shape
carat
color
clarity

Huge Mixup!!! David K Jewelers vs. David Klass. Help!!!!

noscrusir

Shiny_Rock
therainbowradish|1435768657|3897397 said:
I called him and he will be processing the refund next Thursday minus 4% credit card fees. (Do you still get charged fees even for refunding?). In any case it should be resolved.

Glad to hear. Kind of ridiculous that he still gets a 4% commission off other people's confusion. In any event, I hope it works out and please update us when you actually do receive the refund.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I called him and he will be processing the refund next Thursday minus 4% credit card fees. (Do you still get charged fees even for refunding?). In any case it should be resolved.

The 4% credit card fee is a lie. He will be refunded any fees he paid to the credit card processor (which, if he has a business, are far less than 4%) when he processes the refund. He's calling it something it isn't.

And he is processing the refund NEXT THURSDAY?! RIDICULOUS. UNETHICAL.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The week delay is slightly irritating, and the 4% is questionable for the reason he states, but in the end, I think you'll be VERY fortunate to get your money back minus around $50 with little hassle. It would be worth the $50 or so just to get out of the situation. Usually once they process a refund, it takes a couple of days to show up on your account.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, IMO this guy is sounding pretty shady…but honestly, I think I'd just agree to it to end my association with him and be done with the whole episode. I know not everyone will agree, but I think it's worth the 50 bucks just to be done with him. The important thing is you're getting the refund, and I'm so glad about that!

solgen

Brilliant_Rock

That's BS. But a $50 fee to be done with the matter is a small price to pay. Just be glad you didn't have to fly out there or worse yet file a suit against him.

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
It was weird he kept telling me to call my bank and verify with them the 4% charge. So I did and they cried major BS. They said they would be disputing that. Also they were shocked at how long it will take him to refund. His excuse? He is just a diamond setter and not good with computers.......???.. at least in I'm getting my money back.

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like a dirt merchant to me. Not good with computers huh? So what changes between processing the refund now and next week? Is he a couple chapters behind in his Computers for Dummies book?

I'm very disappointed with this vendor from what you described, I hope people find this thread next time they search for reviews on this hustle...err i mean "business".

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
He said his accountant needed to do it for him. Sigh. At least it is getting done! Whew. What a journey.

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
He finally emailed me when I followed up after our call:
"Your refund will be on July 9 thursday...
I mentioned that in the conversation at least three times not this Thursday.... the following "Thursday" and you said you understand that there's going to be $48 charges on this transaction...
Your refund will be $1152
I don't know what your bank is telling you but I have a merchant account and I believe my merchant account information and please I'm not lying to you for $48..."

Um what??

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's $48.00.
There is no possibility whatsoever that he, as a businessman with a public presence, is deliberately misleading you for $48. He may be mistaken - in which case you need to decide whether or not you care to go to battle over it.

You'll never have to work with him again - I'm confident he would certainly refuse to work with you.
My advice? This thread turned unfair (and ugly) a long time ago - close it, accept your refund, and move on with your business: you have a beautiful ring to look forward to.

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Fair enough Yssie. Slightly harsh but fair enough. I asked the admins to delete the thread earlier since he was willing to refund me but maybe I asked in the wrong place. Or maybe I just say thread closed. I'm new around here. I was asked to share how it turned out. That's how it turned out. Yes it is 48 dollars and I'm fine with it. I'm very relieved and excited.

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here. But don't let anyone make you think it's okay to unjustifiably keep your hard earned money because it creates a solution which is deemed "for the better good".

GET ALL OF IT BACK. It's fraud otherwise.

DeBeersorDeSoda

Rough_Rock
lxAsTrOxl|1435788540|3897635 said:
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here. But don't let anyone make you think it's okay to unjustifiably keep your hard earned money because it creates a solution which is deemed "for the better good".

You have to pick your battles, what good is getting the 48 dollars if you shorten your life through sheer stress or spend hundreds more in gas or lawyers consultations trying to get it back through small claims of which payout isn't even guaranteed if the defendant is stubborn or evasive. If she gets the vast majority back, it's a win. His reputation has been sullied and people at least here will not recommend him just so he could keep the money. It works out for the better.

lxAsTrOxl

Shiny_Rock
DeBeersorDeSoda|1435789229|3897640 said:

You have to pick your battles, what good is getting the 48 dollars if you shorten your life through sheer stress or spend hundreds more in gas or lawyers consultations trying to get it back through small claims of which payout isn't even guaranteed if the defendant is stubborn or evasive. If she gets the vast majority back, it's a win. His reputation has been sullied and people at least here will not recommend him just so he could keep the money. It works out for the better.

