shape
carat
color
clarity

How to get ring?

ChuckStein

Rough_Rock
So, bought a very nice ring from Zales in 2003, their sku # 15418742. Ring stolen in 2008 !
So now I seek to replace it with something as close to original as possible.

Platinum ring.

Need help finding the right place to get the replacement since the sku is no longer available. Buy online like BlueNile, or some other place?

Here's info from my paperwork of original:
Zales sku 15418742
Diamonds graded by International Gemmological Institute, Inc., 579 5th Ave NY NY
0.39ct center, 0.35ct sides
all approx 4.63 x 4.59 x 2.77 mm
shape/cut octa modified brilliant (Octillion 8 sided 82 facets)
depth 60.1%
table 59%
clarity grade SI(1)/SI(2)
color (G-H)

17yrs later knowing a bit more about diamonds the original was not the highest of quality, but it did sparkle nice. $3799 was the price in 2003.
I would like to maybe get into H-VS1/VS2.
Side note, wife finger is 4-4.25 small! So a 1ct 3stone is as large as it can be, any more than that it rubs her other fingers. She also does not like tall rings, etc.
For a bit of visual, the original looked very close to this one
ring.png

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I really like this 3 stone setting from Blue Nile, but it's not the exact same as the photo:

I would also search for Ideal cuts and PS recommended proportions to maximize sparkle!

Here's one from Whiteflash that looks very similar, I'd recommend getting the ACA quality diamonds:

Best of luck!

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS! A few questions I wanted to ask about the replacement. Is it a surprise? And if so, did she say she wanted exactly what she had in 2003 - a 3 stone ring? Sometimes taste and preference changes since 17 years have passed. And what’s your budget? James Allen has settings on sale now, 25% off.. so you may want to check there for settings and stones. Did you want a one stop place to set you stones or do you want a custom setting?
-C4C

Crazie4Cuts

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS! A few questions I wanted to ask about the replacement. Is it a surprise? And if so, did she say she wanted exactly what she had in 2003 - a 3 stone ring? Sometimes taste and preference changes since 17 years have passed. And what’s your budget? James Allen has settings on sale now, 25% off.. so you may want to check there for settings and stones. Did you want a one stop place to set your stones or do you want a custom setting? And do you want natural mined diamonds or ok with lab diamonds?
-C4C

ChuckStein

Rough_Rock
Yes, she wanted the exact same ring but it's no longer made. A custom build I guess can be done but was looking for something a bit more ready to go, etc. She might like 18k white gold this time around. Yes, a surprise to her.

Build your own at BN is a bit tough, all the stones are near 0.5ct or bigger.

The 3stone rings appear to hold the center one way higher. Look at the build-your-5stone, see how all the settings are same height, I would like that in 3stone.

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edit...its actually better if you put it together yourself that way you know you are getting well-cut stones (with our help).

Above setting with 3 stones (Round Brilliants)

Here's an example of what you could get
Setting

Center

2 sides ...ask BN if these sides are close enough in size

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want Super Ideas (they own their stones so they are in stock) here is a list of .3 G/H stones that you could put in
a 3 stone.

Possible Settings...you would need to tell them to set them as low as possible. Ask which setting is the lowest.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loads of great suggestions for you! How about asking one of the well known (on here, I mean) setting makers, like David Klass to replicate the whole thing? They would be able to source suitable diamonds, I’m sure.

ChuckStein

Rough_Rock
Who is David Klass? He has a specific user name here?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who is David Klass? He has a specific user name here?

He does plenty of custom work, there are lots of threads and reviews on this site if you do a search.

You can contact him via his Etsy shop,

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results