shape
carat
color
clarity

HUGE 5 caraters!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So another PS'er and I were in town yesterday and we went to a local jeweller's to have a look at an 8ct oval (but they had it locked up so we couldn't ogle it ;( ). They showed us these HUGE 5ct stones instead. I'll take one of each please, ha ha! :naughty: :twirl:

Enjoy the pics - we were drooling BIG time. Am re-thinking the 5ct RB "holy-grail" now. The Asscher gives the RB a run for its money! :appl: It looked particularly elegant on the other PS'er's beautiful hand (the one without the nail varnish)! :love:

FYI, the smaller ring is my 3.02ct F VS2. The 5ct's are both high spec'ed, am thinking D or E, VS or VVS (can't remember exactly).

5ct Asscher & 5ct RB.jpg

5ct Asscher & 5ct RB_2.jpg

5ct Asscher, 5ct RB & 3ct RB.jpg

5ct Asscher, 5ct RB & 3ct RB_2.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more pics...

5ct Asscher, 5ct RB & 3ct RB_3.jpg

5ct Asscher, 5ct RB & 3ct RB_4.jpg

5ct Asscher, 5ct RB & 3ct RB_5.jpg

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
WOW! They are gorgeous. I am surprised that the asscher looks almost as big as the RB. The asschers I see are always a lot smaller than a RB of the same carat weight. Weird. I wish I could try on a 5 carat diamond :cheeky:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iugurl|1303798672|2905178 said:
WOW! They are gorgeous. I am surprised that the asscher looks almost as big as the RB. The asschers I see are always a lot smaller than a RB of the same carat weight. Weird. I wish I could try on a 5 carat diamond :cheeky:

Yeah, I know. That's what we've always thought too. It really looked almost the same size as the 5ct RB.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I'd take the asscher too! It is perfection!!

Any update on what you want to do about an upgrade in light of this recent shopping trip? :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll take any of the above but in that size stone I prefer a fancy...so asscher for me please!

btw...your (or your friends) nails look great!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Um, asscher - yum! (I turn into cave man speak when I see such drooly bling)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix, you know what? I honestly think your 3 ct. round looks better on the hand than the 5 ct. round. Above the 3 ct. range, I do like the asscher and emerald cuts better. Your diamond makes the a statement of being beautiful and tasteful and plenty large.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Delish! :lickout: I agree with the other ladies though. That asscher is tdf! What is your ring size, out of curiousity? Your 3 ct. round looks HUGE on your finger!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful!!!! Love love love all of them. I think your 3 ct looks gorgeous on you too! Makes me kinda wish for an upgrade!
Gorgeous!!!!!

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the poster above--I like the three carat round and I like the five carat asscher, but I don't like the five carat round so much.

I like the baguettes next to the asscher a lot, they add to the clean, geometric look.

Thanks for sharing and show some more pics if you ever get to the see the eight carat oval. Sounds like you have a fun day!

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
Phoenix, don't you live in Asia somewhere?
This is OT, I am going to Beijing this summer, are you familiar with there? What kind of jewelry would it be suitable to wear there? Could I wear large diamonds or is that unsafe/unsuitable?
I will be staying at the Grand Millenium and attending business events but also some banquets and entertainment events.
When I say 'bigger' I don't mean anything like yours but I have 2 ct total weight diamond studs and a ring with an 11.5 mm x 5.6mm marquise plus 78 points other diamonds--should this stay at home or would it be okay?
TIA

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I'd like to take one of each too! (says in my dream~) :bigsmile:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza!

My first thought was that I like your 3ct better on the hand than the larger RB, second thought was that the 5ct RB does not look soooo much bigger/different than your present stone. So my thought is if you want a 5ct, get an EC or Asscher so it looks really different and so it looks its best in that size!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1303832682|2905361 said:
Wowza!

My first thought was that I like your 3ct better on the hand than the larger RB, second thought was that the 5ct RB does not look soooo much bigger/different than your present stone. So my thought is if you want a 5ct, get an EC or Asscher so it looks really different and so it looks its best in that size!

I totally agree with this!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must say that I too thought the 3 ct. looked better on your hand but might not have said so unless others did because I know that is your dream ring. Your stone looks far more elegant on you - I've only seen one five carat round stone in person that was set and it begins to take on a door knob appearance to me - sorry! In that size range, bigger is not always better IMO!

The other stones are beautiful but maybe not so much for everyday wear. I think you are good to go with what you have for an ering - but thanks for sharing the others!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
RAWR.

