shape
carat
color
clarity

huggie help needed

gwd

Rough_Rock
hey guys,

i'm hoping for some advice. many years ago my DH gifted me with the brian gavin leaverback diamond huggies. they've been lost. totally my fault as i had to remove them for a CT scan and then, cleaning out my purse they were thrown away. PSA, don't clean your purse late at night, in dim light.

anyhoo, i attempted to order a replacement pair and while they were on the website, they are no longer available and i found out the bad news yesterday. they've pulled the item now that they realize they're not available. i found, what looks like the same earring on the whiteflash site. i'm waiting for information on their availablity. do you all think they're the same earring?

1623540187900.png

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have a picture of the first pair that you can post?

Reactions: gwd

gwd

Rough_Rock
Do you have a picture of the first pair that you can post?

these are the brian gavin ones..........mine were yellow gold

1623544687701.png

gwd

Rough_Rock
and another from a pricescope member

1623544819848.png

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
They look really similar. Does Whiteflash give the ctw and measurements? I have the Brian Gavin huggies and they’re .24 ctw and 10 mm x 14 mm for reference.

gwd

Rough_Rock
Does Whiteflash give the ctw and measurements?
yes, the exact same number, and total cw. according to the nice folks at brian gavin, they didn't have them in stock and when they went to order from the manufacture, they found they'd been discontinued. something about problems with the leaverback. funny, i had mine for many, MANY years, wore them every day and never had an issue, other than being an idiot and accidentally tossing them in the trash. heartbreaking, bone-headed mistake.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can ask WF if they are the same or similar. They will be glad to answer. I was debating a few years ago between WF and BG because they look very similar based on the photos.

Anyhow, too bad those are discontinued at BG. I bought them for my wife. They are really cute and perfect for everyday wear. Plus, they were amazing value. Cannot find the same quality and design at that price anymore.

gwd

Rough_Rock
They are really cute and perfect for everyday wear.

i know, right! i'm just sick at my stupidity.

according to the gal at brian gavin, the manufacturer that they sourced them from is the one that discontinued the design. my hope is that WF still has a pair in stock.......i'm assuming by looking that they sourced from the same manufacturer. waiting to hear back from white flash. fingers crossed.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look very, very similar. I bought the yellow gold ones from BGD for my mum years ago, and the ones from WF look just like them. Fingers and toes crossed for you!

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
yes, the exact same number, and total cw. according to the nice folks at brian gavin, they didn't have them in stock and when they went to order from the manufacture, they found they'd been discontinued. something about problems with the leaverback. funny, i had mine for many, MANY years, wore them every day and never had an issue, other than being an idiot and accidentally tossing them in the trash. heartbreaking, bone-headed mistake.

I think it’s very likely they are the same earring. I hope it works out! I know what it’s like to throw out your jewelry by mistake. I used to have a bad habit of taking off studs and putting them in a paper cup for cleaning. I think you can see where this is going. I threw out a pair of sapphire earrings once!

That’s interesting about the leaverback. One of my mine occasionally snaps out of alignment but I’ve always attributed it to something I was doing.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look exactly the same to me. I used to own the BGD huggies.

I too can relate to throwing out jewelry :cry: . Threw out two diamond rings that I had wrapped in a paper towel to dry.:shock: I only
use jewelry cloths now to dry my jewelry. Luckily they were insured and I was able to replace them but I was pretty devastated
that I could be that stupid!:oops:

gwd

Rough_Rock
thanks for the responses guys,

now i need help with a decision, WF clearly sourced theirs from the same manufacture as BG. but for the same reasons, they can't get them now. they did agree to do a custom job to replicate the earrings. what has given me cause to pause is that more than double the price that was listed on the BG site a week ago. the WF site didn't have a price listed.

on the BG site they were listed at, i believe $650 and the price quote for the custom pair that WF would do is $1800. .........anyone had any input as to the 'norms' of custom work vs a piece that they're ordering?

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I would ask David Klass for a quote. He can make them and source very nice stones for you.

now i need help with a decision, WF clearly sourced theirs from the same manufacture as BG. but for the same reasons, they can't get them now. they did agree to do a custom job to replicate the earrings. what has given me cause to pause is that more than double the price that was listed on the BG site a week ago. the WF site didn't have a price listed.

on the BG site they were listed at, i believe $650 and the price quote for the custom pair that WF would do is $1800. .........anyone had any input as to the 'norms' of custom work vs a piece that they're ordering?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can they not find another similar stock setting? This setting seems like one that should be easy to find.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can they not find another similar stock setting? This setting seems like one that should be easy to find.

I have not seen similar delicate designs. In addition, the BG/WF huggies have H&A melees. The diamonds perform exactly the same.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I personally would wait for sale at WF or BG and get a pair of slightly bigger hoops, instead of going custom.

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@gwd - oh my! The WF custom huggies are way expensive! Maybe you can post a WTB (Want to buy) on the Pre-loved section and see if anyone is interested in selling Huggies that BGD had? Or check Ebay or Rubylane for something similar? I saw several yellow gold 14K diamond Huggies on Rubylane (how about this? Diamond-35-ctw-Huggie-Hoop-Earrings) Anyway, I thought to throw out a few suggestions so you can think about this. Hope this helps!

-C4C

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Im so sorry uou threw your pair put out my mistake
Ive done that too

either way - those earings (or rather similar ones with much lesser quality diamonds) would be selling for so much more here in a NZ shop even taking into account the exchange rate

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I would try ID jewelry for a custom job if they don’t have similar in stock. Ask for Pricescope quality stones. That’s way too expensive for what it is from Whiteflash.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results