shape
carat
color
clarity

How to see arrows in the diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 12:04:47 PM
Author: John Pollard

Not so fancy. It was just a PowerShot SD850, so we''re not far off. Nice artistic photo by the way!

For company-quality photos a good SLR can be a dream. Our Minnesota dealer just produced a print catalogue using a Nikon D3 that had my jaw on the floor. I''d love to get a D300.
Really??!! And you use the digital zoom? Hmmm, I''m gonna have to do a little experiment....

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/22/2009 12:12:19 PM
Author: cellentani

Date: 2/22/2009 12:04:47 PM

Not so fancy. It was just a PowerShot SD850, so we're not far off. Nice artistic photo by the way!

For company-quality photos a good SLR can be a dream. Our Minnesota dealer just produced a print catalogue using a Nikon D3 that had my jaw on the floor. I'd love to get a D300.
Really??!! And you use the digital zoom? Hmmm, I'm gonna have to do a little experiment....
Yes'm. The setting on my SD850 is called Digital Macro, it's expressly for close-ups. I don't know if the 1000 has it? I gave all the settings on page 1 for MGR - she's part of out powershot club too.

I'm with you on that digital zoom (for far away shots). The 4x optical is fine, but when it switches to digital >4x it's very grainy unless you're in bright daylight taking a still with the camera steady.

A lot of you consumers have the aesthetic/artistic stuff down pat. Once you know how the arrows are easy. I prefer your flower shots, heirloom photos, ring sitting on ice, fire-captures, diamonds-in-a-bathtub w/ rose petals...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 12:24:31 PM

A lot of you consumers have the aesthetic/artistic stuff down pat. Once you know how the arrows are easy. I prefer your flower shots, heirloom photos, ring sitting on ice, fire-captures, diamonds-in-a-bathtub w/ rose petals...
I wish I could find the one where I stuck my ring in a stick of butter.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/22/2009 12:36:16 PM
Author: Ellen

I wish I could find the one where I stuck my ring in a stick of butter.
I think I can find that one....hold on....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe!

butterbling.jpg

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL Thanks Lore!

That just looks so, wrong.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/22/2009 12:55:13 PM
Author: Ellen
LOL Thanks Lore!

That just looks so, wrong.
9.gif
Hehe! I bet you had to do some heavy duty cleaning afterwards!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

Yes''m. The setting on my SD850 is called Digital Macro, it''s expressly for close-ups. I don''t know if the 1000 has it? I gave all the settings on page 1 for MGR - she''s part of out powershot club too.

I''m with you on that digital zoom (for far away shots). The 4x optical is fine, but when it switches to digital >4x it''s very grainy unless you''re in bright daylight taking a still with the camera steady.

Well then, this one''s for you, John.

Plant shot for John.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/22/2009 1:22:03 PM

Yes''m. The setting on my SD850 is called Digital Macro, it''s expressly for close-ups. I don''t know if the 1000 has it? I gave all the settings on page 1 for MGR - she''s part of out powershot club too.

I''m with you on that digital zoom (for far away shots). The 4x optical is fine, but when it switches to digital >4x it''s very grainy unless you''re in bright daylight taking a still with the camera steady.

* swoon*

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 1:23:36 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/22/2009 1:22:03 PM

* swoon*
Indeed. *sigh*

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

Whoa - found the digital macro. I think I got confused by your "zooming in", because I can''t do that in regular macro mode, but can in dig. macro. I have to say, the digital macro is a little too good for my stone - I''ve got a decent cut and G color, but nobody needs to see the messy SI2 part.
14.gif

Oh heck, maybe I''ll post one anyway...

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here''s a shot using the regular macro function (the one with the flower icon). The end of my lens is about 1.75-inches away from the diamond table.

Regular Macro.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And here is a digital macro shot - exact same distance away. I know it doesn''t seem possible, but it really is eyeclean - even the guys at Quest said so.

Digital Macro.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
DH was underwhelmed - I guess using the digital macro is the same as zooming in on a regular macro photo in a photo-editing program. If I were to crop the reg. macro photo, it would look just like the digital macro photo. Dang, I''m stupid.
14.gif
Lorelei, can I share your butter?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/22/2009 2:33:00 PM
DH was underwhelmed - I guess using the digital macro is the same as zooming in on a regular macro photo in a photo-editing program. If I were to crop the reg. macro photo, it would look just like the digital macro photo. Dang, I''m stupid.
14.gif
Lorelei, can I share your butter?
Of course you can!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results