shape
carat
color
clarity

How wide should a well cut 1.1ct round stone be?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

deggles

Rough_Rock
What should be the approximate width in mm''s of a well cut 1.11ct round stone?

Thanks in advance,

Deggles

Patty

Ideal_Rock
According to my chart, it should be about 6.6 mms.

deggles

Rough_Rock
My 1.1ct measures 6.74 mm across vs. the 6.6 mm mentioned above. Does this theoretically mean that the diamond will look a little bit bigger than the average 1.1ct stone?

Thanks,

Deggles

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/9/2005 1:15:57 PM
Author: deggles
My 1.1ct measures 6.74 mm across vs. the 6.6 mm mentioned above. Does this theoretically mean that the diamond will look a little bit bigger than the average 1.1ct stone?

Thanks,

Deggles
Deggles,

Yes, it means exactly that. A 6.74mm is more inline with a 1.15ct diamond.

If you ask, however, how much of a visual difference there is between 6.6 and 6.74 my answer would be "not much". It''s discernable if you take the time to critically examine the diamonds side by side, but otherwise they''re about the same.

One thing to keep in mind is that we''re quoting off charts for what the size would be for an "ideal" diamond. Most diamonds sold today aren''t ideal - they''re deep. That means most one carat diamonds only measure 6.3mm or so. If you look at things that way your diamond is as big as most of the 1.25ct stones sold at large chain stores!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
deggles you may have a slightly more shallow stone, aka larger table, shallower depth? one of the side effects of this type of stone is that it may have a larger diameter.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results