shape
carat
color
clarity

Huge rave for Platinumsmith!! Custom men''s wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
My wonderful FI wanted a very simple wedding band - a plain, polished comfort fit band with one round brilliant inlaid/bezel diamond set flush with the band... sounds pretty simple, right?!! But amazingly enough, we couldn''t find one ANYWHERE!!! And believe me, we looked at B&M stores, online, etc... etc.. etc... ! All the rings we found had many diamonds, or weren''t round stones, or something...

I gave up and decided that it would be best to do a custom piece, and I contacted several PS vendors, and ultimately chose Platinumsmith to do a completely custom, hand made ring. For some reason, the idea of a hand made piece resonated with me, because it would be a special ring that my future hubby will wear to represent our marriage...

I have to say that working with Phillip has been a true pleasure, he has been very accomodating and worked with all my small details/requests - what a pro!
36.gif
36.gif
He sent me some pics today of the final product and I was blown away!! So here we go:

Specs:
Men''s platinum comfort fit band, size 7.25, approx 5.5mm wide
10pt round brilliant diamond, E, VS
plus a tiny surprise diamond on the inside of the band!!
30.gif

DSCN9179.JPG

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
10.gif

DSCN9180.JPG

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
this one shows the surprise diamond on the inside, opposite the main diamond

DSCN9186.JPG

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it''s great!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Another wonderful piece by Platinumsmith!!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
suprise diamond up close

DSCN9187.JPG

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Very handsome handiwork, I bet he''ll love it.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
9.gif

DSCN9192.JPG

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Ok almost done...

DSCN9194.JPG

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Last one!!

DSCN9197.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
very nice and manly. it looks heavy and stong. way to go platinumsmith..

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
thanks Rascal and glitterta - I forwarded a pic to my FI and he was very happy!
9.gif

Can''t wait to get this baby in the mail... I will definitely try to get FI to ''pose'' for some hand pics!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s very handsome and love the surprise diamond on the inside. Nice work, I''m sure your FI will love it!!!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! Masculine, sleek and timeless!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
That''s a very nice ring. It''s so funny that you can see the reflection of you taking the picture. We were kind of looking for something like that until my FI felt in love with his wb. I bet your FI will love it.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
thanks mrs salvo, kaleigh, ladyluvsluxury, and qtiekiki!!

I love the heavy look too - some of the plain wedding bands we saw/tried on felt so flimsy! I think the heaviness of platinum is nice too.

qtiekiki - actually platinumsmith took these pics! but what a great polishing job they did - I am SO happy! Can''t wait to actually have it in my hands...
3.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like something I would want to wear myself! Glad to hear about Platinumsmith...

Congratulations for the beautiful ring.
1.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
do you think he''ll model it for us???
9.gif

I love it. I wish my hubby would wear one. It looks great.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow looks fab, so shiny and new with diamonds, yum!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
That is really nice, sleek and manly. I love how the surprise diamonds and the one on the outside of the band are lined up perfectly. Spiffy.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/17/2005 10:18:42 PM
Author: sevens one
do you think he''ll model it for us???
9.gif

I love it. I wish my hubby would wear one. It looks great.

Sevens- I''m definitely going to try and convince FI to model it.. but he doesn''t get to wear it for toooo long! He''ll have to wait until the wedding to really wear it! hehe. (he wouldn''t let me wear my wedding band more than an hour when he got it in... sigh...)

I have to admit I got this ring ONLY after he PROMISED he would wear it... FI doesn''t like to wear jewelry at all, kinda bothers him, so I was very hesitant at first to invest in something really nice, but he DOES deserve a bit of bling... since he spent so much on MINE!!!!
9.gif

John - I am very honored that this made it to your ''saved'' list!!
16.gif

And thanks valeria, mara, and matatora....
the idea for the surprise diamond came to me when FI was explaining one of the reasons he likes having just the one diamond is that he can turn it around and have a plain band when he''s not feeling in a ''blingy'' sort of mood, and it occured to me that a surprise diamond on the INSIDE might be kind of a secret little bling... I dunnos. that and I think I''ve been jealous of other ppl''s cute surprise diamonds! hehe.
2.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very nice. Truly a ''man''s'' ring. I love the weighty look of it and the surprise diamond is a sweet touch. I am sure he will love wearing that ring.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
LOVE it!
30.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Very nice!
36.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just love that. I love the diamond set inside the band.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
flopkins- totally love it! my FI absolutely refuses to where sparklies, so I was considering getting him a ring with a surprise diamond on the inside... and I totally love your FI''s! If I can find somewhere reasonable to get it done (med student budget
7.gif
) I totally will- so cute!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring. I love the fire coming off of that diamond. The hidden bling is such a cool idea. Great idea, great execution. Congrats on a job well done.

Shay

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's a fabulous ring. I love the strong, masculine look of it and the surprise diamond is a wonderful touch. I'm sure he'll be really happy with it!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Great looking ring and always nice to have a heavy band for a man, it just feels more masculine. Congrats!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s fabulous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results