That asscher is TDF! I agree that fancies are so much more appealing in larger carats, but I certainly wouldn't say no to that huge RB!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I would take that asscher any day of the week! Don't fancy the 5 carat at all, but your 3 carat looks lovely on you!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa! That was a nice way to start the morning!!! :love: :love: :love:

They all look ridiculously gorgeous! Whoooo! That asscher is really something though.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the 3ct round looks absolutely stunning on you. The 5 ct is just BIG...but that asscher is Gorgeous too! :love: :love: much prefer the look of a 5 ct asscher than the 5ct round. Regardless, all soooo blingy gorgeous!

Sam121

Rough_Rock
that asscher is quite the stunner! am surprised it looks as big as the 5 carat round...your 3 carat RB definitely holds it's own!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

All gorgeous! But I am partial to your ring/size in a RB.

cheers--Sharon

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
That asscher is killing me! It is so ridiculously gorgeous, and I love it with the baguettes.

Like previous posters have mentioned, I also think your 3 ct RB looks perfect and proportional on your hand, and it really doesn't look much smaller than the 5 ct RB.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Like everyone else, I am chiming in to say your 3ct looks great on your hand (better than the 5ct rb IMO) and the Asscher :love: :love: :love: :love: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Please get that one:) It is perfect!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Mamma of bling!!!! If you're going to go that big, get the Asscher!!!! (it makes my 0.8 center stone look like a little baby!) I agree with the other posters--the 5 ct round almost looks too big, if that's even possible.

BoulderGal

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course, let me add that if YOU like the 5ct round, that is what really matters! It does not look *bad* by any stretch of the imagination, and if your dream, why not?

sparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Im biased, the 5ct round :appl: Interestingly I pulled hubby over to take a look and he favored the 5ct too!

Was there someone singing in the lobby of the mall you were in? There is only 1 place I know that has goods this big at the moment :lol:

Next time give me a shout, I'd love to come along!

HW at ION has a nice large pear I tried on!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you steal the Krupp diamond from Elizabeth Taylor's upcoming auction?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha, you ladies are all just too cute!! You crack me up!! :bigsmile:

The funny thing is the other PS'er and I were not even diamond (window) shopping. We went out to lunch and then I casually mentioned there was an 8ct oval in this shop I'd been meaning to try on and we just meandered over there. It was not even my intention to compare my 3ct with the other stones. It was a real treat to be able to ogle as well as take pics of these boulders. The SA was so nice and compliant! :tongue: :twirl:

Thanks for your kind and lovely words about my 3ct. Ya' know, being in SG and going to HK from time to time, and of course being on PS, have really skewed my perspective and are DSS-inducingl! :sick: :wacko:

I don't know what I want yet at this stage - all along I thought I wanted a 5ct RB (and I'd still luuurrvee a huge boulder like this, it's very showy, very sparkly and eye-catchy), but now I see this wonderous Asscher and of course there're ovals to consider (not able to afford this 8ct any time soon, or rather in this lifetime! 8)) . It's rather confusing!! :errrr: If only I could win the lottery and get one of each, ha ha! :naughty: :devil:

It's been my pleasure to be able to share the pics of these beauties with you all. :)) :))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Black Jade|1303825736|2905280 said:
Phoenix, don't you live in Asia somewhere?
This is OT, I am going to Beijing this summer, are you familiar with there? What kind of jewelry would it be suitable to wear there? Could I wear large diamonds or is that unsafe/unsuitable?
I will be staying at the Grand Millenium and attending business events but also some banquets and entertainment events.
When I say 'bigger' I don't mean anything like yours but I have 2 ct total weight diamond studs and a ring with an 11.5 mm x 5.6mm marquise plus 78 points other diamonds--should this stay at home or would it be okay?
TIA

Yes, I do live in Singapore and also lived in Shanghai for abt 1.5 years. I've been to BJ too, a couple of times, for work and for pleasure.

That's quite a lot of bling you have there. That marquise sounds divine - have you ever posted pics? Would love to see it pls.

I'm a bit ambivalent actually and am not really sure what to advise you. Generally, it should be ok, particularly if you only take taxis and/ or are driven in cars and not walking around by yourself, esp. at night. When I lived in SH, initially I was petrified and didn't wear anything. Slowly, I started wearing the 1.4ctw bezelled diamond studs. Then I wore the larger pieces too. I was fine, but then I only hung around in "safer" areas and rarely walked around (except to go to my local grocery store).

Perhaps you can give Making The Grade a shout? I think she's from there/ her parents live there. So perhaps she'd be better able to advise you on what to do.

Have fun and I hope you'll be fine. Oh incidentally, BJ may get extremely hot in the summer. I think it can go up to the forties Centigrade. I'd dress comfortably too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results