shape
carat
color
clarity

How would you describe this color?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this stone
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
So I wanted to share. Maybe in the distant future I''ll be able to buy it, lol.
I''m curious as to how you''d describe this color though.

bgb165-b.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2009 4:30:08 PM
Author: mercoledi
Prince of Wales blue

(is that a BB? Tourm?)
Prince of Wales eh? Hehe, I wonder how that came about... Then again, Sweden Princess also seems strange to me..

It's a sapphire. What's a BB?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Barry Bridgestock, it looks like one of his cuts. Pretty stone!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Barry Bridgestock

I would call it a steel blue.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
MTG: That stone is gorgeous!!!! Love the color..

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Air Force Blue

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2009 4:36:15 PM
Author: Gailey
Air Force Blue

Hehe! Nice, I like it :)

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Very comfortable, faded jeans blue...
4.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sky blue - I bet it's lighter in person. Incandescent lighting tends to darken some stones. Of course I'm looking at this on my crappy monitor though.

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Looks like one of Wildfish''s Montana sapphires. They typically are a steel blue, sky blue or greenish blue color.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty color.

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
I 2nd Barcelona-- I spotted this as a Montana sapphire from Wildfish right away! I'm from MT and I have had my eye on that stone for awhile....you keep away from it! Lol, just kidding of course
3.gif

I really love that stone though--the cut is just fabulous.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2009 10:16:54 PM
Author: soycoffee
I 2nd Barcelona-- I spotted this as a Montana sapphire from Wildfish right away! I''m from MT and I have had my eye on that stone for awhile....you keep away from it! Lol, just kidding of course
3.gif

I really love that stone though--the cut is just fabulous.
Yup, it''s Wildfish. No worries, there are years between me and being able to buy this stone! Lol.
For the immediate, realistic future,I have my eye on a smaller fry, a small .8ct montana (5.6mm). I''m thinking of buying it over the summer with the money from my research position as a "yay, i survived 1st year of med school" reward, lol. It''s not too expensive at $120 and I''m coming to realize I really like the Montana Sapphires :)

So no worries, I doubt I"ll be the one to be taking this lovely guy home :)

smallmontana.jpg

soycoffee

Shiny_Rock
Are those more pics of the same wildfish stone, or the newer stone? The angles are so different it''s hard to be sure. MT stones are quite unique--and hard to find untreated. I''ve scoured local stores for untreated MT stones and I''ve only found a handful!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steely blue or blue (with a hint of green) and a gray undertone.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2009 11:12:24 PM
Author: soycoffee
Are those more pics of the same wildfish stone, or the newer stone? The angles are so different it''s hard to be sure. MT stones are quite unique--and hard to find untreated. I''ve scoured local stores for untreated MT stones and I''ve only found a handful!

No the last few pics were of a different MT sapphire (the .8ct one) that I found set in a pendant from a MT jeweler. It''s untreated and looks pretty, although kind of on the small side at 5.6mm....but it''s priced fairly at 120$ I think...so I''m on the fence since it might be awhile until I can afford a 1ct MT sapphire, but I love the color on this one and want one to put in my little gem box, lol.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
It''s a very pretty color. The montana that Rijazz got from wildfish was a bit darker in person than it looked in the pictures. I just picked up two 4.64mm montanas, so I fully support your decision to grab one as a self congratlatuory stone!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2009 10:24:24 AM
It''s a very pretty color. The montana that Rijazz got from wildfish was a bit darker in person than it looked in the pictures. I just picked up two 4.64mm montanas, so I fully support your decision to grab one as a self congratlatuory stone!

Are you going to make earrings with the new montanas? Have pics anywhere?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 12:14:32 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Date: 4/7/2009 10:24:24 AM

Are you going to make earrings with the new montanas? Have pics anywhere?

Yup, I put a few pictures here if you scroll down. They''re pretty little things, you''d love one
2.gif
11.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo! Very pretty! :) Mind if I ask where you got them from?

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I got them from Dan Stair, I was looking for a blue/green sapphire, and he has/had a parcel of montanas. I fell in love with the first one and changed my plan for it, deciding that if I could get a pair, I'd go for it. The first one I got is more green, but the second one is more brilliant. These are little .5ish cters. I think he has a few more, but I'm not sure what their color/size is.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results