shape
carat
color
clarity

How Would You Set a 58ct Cushion Cut Kunzite

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
Our pendant is finished!!! Amy let us know on Monday that everyone at DKJ is safe and well, and they have been able to get most of their team set up to work from home.

The pendant is gorgeous, thank goodness DW rejected my pineapple sketch! :) First up is the glamour video from DKJ followed by a couple of screen shots.

DK Video 1.png DK Video 3.png

Now for the neck shots, the stone actually changes color a lot depending upon the light. Under the bright studio lighting it looked quite pink, but in real life the color becomes deeper.

58.5ct Kunzite Set 1.jpg 58.5ct Kunzite Set 2.jpg 58.5ct Kunzite Set 3.jpg

stunning!!!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Until I saw this I never thought I’d go for a such a humongous gem. This looks absolutely amazing - and what makes it work so well is that chain. The weight / thickness is perfect. Awesome job here.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's an old thread but the pendant was finished & op is very aware of the stones properties (:

Pictures are above and it turned out gorgeous!

Also some people specifically purchase kunzite just to watch it fade over time. It's actually quite a beautiful sentiment as it's beauty is fleeting.

Silly me - how did I miss that stunner? WOW!

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
It’s magnificent and such a special shade of pink! Now I want a kunzite too!

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Me too!!

Reactions: prs

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@GoldenTouch @dk168 @kimberlyqkim @Ionysis @Pinkmartini87 Thank you all so much for your kind words.

There's actually a funny story about the setting. When we received the finished pendant from DKJ we were so mystified with how the color changed from pink to purple depending on the light, it was a couple of weeks before we noticed the gallery was upside down!!!!

This is how it was supposed to be:

58.5ct Kunzite CAD 12 (2).jpg

This is how the pendant came

DK Video 3.png

Lots of apologies all round when we told Amy, and of course she fixed the issue immediately. It just goes to show we are all human, and make the occasional mistake, even David Klass!!! :mrgreen2: Here's a couple of photos of the corrected gallery.

58.5ct Kunzite Set 13 Nov 2020.jpg 58.5ct Kunzite Set 14 Nov 2020.jpg

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven't read the other comments but one thing I wanted to mention is that Kunzite is called the night time gem because with repeated exposure to light, over time, it can fade. So my advice would be to make a pendant that you can tuck into your when in daylight.

It's an old thread but the pendant was finished & op is very aware of the stones properties (:

Pictures are above and it turned out gorgeous!

Also some people specifically purchase kunzite just to watch it fade over time. It's actually quite a beautiful sentiment as it's beauty is fleeting.

Hi @LD and @TheGarnetGirl thanks for the heads up but yes, we are very aware that Kunzite can fade. In fact when we received the pendant from David Klass it was a very sunny day and the stone was a pale pink. DW's reaction was "What the heck happened to my Kunzite???" It took us a little while to figure out the stone turned back to its normal color out of the bright light.

The idea of watching her stone fade over time is indeed a beautiful, romantic sentiment, but DW isn't buying it. =)2 In honor of this thread revival DW pulled the pendant out yesterday and I took a couple more photos.

58.5ct Kunzite Set 10 Nov 2020 (2).jpg
58.5ct Kunzite Set 8 Nov 2020.jpg

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely pendant!

@prs please let me know which site is it that you used to get the diamond sizes for the diamond halo?

Thank you so much.

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely pendant!

@prs please let me know which site is it that you used to get the diamond sizes for the diamond halo?

Thank you so much.

Actually I first tried drawing it out by hand on graph paper, as per post #39 on Page 2, but nothing seemed to work. Fortunately we then saw a similarly sized piece at an auction preview, and the relatively small diamonds worked really well. Just big enough to enhance the overall view of the piece, but not so big as to draw attention away from the gorgeous center stone. Also another big plus was the smaller diamonds were much more affordable. :)

I don't have a site for halo sizes, but if it helps, I do have a couple of diagrams in my files for round stone halos that I've saved over the years.

Halo Size Chart.png Halo Sizes.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results