shape
carat
color
clarity

How to stack diamond necklaces

AntiqueMovalGal

Shiny_Rock
Hi friends!

My fiance gave me this delicate damond necklace, and while I love it, my taste is a little bit... sparklier :)
elsa-perettidiamonds-by-the-yard-necklace-27499627_930048_ED.jpg

I'd like to stack it with one of these 2 1ct Lightbox diamond necklaces. Which of these do you think would look better? Are you for mixing metals or no? I tend to prefer yellow gold myself and would love to bring that in if it wouldn't look too weird.

white-solitaire-pendant-wg-1ct-front_1536x1536_86427fff-8677-4675-acfe-1c1948912daf_1800x1800.jpg

PD104302-front_MV_R5-min_2800x2048_ea884b9d-63ff-4ff1-9d51-8ce52da1a8f0_1800x1800.jpg

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
I’m a big fan of mixing metals and I do, but I have been wearing the same stack for years and I like how simple and clean it looks. Both pieces are gold and I never take them off.

AntiqueMovalGal

Shiny_Rock
I’m a big fan of mixing metals and I do, but I have been wearing the same stack for years and I like how simple and clean it looks. Both pieces are gold and I never take them off.

I would love to see a picture! I need inspo!

AntiqueMovalGal

Shiny_Rock
5CC97618-1DDC-4200-BB7D-A3FE1B2C150F.jpeg
here are the options I’m deciding between side by side, which would you pick?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like “matchy matchy” so the top style BUT those YG Princess cuts are very very nice.
id buy both styles because im hopeless!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
is the new necklase going to hang below the fiance one ?

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first one from the top, the princess in white gold. I have that one and the sides poke quite a bit when I'm laying down or looking down. I have the round too and it's much more comfortable to wear.

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful options you have. The necklaces are beautiful. I like rounds & princess cuts for necklaces, but I think the round will compliment your own necklace nicely. So I say, round.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Yikes... sorry this got so long! I'm going to play devil's advocate here (but feel free to ignore me lol). I don't really care for most of of the stacking and layering that is in style now. To me, they usually don't really go together very well and I usually think it would look better if they just wore one of the pieces at a time.

I think of "matchy-matchy" as being a current style "no-no" with, say, a necklace and earrings being exactly the same, not within the same jewelry items like necklaces worn at the same time.

So if I was going to add on to it, I'd probably get a shorter chain just like the chain on the original, with the same metal color, style (bezel set) and size of diamonds as the original, so it looked like one double-layered necklace. For something that specific, I'd probably look in the same collection the original was selected from.

Also, if you just aren't crazy about the original necklace, putting more money into it to try to modify the look into something you do like might really just be getting in deeper.

If so, another possibility is to just wear the necklace occasionally when you're with him so it's noted that you appreciated the thought. And if you get another necklace, get one that you really do like, instead of trying to choose the one that most closely coordinates with a necklace that you don't like so much in the first place.

Or... could it be returned and the money put towards something you like better?

My husband and I finally agreed that we both like it better when I shop for my jewelry lol. I did appreciate the thought but it was a shame when it wasn't also something I preferred, considering the cost of jewelry. Now he buys me little things like candles, candy, bubble bath, etc. and I get to pick out my own "big" gifts (as does he). Good luck with it and please let us see what you get. :)

ETA: Another thought... I could see that necklace turned around, with the front part becoming a pretty dangle down the back, and an enhancer with a pendant clipped on to the clasp, to be worn in the front.

Finally, just an FYI about some of the necklaces you're considering. I've heard some jewelers don't recommend the three prong settings because it's easier to lose the diamond if one of the prongs malfunctions.

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
5CC97618-1DDC-4200-BB7D-A3FE1B2C150F.jpeg
here are the options I’m deciding between side by side, which would you pick?

What about a round in yellow gold? I love the princess cuts but I don't think that a princess cut will mesh with your fiance's necklace unless you add a 3rd longer necklace to balance the 2 shapes. But I'm not a neck mess expert!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you like DBTY necklaces? I think that would add a lot of bling and tie in nicely to the fiancé necklace style.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results