shape
carat
color
clarity

How worried are you that you might get robbed wearing your bling out?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting. I don't tend to think of being robbed for my jewels, but I have worried about being robbed for my car at a particular mall. It's a very upscale mall (Tiffany, VCAa etc) but it's not far from some shadier areas. A couple of years ago a young man was shot in front of his wife and died after being carjacked for his Range Rover Sport. I don't go there very often.

Many years ago the people who put in our alarm system stole my tennis bracelet and a really nice gold tie tack that I'd given my husband. Like a moron I had just left it in a jacket pocket rather than the safe. And I had my small diamond studs stolen by a housecleaner when I took them off to shower. The thief replaced them with some cheap earrings which was bizarre. I confronted him before he left and said that maybe he'd vacuumed them up, could he check. He knew he'd been caught and wasn't going to be able to leave until he'd coughed them up. He was filling in for his father and I felt badly when I had to call him to cancel services and tell him what his son had done. Now all my stuff is in the safe.
I remember this happening at the Short Hills Mall..in New Jersey..during the holiday season if it’s the same one I never felt safe there after that...and it is a very upscale mall.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My fiancé is twice my size :kiss2: I do the talking though :lol:
My friend and husband went to Italy...and were walking down a narrow street. All of a sudden a bunch of teenagers surrounded them and started asking whether they lost any money because they found some. My friend’s husband was about to take out his wallet when my friend slapped him and started screaming at the kids in Italian..They ran off..What was funny is my friend is about 4’11”and her husnpband is 6’2”!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I don't have any really large jewels, but I do tend to wear multiple pieces on a day to day basis. Nothing is so large to draw a lot of attention, and I doubt someone would try to steal it off me. When traveling, I leave anything that I wouldn't want to lose in a safe place at home (have just worn my plain wedding band and a small diamond band that I don't care about losing). I leave earrings at home when traveling and just wear sterling silver studs instead, but most of my traveling is casual. I am honestly more concerned about getting scammed, assaulted, etc. but not for my jewelry, just because I'm female, so I avoid people asking for money, don't engage with strangers, don't reveal where I live or am staying when traveling, etc.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results