shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you set these?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Either bypass pinkie ring(to show off size of stones)or drop earrings...these stones are STUNNING and need to be worn in the sun light! I can feel theres a story behind these stones...do tell !!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are pretty - I''d do dangle diamond earrings .

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I second the drop earrings idea! That was my immediate thought when I saw the stones.
1.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t find the picture, but I''d do something like sandra bullock''s e-ring. It''s got two stones set vertically with pave on the sides almost like a split shank.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s one, but it''s not a great pic.

sbul3;lkj;kj.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the input!

I know that they would make fab drop earrings, but I have long hair-so they''d be lost unless I had my hair up! I would do regular pears on my ears---but not these, these are too special to be hidden under all my hair and not to be seen!!! So ring it is :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thought of something like this, set in Plat, single cut Rounds in the halos and a double bezel set Fancy Pink baguette.

pear pair longitudinal halo ring2.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Or something like this:razz:lat, halo with single cut rounds and Fancy pink baguette bezel set in rose gold and then in Plat.

pear pair halo ring.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like these ideas!

I'm just wondering, I think I prefer the second design better by a smidge, but what size finger do you have? That would be a fairly wide setting, no?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Ellen-I wear a size 7-so no problem with the width :) 18-20mm is great finger coverage for me! I also like the idea of the N-S set halo pears with a split shank. And they have to be claw set.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok then! The more I look, the more I like the E/W version, and I typically don''t care for those. But I do this one!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Ellen! It is a different design, but I have really been wanting to use my Fancy Pink Baguette in a ring :) It''s only .15ct, so that is why I would do a double halo for it.

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 8:52:16 AM
Author: stepcutnut
Or something like this:razz:lat, halo with single cut rounds and Fancy pink baguette bezel set in rose gold and then in Plat.

I saw a really sweet ring with two pears...from the Edwardian period...set E/W like that. The style is sometimes called "toi et moi." You might be able to find some examples with a quick google search. There''s no center stone, though. The two stones are supposed to "kiss" and thus symbolize the bond between toi et moi. :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
I did look up toi et moi rings and found only a couple examples, they were interesting :)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/10/2008 8:52:16 AM
Author: stepcutnut
I really liike this design step cut, you have some great ideas ! What a fun project to decide - do you have an idea who you will ask to make the ring?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
arjunajane-Thanks! I know my design ideas are a little different, but I love unique :) David from Diamonds by Lauren will be making the ring-he does fantastic work and my designs don''t scare him at all!!!
1.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Oooo I searched Toi et Moi ring again and found this N-S set halo pear ring from Kwiat.

N-S Toi et Moi halo pear ring.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH I like the North South Version.... maybe you could consider doing that in a bypass style too. YOu have some great projects in the works! I adore the cut of those stones! BEAUtIFUL!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results