shape
carat
color
clarity

How's Everyone Who Is On a Pearl Ban Doing?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been tempted. Those metallic off round FW's on Etsy- Oh my!!!! CMWpearls- yes please! But so far I have been good. Every year I buy stuff on PP credit, pay it off, lather, rinse, repeat. This year I am again starting with zero CC debt, ambitious plans to pay off my house and trying to avoid the pull of beautiful pearls. It. Is. So. Hard. Especially after seeing the wonderful, lustrous pearls that @MakingTheGrade , @ForteKitty, @elizat, @MMtwo, @eloisegirl, @Mukti , @yssie and others are posting. I live for the pictures you ladies share. Truly eye candy and so incredibly gorgeous! :)

Anyone else on a pearl ban? And if you are- how are you doing?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
0E2D6B5A-6A06-4E5D-9817-B8267AD872B1.jpeg

The island in question is Ban Island... And I'd planned to buy a ferry ticket but I spent that...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been tempted. Those metallic off round FW's on Etsy- Oh my!!!! CMWpearls- yes please! But so far I have been good. Every year I buy stuff on PP credit, pay it off, lather, rinse, repeat. This year I am again starting with zero CC debt, ambitious plans to pay off my house and trying to avoid the pull of beautiful pearls. It. Is. So. Hard. Especially after seeing the wonderful, lustrous pearls that @MakingTheGrade , @ForteKitty, @elizat, @MMtwo, @eloisegirl, @Mukti , @yssie and others are posting. I live for the pictures you ladies share. Truly eye candy and so incredibly gorgeous! :)

Just do it before you get a nose bleed or something !

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just do it before you get a nose bleed or something !

Hahahah!!!! I am trying to wear all my pearls at least 3 times before I buy another strand. I am wearing pearls to bed even. I have (hangs head in shame) 130 pearl necklaces. So I keep telling myself that pearls are an addiction and I am now cured!

Be careful out there. :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahahah!!!! I am trying to wear all my pearls at least 3 times before I buy another strand. I am wearing pearls to bed even. I have (hangs head in shame) 130 pearl necklaces. So I keep telling myself that pearls are an addiction and I am now cured!

You've got more than many vendors' inventory... :halo: :kiss2::bigsmile:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Wear them all at once...neck shot!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wear them all at once...neck shot!

OMG that would be too funny and maybe painful. :) Why does that seem like a good idea to me?

You've got more than many vendors' inventory... :halo: :kiss2::bigsmile:

You are right and that is why I think I need to appreciate what I have. But.........it's like someone says "squirrel" and I whip my head around and focus on the next shiny strand. Bonkers!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I tell myself its good for them to be worn to bed
Everyone (and the Queen) says pearls need to be worn
i wore my blue baroque and mum's strand to bed
That has to be one of the safest places
pillows are soft, if anything comes loose (mum's badly need a restring) they will be safe in the sheets

i did have a bit of a moment when i discovered one of my pink FW mall earings was missing ...but it was in the bed

Im careful - i wouldn't wear just anything to bed, but i think pearls (not rings) are ok
although the flapper strand i don't think would be a good idea because i toss and turn
i remember waking up once when i was 11 and i had the radio cord wrapped around my neck

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG that would be too funny and maybe painful. :) Why does that seem like a good idea to me?

You are right and that is why I think I need to appreciate what I have. But.........it's like someone says "squirrel" and I whip my head around and focus on the next shiny strand. Bonkers!

Yes like Queen Alexandra !
AlexandraCoronationCloseUp.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tell myself its good for them to be worn to bed
Everyone (and the Queen) says pearls need to be worn
i wore my blue baroque and mum's strand to bed
That has to be one of the safest places
pillows are soft, if anything comes loose (mum's badly need a restring) they will be safe in the sheets

i did have a bit of a moment when i discovered one of my pink FW mall earings was missing ...but it was in the bed

Im careful - i wouldn't wear just anything to bed, but i think pearls (not rings) are ok
although the flapper strand i don't think would be a good idea because i toss and turn
i remember waking up once when i was 11 and i had the radio cord wrapped around my neck

OMG- waking up with the radio cord wrapped around your neck. That reminds me of the thread with that 2K telephone cord necklace and yet another reason not to buy it.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG- waking up with the radio cord wrapped around your neck. That reminds me of the thread with that 2K telephone cord necklace and yet another reason not to buy it.

