (there are hundreds of such companies). This can either be at a fixed location such as in an office, a temporary employee for 6 months - several years at a plant site, or as a road job position where you travel plant to plant for part of the year (and I hire a contractor where the people work about 6 months a year - and take the rest of the year off as outage support people: they earnn lots of money during spring and fall refueling outage season).

The best money can be earned in positions requiring a basic security clearance that allows you to access the plants. But you can do very well in other positions. The NRC is hiring big time - especially technical people (www.nrc.gov).

For basic information on the nuclear power industry in general, plant locations, and owners go to www.nei.org . Post if you need more help in this area.

Hope this helps,

Perry

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Lumpkin I am so sorry to hear about your hubby''s situation. It''s awful when you have loads of experience, want/need to work ASAP and can''t get hired. You asked about work-at-home things that you can do until things even out. I agree with you about the scam stuff, you have to be so careful with that. I myself was looking to change jobs and find something that I could do from home I came across this website which seemed legit to me when I was looking. Maybe you can look around on there for something that appeals to you.

And to shed a little light on Madam Bijoux''s suggestion, the fed''l gov''t is a good way to go. The pay will likely be less than in private industry, but they have pretty generous benefits including a nice 401K (what they call Thrift Savings Plan). Word of caution on applying, it can take TIME to get a job with the government. Sometimes the wheels turn very slowly there. I am a government worker myself and it took time and a ton of ''knowing the right person'' to get an interview and then to get hired.

Onedrop, thank you for the link. It looks like a good one, and it''s not one he already had.

I wonder if the delay for government is due to 911 and Home Security. Would not be a bit surprised. DH started to file an app with one of the city gov''ts, but they wanted him to basically sign away his rights if they chose to investigate him, and that he couldn''t try to find out what they turn up, nor dispute it if they find something bad. He has a common name and decided not to file there. Too scarey to sign away your inaliable rights....
23.gif

He has not noticed that with the jobs he''s looked at for the Fed, but I''m sure they look at everyone very carefully, as they should.

He is networking like crazy! But he is very apprehensive about using his contacts and I''m having a very hard time with him because that''s just how it''s done. He feels like he''s "using" his friends and family.
20.gif
He''s got to get over that!

Thank you for the well wishes, too!

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 1:44:12 PM
Author: Finding_Neverland

Meanwhile a Corporate opportunity came available. Hubby interviewed and was hired for that position. About a year after we began the whole Federal Gov''t process, the Hiring Manager contacted Hubby to see if he was still interested in the position. Evidently the position was approved in the budget. Then there was a hiring freeze. Then the position had to be approved all over again. The Hiring Manager had finally been given approval to ''officially'' hire to fill the position.

So if you do work on taking a Gov''t position,......... Be aware that it may take some time. Even if the job posting looks like a particular agency is hiring direct, right away, it still may take a long time to get thru the process.

That makes sense. The budget is a huge issue right now, and a few years ago my sister was working for Social Security and they would have to wait to see if the budget was approved and they would still have jobs. AS IF!!! They couldn''t have operated without her department but they did that every year.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 2:05:05 PM
Author: movie zombie
Lumpkin, sending good thoughts to you and your family.

movie zombie

Thank you Movie Zombie. I do appreciate good thought very much.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 8:43:52 PM
Author: stephinextremis

Wholeheartedly agreed! I also work for the feds, and getting my position took a total of two years and five months: thirteen months from when my application was submitted until they called me to begin my hiring process, then another sixteen months of waiting and jumping through various hoops. Maybe it''s just the FAA, but I can''t help but think other agencies must be just as slow.

Stephanie
The FAA I am sure is under even more scrutiny. My husband was in the aerospace industry, BTW, and worked with the FAA from time to time. They even had a few guys in the building who actually worked forthe FAA. I am still going to encourage him to apply for any and all gov''t jobs that he thinks would work.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Skippy and Kaleigh! Please keep us in your prayers.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 9:16:39 PM
Author: perry
Lumpkin:

I have been in your husbands position. Due to how the job market changed in my chosen field I endid up changing carrears (after an almost 3 year job search over 1/2 of the country). In the end - a decade later I found myself back into the kind of work I enjoy doing again.

Key items:

Don''t give up hope.

Do look at what kind of future that specific work has.

