shape
carat
color
clarity

Huggie Hoops (attn: blueiris)

tenyearanniversary

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty!

Does anyone have a guess as to what CTW are the earrings that the ear shots are of?

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
I believe the pictures change as you click the carat weight you want :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
farmer gal|1328819951|3122565 said:

Yes, I think so, too! hard decision but I think I am leaning towards the 1.5's. They have a special going right now, too, which I saw above on the PS ad!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1328822761|3122603 said:
farmer gal|1328819951|3122565 said:

Yes, I think so, too! hard decision but I think I am leaning towards the 1.5's. They have a special going right now, too, which I saw above on the PS ad!

DS, I just replied to you on the other thread. :) Thank you for posting this! :appl: I will be posting a thread with photos of the earrings soon, but wondered about the details of the special you saw? (I don't seem to see any vendor ads - I wonder why?)

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW, these are so pretty!! BlueIris, I think WF is running a special for V-day on the 1ctw huggies. :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani|1328898475|3123334 said:
WOW, these are so pretty!! BlueIris, I think WF is running a special for V-day on the 1ctw huggies. :love:

Yes, when I looked back it does look like it is just the 1 ct. pair.

I can't WAIT to see the 1.5's, blueiris! Post pictures soon!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Hey DS! Sorry about the delay with posting photos. I was cleaning the huggies to photograph them, and dropped one. A diamond popped out (oh, no!) ;( I called WF and they sent a label for them to be returned. I just heard back from them and wanted to wait to post until I did.

I wasn't able to get any photos of the earrings (since only 1 was intact) but I did get a couple of one on my ear and I am posting that (mostly I got photos of my hair ... I couldn't believe how inept I was at taking photos of an earring on my ear!)

I'm also deciding between keeping the platinum pair (which is what I had) once they are repaired, or having them make me a pair in wg/palladium. (I have a nickel allergy so that's why I would need a "special" gold mix.) The platinum pair are beautiful and I do prefer platinum, but I may want to go with the gold to save a little weight.

Meanwhile, let me just tell you a bit about my thoughts on them! I like the 1.5 tcw size very much; they seem perfect for everyday. The diamonds are not too big, not too small! The new design with the open U setting helps the diamonds show up more, even from the side (which is what I primarily see on me when I look in the mirror straight on). The overall size of the earring did increase, though, and I wish they could have kept the size more like the original 1 tcw pair. They measured at .75"; the original design was a few mm smaller and closer to the ear. There is a surprise diamond on the back of the earring which is a very nice touch. They feel solid and well-made, of course, and the service from WF was excellent, which has always been my experience with them.

Oh, and the diamonds! Can't forget about them. The diamonds are beautiful, of course! They're F/G, VS diamonds, all H & A. Little sparklers! :love:

Huggies1.jpg

Huggies2.jpg

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
And here are the photos from Whiteflash - love the one in the gumballs (or whatever those are)!

WFHuggies1.jpg

WFHuggies2.jpg

WFHuggies3.jpg

WFHuggies4.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are just beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, blueiris! I was hoping you would post these!!! I was talking to Traci today and telling her that I didn't know about sizes and that I might need to order more than one pair to try them all! But I really think I might like these the best! I really think I like the more open setting better, too! Do you think they might be too much since my e-ring is smaller than yours, though? I really like things to be balanced. I love platinum, but I was also thinking about white gold due to the weight issue. I might like palladium white gold that doesn't have to have rhodium as well.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great size for your earlobes! Hope you enjoy them!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1329362181|3127145 said:
Oh, blueiris! I was hoping you would post these!!! I was talking to Traci today and telling her that I didn't know about sizes and that I might need to order more than one pair to try them all! But I really think I might like these the best! I really think I like the more open setting better, too! Do you think they might be too much since my e-ring is smaller than yours, though? I really like things to be balanced. I love platinum, but I was also thinking about white gold due to the weight issue. I might like palladium white gold that doesn't have to have rhodium as well.

I don't think they'd be too much with your e-ring; they really don't look overwhelming. Plus together, they're still a bit smaller than your e-ring (in diamond weight). My husband made the comment that they look great for every day but could also work for "occasions".

As for the palladium white gold, when Sheerah proposed the palladium/wg option I wasn't sure what that would look like so I tried to find photos of it. It looked different in various photos and it was hard to pin down its color! But then Sheerah told me that they would be rhodium plated, to give them the same look as nickel/wg that has been plated. Since all my other jewelry is platinum, I just want it to look similar to that. Also, the earrings won't be exposed to a lot of friction or skin contact (other than the post) so the plating should last a long time, I think. But possibly they can do palladium/wg without plating - you should ask Traci what her thoughts are on that!

bright ice, thank you! mom2boys, thank you, too! :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, well I don't really care if they plate it. You really don't see much metal anyway. I am just going to have to try some to see how they look on my ears.

I can't remember this from the other thread, but did you and sna have the same size diamonds in your diamonds by the yard necklaces? I think his were 12 points but I can't remember what you have and how many stones. I was just thinking about that in relation to the size of the stones in the earrings.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
mom2boys said:
Great size for your earlobes! Hope you enjoy them!
agreed!! Def blingy :)

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
I do think trying some on would help you, too. I felt like the 10 pointers were just too small to show up well on me, with my long hair and the way my ear lobes are (more flat to my head, which turns the hoops sideways a little). The 15 pointers do show up much more.

