carat
color
clarity

How to have better political conversations

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Tekate|1485528743|4120602 said:
ruby59|1485478941|4120390 said:
So what do you think about that "amazing" woman who had a mock assassination of Trump in her classroom?

Are you going to try and bury this post as soon as possible under your P shirts.

Ruby, for 8 years I - as a liberal(ishy) - I have seen pictures of target practice on Obama, hanging pictures of Obama. Where you so up in arms at that? it's tit for tat. A teacher should not have done that in her classroom, it's not known who was in there with her. She is gonna get he can man as we used to say at IBM.

Did you feel the same amount of anger when Trump said the grab by the pword etc? because that is violence.

Just to say also, I get ignored too, :) sometimes not.. it's part of life. I think some posters just go on the 'funny' rather than want to continue talking past you. You are conservative, you see life much more structured than some women (including me fer sure).. You WANT to get along and that is to your huge credit.. I appreciate that. BUT! I don't know how people with such divergent views can get along.. Truthfully for 8 years the republican conservatives blocked everything Obama tried to do, if you don't believe me, read up on it.. as a democrat I watched my president, whom I thought had a decent shot at unifying the country, I watched the conservatives literally kill everything he wanted to accomplish.. WHY? well because they are conservatives and none of what Obama wanted for America is what they wanted. So now we have a minority of Americans telling people what to do.. We have a president who lies. seriously, even Fox said it... these are strange times indeed. Because Trump won, you want the other side to get along with conservatives.. like I said I understand that, I just don't think it can happen.. I'm sorry to say that to you, because I used to think if republicans would just meet in the middle, things would improve, but they never would.. So there is frustration on a technical win by Trump, by the gerrymandering of red states by republicans to win indefinitely.

DancingFire always makes a good case that democrats not only lost the national election they own the states. As long as we had Obama, we felt safe. Don't feel safe anymore.. I feel like I should buy a gun (almost) because I now have a president who is trying to de-legitimize the mainstream press, deny help to poor women (the old planned parenthood problem).. Democratic liberals etc feel THEIR rights are being trampled on and eroded..

Red said months ago that she didn't want the liberals on the coasts telling her what to do.. I thought a lot about that I and I felt bad about that.. So now I am in her shoes and I don't like it at all.. not one bit. I hope things improve in 4 years.. :)

I will say this and then shut up: when NAFTA took effect, I didn't like it, nope, and it did what I thought it would do.. take jobs, but it also allowed people to have cheaper goods.. tariffs are bad.. but that is life. While NAFTA is good for Americans, what American democrats/republicans didn't do was assist those who lost their jobs, republicans whined about welfare, well those who lost their jobs are some of those on welfare. They aren't coal miners, they are people in cities/towns who lost their jobs and nothing new came to town..

Kudos to you girlie for trying. Try just ignoring the p word and the vword.. These ladies and men all have feelings and beliefs. The reason why the n word is so used by blacks is to own that word, to de-stigmatize it for themselves Ruby.. Same thing for the ladypart slang words.. just to own it and to not make it a weapon by men :)

peace, love and good vibes to you and yours.

I did not post on this site 8 years in any meaningful way. Scary back then too.

But I have never disrespected Mr. Obama in any way. And while I did not care for him as a President, I have posted on here more than once that I clearly liked him as a man, husband and father of a beautiful family.

Read my earlier posts about Trump. I referred to him as a disgusting pig several times.

And do you seriously think I was upset for being ignored. Actually I thought it was funny as to how when I posted, it was immediately buried by some nonsense.

Not being dogged by the usual 5 was refreshing. And my posts were still there for everyone else to see.

Have you ever heard of the K word as it applies to Jews. No self respecting Jewish person would use it in public.

"Because Trump won, you want the other side to get along with conservatives" quote from Tekate..

For right now, I was just hoping that we could get along on this message board.

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Ruby said, "For right now, I was just hoping that we could get along on this message board."
And some here don't think conservatives have a sense of humor.
Ruby, sometimes we agree, sometimes not, but do your thing as long as you want.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My shirt came today! I'm wearing it to the office tomorrow. :bigsmile:

lachattenoir.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1485916961|4122677 said:

HECK YESSSSSSSS! :naughty: :naughty:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Hope you do not suffer the same fate as the ex attorney general.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YOU ROCK!!! Next time we get together it will be T-shirts for sure, pants optional! :cheeky:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1485917098|4122680 said:

Thanks for your concern! We are a certified WBE (that stands for Women Business Enterprise) and my immediate boss (the owner's husband) is a flaming liberal self-described feminist. I'm in a creative field and we wear whatever the heck we like. It's fun! (Fun--you should try it sometime!) Not everyone is an office drone chained to a cubicle their entire life. Cheers!

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1485917647|4122684 said:

Thanks for your concern! We are a certified WBE (that stands for Women Business Enterprise) and my immediate boss (the owner's husband) is a flaming liberal self-described feminist. I'm in a creative field and we wear whatever the heck we like. It's fun! (Fun--you should try it sometime!) Not everyone is an office drone chained to a cubicle their entire life. Cheers!

I was a private secretary for a number of years.

Now I am the receptionist in a law office.

So I do not think that it would go over very well.

But I am jealous of how you "look" in that T shirt, if you know what I mean.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh god. That explains so much. Anyway.

Monnie you look fantastic! :appl: :love: :kiss:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1485917940|4122686 said:
monarch64|1485917647|4122684 said:

I was a private secretary for a number of years.

Now I am the receptionist in a law office.

So I do not think that it would go over very well.

But I am jealous of how you "look" in that T shirt, if you know what I mean.

I wore suits and pantyhose and adhered to strict dress codes for much of my career. I work from home/in the field a couple days a week now and from our company's office the other days. I have a lot of autonomy these days and am enjoying some new freedoms. I will have a button-down shirt over my tee-shirt in case I need to cover up, btw. Thank you for the compliment. I doubt they will be "up there" much longer. ;)) I could never burn bras, that's for sure.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

:appl:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1485917506|4122683 said:

YOU ROCK!!! Next time we get together it will be T-shirts for sure, pants optional! :cheeky:

I was thinking of knitting a vag skirt. :lol:

Thanks to you other flaming tarts and brazen hussies for the props. :wavey:

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Elliot86|1485918853|4122689 said:
Oh god. That explains so much. Anyway.

Monnie you look fantastic! :appl: :love: :kiss:

That explains so much? Do you mean my career choice, my dress code. Please explain?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mon...is your bust real?.. :naughty:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1485929365|4122761 said:
Mon...is your bust real?.. :naughty:

:lol:

Never change, DF.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want a bedazzled shirt! This is a bling forum of course!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1485973187|4122910 said:
I want a bedazzled shirt! This is a bling forum of course!

Ahem, I think you mean "vajazzled."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results