She already called the bank and the bank is trying to get all of it back for her, no need for lawyers, or stress. It's a done deal. I agree pick your battles, but this one doesn't hurt to try and win and have the bank fight for her behalf. It's not just a matter of the number amount, it's a matter of principle too, otherwise where does this type of "roll over" behavior end? "oh it's ok, its only....100...200...1000...at least I got the majority back" that mentality doesn't sit well with me.

Either way, I am happy you feel like the process has been concluded to your satisfaction OP. I hope your setting comes out amazing with David Klass.

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yah no worries. The bank is getting it back.

I'm so excited about my ring. Here is the concept but the leaves and shoulder will be white gold and the rest will be yellow gold. I'll post the final in the DK thread once it is completed!

marquiseidea.jpg

marquiseideaside.jpg

tina sparkle

Shiny_Rock
Sorry you've had to go through all this grief, but I can not wait to see the finished product, it will be gorgeous!

DeBeersorDeSoda

Rough_Rock
I very much enjoy mixed metal rings, I think it'll look absolutely amazing. White gold with yellow gold is so pretty!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lxAsTrOxl|1435789862|3897647 said:
DeBeersorDeSoda|1435789229|3897640 said:

She already called the bank and the bank is trying to get all of it back for her, no need for lawyers, or stress. It's a done deal. I agree pick your battles, but this one doesn't hurt to try and win and have the bank fight for her behalf. It's not just a matter of the number amount, it's a matter of principle too, otherwise where does this type of "roll over" behavior end? "oh it's ok, its only....100...200...1000...at least I got the majority back" that mentality doesn't sit well with me.

Either way, I am happy you feel like the process has been concluded to your satisfaction OP. I hope your setting comes out amazing with David Klass.

So true.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
None of us PS'ers has seen the other DavidK's agreements with the credit card service providers (there's more than 1 outfit that he's paying in order to offer customers the ability to make credit card purchases). So I think it's really unfair for any of us to brand him as a swindling liar. Small businesses can't get the more favorable terms that mass retailers do. Think even vendors with a higher volume of sales than his are paying a total of 2+ - 3% nowadays; that's why department stores, etc. are so eager for customers to establish and use an "in-house" credit card account instead of making purchases with MasterCard et al. Plus, different kinds of credit card transactions typically incur different kinds of charges to the merchant & since this was not an in-person "swiped" transaction, it would not qualify for the lowest transaction fee; and yes, it's is indeed possible that a refund results in an additional "hit" to him.

I am glad there was little delay in getting the diamond to David Klass, so he can move forward with you, rainbowradish -- the ring promises to be wonderful!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your inspiration is beautiful - I am looking forward to your and DK(lass!)'s implementation ::)

I truly didn't intend my prior response to be harsh. I'm just quite disappointed by the way some have chosen to voice their opinions in this thread - and at this point I don't think it benefits you or any of the vendors involved. I'm very glad you're getting your refund with little hassle!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
$48.00 totally sucks but in the scheme of things it will be a small price to pay to get the ring you originally wanted. I hope you end up with a beautiful ring!!!!

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
MollyMalone you may be correct. I will only involve my bank if he backs out and doesn't refund me next week. 48 bucks is no biggie.

Now I can focus in my awesome ring!!!!!, I can't wait to share photos of the finished piece. David Klass and Amy are so fun to work with!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad that this appears to be worked out. Hope you have fun with the design of the ring. =)

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
I am happy to hear you have worked this out amicably with the vendor. :clap: Hopefully this thread can be closed and you can move on with your project with David Klass as intended. Your inspiration photos are lovely & the mixed gold sounds beautiful. Looking forward to seeing your new ring eventually in the David Klass SMTB thread. :appl:

therainbowradish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks! I will definitely post it as soon as I get it!!

How do you close a thread?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just don't add anymore posts. After some time, it will die and get pushed down by newer posts up top. There is no need to remove this so that others can read about your experience with David K Jewelers.

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
Right after you get your incomplete refund: chargeback David K for the $48. It's easy, the credit card company has a long relationship with you, not with the retailer, and will always be on your side.

There's nothing--nothing--more annoying to a retailer than a chargeback from the credit card company. Even if they dispute it you'll have your money and it will damage their reputation with the credit card company (too many customers request chargebacks and all of a sudden the retailer can't accept VISA anymore).

Give this jerk what he deserves. The gall!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results