Do consider moving to a good job. I ran into so many people who would not consider moving... I moved to where I could make the best living.

What kind of work does you husband do?

One area that will have steady employment for decades - and pays well is the nuclear power plant industry.

Many ways to play it - many many specialties needed:

Work for the NRC (one of the best rated federal agencies to work for).

Work at a plant (our plant has about 700 employees, and average pay at a plant is 38% higher than equivalent work elsewhere).

Work for a company providing services to nuclear power plants (there are hundreds of such companies). This can either be at a fixed location such as in an office, a temporary employee for 6 months - several years at a plant site, or as a road job position where you travel plant to plant for part of the year (and I hire a contractor where the people work about 6 months a year - and take the rest of the year off as outage support people: they earnn lots of money during spring and fall refueling outage season).

The best money can be earned in positions requiring a basic security clearance that allows you to access the plants. But you can do very well in other positions. The NRC is hiring big time - especially technical people (www.nrc.gov).

For basic information on the nuclear power industry in general, plant locations, and owners go to www.nei.org . Post if you need more help in this area.

Hope this helps,

Perry
Perry, excellent! I will show him these links ASAP! His degree is in Information Technology Management, although he was a technical writer. He also did a ton of fixing this and that in his department and got a reputation throughout the building as the guy to call when your computer (or printer, scanner, copier, fax, etc.) went out, even on old systems (not PC''s). Hopefully he will be able to find something, and I think he would find the industry very interesting.

Thank you and I''ll let you know how he fares with your links.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Lumpkin:

I feel your pain. My husband was out of work for a year and a half. We did not have much money saved in the bank to tide us over and his layoff was totally unexpected. We existed solely on my salary during that time. It was really tough and I was so afraid that if something went wrong with the car or the house, it would be enough to put us under. I wouldn''t even buy a cup of coffee for fear that the $3.00 I would spend might make the difference between paying a bill or not.

I also thought my husband was being discriminated against because of his age. Companies want younger candidates and emerging college grads who will take less money for the job. Younger generations hop scotch from one job to the next much more than my generation did (I''m a baby boomer). It''s actually considered a good career move to jump to a new job after a year or two. A way of advancing quicker and on one''s own terms, not on a company time line. I remember when job hopping made one appear unstable or disloyal to their employer or something. That is surely not the case anymore.

Anyway, I digress. I just wanted to say that I feel for you and I empathize. Something will come through, even if its just something for in between now and when he lands the job of his dreams. Keep the faith. I''ll be thinking and praying for you. It sounds like he is doing everything in his power to get something going and certainly putting 200% effort into it. Someting will break loose soon! My husband''s layoff forced a career change for him, one he would certainly have never done had he not been so desperate. Things now are so much better for us and those hard times are just a distant memory.

Sorry I don''t have any great tips or advice for you, all I can do is send you a big cyber ((hug)). I''ll be praying for you.

psaddict

Shiny_Rock
I am really sorry you''re going through this. Sounds like he''s working hard to get you guys back on track.

What is the job market/economy like in your city? I think money magazine and some others put out reports that show % growth in different cities. You say that his company outsourced all their positions. Is this just an isolated event, or are a lot of people out of work right now because it''s happened at several local companies? Some cities are just stagnant or in decline, and others are growing rapidly and adding lots of jobs. If he continues to hunt and can''t find anything, would you consider a relocation? If you are a stay at home mom, so don''t need to be in a specific place for a job, maybe you could consider a city where the grasses are greener for whatever industry he''s in, and there''s more growth. Just something to consider... he could always send some resumes to other cities and then decide if the job is worth the move or not.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Thank you very much SuzyQZ. I think we need to sharply cut back on luxuries, too. God knows we don''t buy a lot of clothes, or vacation, and thankfully our cars are paid off. But we do have a tendancy to go thru the drive thru and get a drink. Gonna have to cut that out.

Psaddict, there have been a lot of layoffs in our area. There''s also a lot of growth, but there are a lot of people in our boat, too. I would move in a heart beat, but my husband is really tied to KC. All of our relatives are getting very old (we''re both the youngest by over 10 years and our parents were old when they had us). Hubby does not want to move because of our parents being older.....not having many years left, etc. I would still move because we''re raising a family and we need to focus on that, but I''m only half of this equation....

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just want to offer you my support. It must be a very stressful time for you both. Come and chat to feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results