You're right, my DBTY necklace has 12 pointers. I think it has 15 of them, but I'll have to count to be sure! They're evenly spaced all around, so in case it turns there is no gap. I could easily see bigger melee for the DBTY though. The 12 pt. stones look very dainty, even with the bezels.

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Amys Bling|1329365905|3127190 said:
agreed!! Def blingy :)

Amys Bling, thank you! :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
blueiris|1329366393|3127204 said:
I do think trying some on would help you, too. I felt like the 10 pointers were just too small to show up well on me, with my long hair and the way my ear lobes are (more flat to my head, which turns the hoops sideways a little). The 15 pointers do show up much more.

You're right, my DBTY necklace has 12 pointers. I think it has 15 of them, but I'll have to count to be sure! They're evenly spaced all around, so in case it turns there is no gap. I could easily see bigger melee for the DBTY though. The 12 pt. stones look very dainty, even with the bezels.

Would you possibly be able to post a picture of the necklace when you have a chance? This is the hard part about buying online, but it is worth getting the quality stones that WF has...once I figure out the sizes!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love huggies. I think I need a pair. Some day! haha. I am a hoops kind of girl and these are right up my alley.

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1329368349|3127225 said:
Would you possibly be able to post a picture of the necklace when you have a chance? This is the hard part about buying online, but it is worth getting the quality stones that WF has...once I figure out the sizes!!!

I will be happy to post a photo of the necklace. :) It is very difficult to buy online sometimes, and especially a custom piece which isn't returnable.

I'd appreciate any help on deciding if I want to stay with the platinum huggies, or have WF make them in palladium white gold. The difference in weight - per earring - is around 2 grams. Will I notice that? I have no idea! I weighed some other earrings I have and found a pair that weighs what the platinum huggies do, and a pair that weighs what the white gold huggies would (approximately), but they are such different shapes than the huggies that I couldn't really get a good idea of how much of a difference it would make. Any thoughts? (Anyone else with an opinion, please chime in!)

dreamer, I am quite sure that you do need a pair. :D

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do the platinum ones feel heavy?

How much do the platinum one's weigh? I am wondering what percentage change 2g is. I am thinking that most of the weight is the diamonds...

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1329502032|3128189 said:
Do the platinum ones feel heavy?

How much do the platinum one's weigh? I am wondering what percentage change 2g is. I am thinking that most of the weight is the diamonds...

WF told me that the platinum pair, before the diamonds are added and before being polished, weigh 11.5 g. total (for both earrings). The finished platinum pair, according to my gram scale, weigh 10 g. total (5 g. each). As for the gold, WF said their weight is around 6 g. total, again before the diamonds are added and the gold is polished - so I'm estimating around 3 g. each for finished weight, but it may be a little under that. Unfortunately, they don't have a finished pair in the gold that they can weigh for me to do a more accurate comparison.

The platinum pair did feel heavier than I'm used to, but I'm not sure if part of that is because all I've worn for over a year now is my diamond studs, which weigh 1 g. each. Also, the hoops move around a bit when you move your head, so you can feel the weight more, if that makes sense. Any thoughts? Thanks dreamer, I appreciate the help! :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I don't know! Those weights just don't mean anything to me as I don't know how much my current hoops weigh! Although, they are white gold and very light. I am hoping to get a couple of pairs to try on, and if I succeed, I can tell you how I feel about the 1.5 in white gold. If I think I couldn't handle them any heavier, then I'll know the wg is the way for me to go.

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1329507394|3128225 said:
Ugh, I don't know! Those weights just don't mean anything to me as I don't know how much my current hoops weigh! Although, they are white gold and very light. I am hoping to get a couple of pairs to try on, and if I succeed, I can tell you how I feel about the 1.5 in white gold. If I think I couldn't handle them any heavier, then I'll know the wg is the way for me to go.

Are you going to get both at once? That will be so helpful for determining size and weight! I wish I could try on both; not to keep repeating this, but it really is SO hard to order something without trying it on.

My camera battery is charging so hopefully I'll be able to get a photo of the DBTY necklace for you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I might try the 1 ct. and these. But I may just try these in the wg. I emailed yesterday and thought I was going to get a call yesterday from them but still haven't.

Thanks for the dby pic in advance!

blueiris

Brilliant_Rock
Argh! Tons of photos of my hair, and blotchy chest, and only a few turned out of the DBTY. (And horrifying to see my neck so close-up, I might add! ;-) )

Anyway ... I did remember correctly and there are 15, 12 pt. stones. Though the necklace looks fairly substantial in the photos, it is very dainty and delicate when you take in the whole person, not just a neck shot.

DBTY1.jpg

DBTY2.jpg

DBTY3.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I actually think the 12 pointers look good! Thanks so much for the pictures!!! I am thinking of doing 11 stones which would leave just a little more space between the stones than yours, but I think it will still work. This one from Tiffany's has 11 stones at 14 points each, so that is kind of what I am going for (but may do 12's depending on pricing).

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=17444859&mcat=148206&cid=288187&search_params=s+5-p+5-c+288187-r+101297647+101323340+101323351-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results