shape
carat
color
clarity

How to set my Jedi Spinel

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock

What do you think of that one? It'll probably cost you $100 for additional setting cost and $50 to resize, so for $500-$600 it'll be under budget with great finger coverage.

Some of the other Ivy and Rose mounts are more square halo like. I think the one I linked will look better with a non-square stone, since there's enough interesting things going on with the other geometric elements the center stone will look good as long as it's symmetric E-W.

Thanks @voce that is one of the 4 I had pinned from Ivy and Rose. Do you think I should send the stone to them for setting?

Goal is still the middle finger

I love the designs I posted but I am looking at 3-4K australian and it won’t be in the budget for quite awhile. If I was going to drop that on a setting I would want a better central stone (not that I don’t love this one but don’t want the setting to be 3-4 times the cost of it.

voce

Ideal_Rock
They have a great setter who set a very included spinel for me without mishaps. However, if you trust your jeweller to be able to do it (the resize as well as setting) for less, just buy the setting, and send it to your jeweller.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
@voce thanks I think I would let them do it.

Ooh exciting

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
I have sent them an email to quote on two designs the one you mentioned @voce and this one

Only because she mentioned it could be modified for a cushion

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
The quotes have come back from Ivy and Rose and both options are possible

Would love to know what the PS peeps think of the two options if you have a preferred one and why?

19A3E34E-A238-439E-A624-01F9026DFE78.jpeg 51813973-0C74-4F9D-B577-639A1E74BD17.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
I picked the one I picked because it's got an interesting geometric design that would look good with a cushion. Also a wider finger coverage than the halo one.

Double halo, same color diamond, same style of setting for the halo stones? Boring to me.

If I were to pay them to modify a double halo style for the cushion Jedi spinel, this would be my pick. The inner halo and the other halo look different.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @voce I appreciated your thoughts and tend to agree with you. I think I was worried the design would be the focus and not the spinel if that makes sense I actually prefer the geometric one but somehow got the halo idea stuck in my head.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
I have pulled the trigger on the last one you posted @voce based on feedback from Sara at Ivy and Rose

Now to ship off my precious little Jedi

voce

Ideal_Rock
I have pulled the trigger on the last one you posted @voce based on feedback from Sara at Ivy and Rose

Yay, I'm so glad!! :appl:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yay--that was my favorite option from Ivy and Rose! I actually almost used that same setting for my jedi! hooray!

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies @voce and @lovedogs it doesn't seem right until I have the PS seal of approval.

It will be a long wait even with expedited shipping 4-6 weeks for it to get there is the estimate.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies @voce and @lovedogs it doesn't seem right until I have the PS seal of approval.

It will be a long wait even with expedited shipping 4-6 weeks for it to get there is the estimate.

1) PS seal of approval is overrated?

2) I hope it'll be faster than that. I don't know what conditions are in Chicago. I had done 4-5 ring setting projects with Ivy & Rose last year, and the process took 4-5 weeks. This year, after lots of businesses were ordered closed what with COVID-19, I decided to support my jewelers (I had to keep working as an essential worker at an essential business) and sent off a couple stones to be set by Ivy & Rose late March. Surprised to get them back completed in 2-3 weeks. I think this all depends on how busy they are, and it's possible you'll get your ring done in sooner than 4-6 weeks' time.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks @voce as I am in Australia the shipping times will blow out but it gives me something to look forward to :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results