shape
carat
color
clarity

How to decide?

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Well, I'm in a pickle! I have always wanted a nice upgrade but never had the means to. Now a plum diamond at my local B&M has a 2.5, AGS 000 Ideal cut, G color diamond in my price range. Why affordable? B/c it's an I2.

Now I would like you guys to give me an honest answer: it right under the table, so despite all the other great stats, is this worth a buy?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
it depends on how much it bothers you. this is an upgrade for you, so you should get what you want!

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
What is your budget? I don't know for me it would not be worth an I2, but that is just me.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
personally that will bug me to go anything lower than SI1

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
My budget is $12K and this is just under at $11. And yes, it does really bug me that it's not even vaguely eye clean. But all the other specs are sooo perfect. It's a tough one for me.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

Lula

Ideal_Rock
lilythespitfire|1309920453|2962448 said:
My budget is $12K and this is just under at $11. And yes, it does really bug me that it's not even vaguely eye clean. But all the other specs are sooo perfect. It's a tough one for me.

Well, mind-clean is important. But a lot depends on what type of inclusions -- are they white crystals? Dark crystals? Feathers? Do they pose a durability risk? How likely is it that a friend or family member would notice them if they looked at the stone and didn't know where the inclusions were? Would they spot them without having the AGS inclusion plot in front of them?

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
@sig: 1.3, AGS Ideal 000, J SI2 (twinning wisps)

@Lula: I wanted to go higher in color but this is an excellent find! Thank you!

Also, the size does seem a smidgen larger than might work for me. I have size 4.5 fingers, so not sure it will even look right on me. Might be overkill, clarity issue aside.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I'm assuming that's the 1.3 in your avatar? gorgeous and HUGE! Your right you do have slender fingers, I can't imagine what a 2.5 would look like on you! :love:

I really like slgs GOG find, and I have no idea if I'm correct or not, the others here will know more, but I thought the the 'good' polish would NOT be noticable to the naked eye and that only a professional could really discern between a good and very good polish? Again, I'm not sure and hope that someone else will chime in.....

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
I think your stone is already gorgeous. If you do wish for an upgrade, the GOG one looks really great.

I have never seen one in person, but from pictures on the forums I would not be comfortable with an I2. SI2s are sometimes really great steals if they are virtually eye clean at anything greater than 4 inches away.

Personally if my fingers were that slim, i would sacrifice a tiny bit of size and get the clarity. But then again, I haven't seen the I2 image. Do you love it? That is really all that matters :)

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
*blush* Thanks! I am experiencing shrinkage despite my small fingers!

Christina...|1309929007|2962533 said:
Wow, I'm assuming that's the 1.3 in your avatar? gorgeous and HUGE! Your right you do have slender fingers, I can't imagine what a 2.5 would look like on you! :love:

I really like slgs GOG find, and I have no idea if I'm correct or not, the others here will know more, but I thought the the 'good' polish would NOT be noticable to the naked eye and that only a professional could really discern between a good and very good polish? Again, I'm not sure and hope that someone else will chime in.....

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
I'm starting to feel the same way Tristan. I don't totally love it b/c of the crystal but the price is so tempting!!! :cheeky:

TristanC|1309933111|2962558 said:
I think your stone is already gorgeous. If you do wish for an upgrade, the GOG one looks really great.

I have never seen one in person, but from pictures on the forums I would not be comfortable with an I2. SI2s are sometimes really great steals if they are virtually eye clean at anything greater than 4 inches away.

Personally if my fingers were that slim, i would sacrifice a tiny bit of size and get the clarity. But then again, I haven't seen the I2 image. Do you love it? That is really all that matters :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have seen the stone. Is it clean enough for you?

I would not want a stone that was not eye clean, though.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am no expert, but I honestly can't imagine that the inclusions in an I2 of this size aren't significantly impacting brilliance unless it is a giant chip on the girdle or something. That would be a deal-killer for me - there's just no point, well-proportioned or not: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8248/

I like the GOG slg found too.

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, it looks a bit like that but smaller and more centered under the table when i saw it. I just feel like I can't get past it! And that diamond is also gorgeous despite the inclusion too.

Yssie|1309991687|2963141 said:
I am no expert, but I honestly can't imagine that the inclusions in an I2 of this size aren't significantly impacting brilliance unless it is a giant chip on the girdle or something. That would be a deal-killer for me - there's just no point, well-proportioned or not: http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/8248/

I like the GOG slg found too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results