It did cross my mind before when i wrote it too !
It was an old valve radio at our beach house
I think when my great aunt died my mother got everything
It did serve me well a few years latter listening to the cricket in the middle of the night
The menory of the comforting sound of waves of rolling static coming over the airwaves from some far off English cricket ground far outway the attempted strangling
1.jpg

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m supposed to be on an “everything” ban but seem to have bought about 4 pearly pieces in the last few months! I have one child off at college and another one yet to go, I suspect when the second goes money will be a lot tighter. Then I’ll just have to sit on my hands. Or stop coming to PS and avoid temptation? Can’t do that, PS is one of the things keeping me sane right now!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m supposed to be on an “everything” ban but seem to have bought about 4 pearly pieces in the last few months! I have one child off at college and another one yet to go, I suspect when the second goes money will be a lot tighter. Then I’ll just have to sit on my hands. Or stop coming to PS and avoid temptation? Can’t do that, PS is one of the things keeping me sane right now!

Can't junior get a job ?

Sorry i feel its a bit cheeky of me to comment as
i never went to university but my freinds that did all got part time jobs and student loans

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
It did cross my mind before when i wrote it too !
It was an old valve radio at our beach house
I think when my great aunt died my mother got everything
It did serve me well a few years latter listening to the cricket in the middle of the night
The menory of the comforting sound of waves of rolling static coming over the airwaves from some far off English cricket ground far outway the attempted strangling
1.jpg

I had to read this twice. When I hear crickets at night they are a symphony of insects, which is in fact very relaxing.

As for the pearl ban, so far so good. Though I do have a few pieces of jade in my etsy basket, so I am probably cheating.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't junior get a job ?

Sorry i feel its a bit cheeky of me to comment as
i never went to university but my freinds that did all got part time jobs and student loans

No, you’re quite right. We’re providing enough to cover accommodation and basic needs, the education is free. It has been hard this year, all the places that students normally work, coffee shops, hotels etc have been closed here. Not many options!

SparklyBandit

Rough_Rock
After my WSS purchase, I have to take a break. That doesn't mean though that I am not thinking about what is next. I like to actually wear pearls, so I don't want to duplicate too much. To me, the worst is when you have two sets of pearls that work with the same outfit/event. That just means that some pearls stay in the box!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

This is probably a dangerous question I am asking - but what is PP credit?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to read this twice. When I hear crickets at night they are a symphony of insects, which is in fact very relaxing.

As for the pearl ban, so far so good. Though I do have a few pieces of jade in my etsy basket, so I am probably cheating.

Well i do quite enjoy the crickets singing away at night but this was test cricket =)2
The 80s was a great time in NZ cricket fta160901.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, you’re quite right. We’re providing enough to cover accommodation and basic needs, the education is free. It has been hard this year, all the places that students normally work, coffee shops, hotels etc have been closed here. Not many options!

:(2
Of course
im sorry

here we can't get enough labour to pick apples now the students have gone back to varsity

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is probably a dangerous question I am asking - but what is PP credit?

Paypal credit. Zero interest if you pay the item off in 6 months which I always do. If not I believe the interest rate is very high.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paypal credit. Zero interest if you pay the item off in 6 months which I always do. If not I believe the interest rate is very high.

Every time i see the notification that you have posted on this thread i think yoy have bought something !!!!! :lol:

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m MEANT to be on a ban. But there are just so many pretty pearls to buy. It’s hard to look only!

While sticking to my ban, I’ve convinced my MIL that she needs madama studs... how could I say no when she offered to also buy me a pair for my birthday this year? They ARE a killer deal.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m MEANT to be on a ban. But there are just so many pretty pearls to buy. It’s hard to look only!

While sticking to my ban, I’ve convinced my MIL that she needs madama studs... how could I say no when she offered to also buy me a pair for my birthday this year? They ARE a killer deal.

How wonderful
your MIL saved the day
i think i would have spontaneously combusted if another pearl gal went on a no buy :lol:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK guys- hypothetical question. If you were able to buy a pre-loved baroque SS necklace for the cost of 2 weeks lunch money and you packed a lunch instead of buying for the next two weeks- is that considered breaking your ban? s-l1600 (5).jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This sounds like a great experiment and plan. Buy them and then wear them every day you eat your packed lunch. You will know by the end if they were worth it.

You’re a savvy woman ❤️

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This sounds like a great experiment and plan. Buy them and then wear them every day you eat your packed lunch. You will know by the end if they were worth it.

I only buy lunch 3 days a week. So what you are saying is it is not breaking my ban- but rather an experiment. I like science. :cool2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results