shape
carat
color
clarity

How To Buy From Palagems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I know that Palagems only supply to jeweler. Who should I contact to request them to get quotes from Palagems? Thank you.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Have you tried their search page? Best if you enter a state rather than zip code.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink? Whiteflash, maybe, too.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 4:57:02 AM
Author: Bertrand
Have you tried their search page? Best if you enter a state rather than zip code.
Hi, I''m not located in the US, so I thought ideally I could find an internet vendor who can get a quote and bring the gemstone in...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am 100% sure that Gary Dutton at www.diamondexpert.com is able to give you prices and call the stones in as he has done so for me many times in the past. Wink at www.winkjones.com may also be able to do so.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The following thread - which is just down the page (My tour of Pala...) represents the absolutely best way to buy from Palagems.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-tour-of-pala-internationals-mineral-collections-and-gemstone-vaults.65788/

Other than that - you can work with many jewelers who can call the stones in - and send them to you. Being that you are not in the States.... Their may be special charges and risk in that (expect to pay the full value of the stones prior to them shipping to you - which would be refunded when the stones are returned to whomever you are working with).

Perry

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/15/2007 7:54:01 AM
Author: Chrono
I am 100% sure that Gary Dutton at www.diamondexpert.com is able to give you prices and call the stones in as he has done so for me many times in the past. Wink at www.winkjones.com may also be able to do so.
I would do it this way. I live in the US and only found one jeweler nearby listed with them. Someone I''ve never heard of. Due to PS I''d feel more comfortable working with Gary Dutton or Wink rather than driving across town.

The Palagems site really has me drooling...

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 8:26:21 AM
Author: perry
The following thread - which is just down the page (My tour of Pala...) represents the absolutely best way to buy from Palagems.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-tour-of-pala-internationals-mineral-collections-and-gemstone-vaults.65788/

Other than that - you can work with many jewelers who can call the stones in - and send them to you. Being that you are not in the States.... Their may be special charges and risk in that (expect to pay the full value of the stones prior to them shipping to you - which would be refunded when the stones are returned to whomever you are working with).

Perry
Oh Perry!!! That''s an ideal way to shop at Palagems, like I said, you have been to gem heaven and back and that little green gemstone of yours looks great!

Thanks everyone for the suggestion, I will give either Dutton or Wink a try. But who will be better in terms of prices i.e out of the two, who will you call first?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought the prices are set by Pala? Maybe I'm wrong? It's just that Pala does not want to advertise their prices to the general public. I think Wink/Gary gets a set % from the total, or something like that.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 1:01:08 PM
I thought the prices are set by Pala? Maybe I''m wrong? It''s just that Pala does not want to advertise their prices to the general public. I think Wink/Gary gets a set % from the total, or something like that.
Oh I see, I had thought the vendors will simply mark up from the wholesale prices set by Pala..

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no idea. I was just guessing.
33.gif
I''m sorry if it sounded like I knew what I was talking about.
39.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2007 1:05:36 PM
I have no idea. I was just guessing.
33.gif
I''m sorry if it sounded like I knew what I was talking about.
39.gif
Oh no Chrono! You definitely know a lot and have shared a lot of info with us ! You give some of the best and most truthful opinions as a consumer! I am always happy to see you posting!

36.gif
36.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pala International (AKA: Palagems) is a somewhat unique vendor in the jewelry business.

They operate a wholesale business to other jewelry fabricators and stores. They also operate a retail jewelry and mineral specimen store with items fabricated from their gemstones... and will sell their direct customers unmounted stones at a retail price. The retail side was started as Pala was in the tourmaline mining business and needed to find alternate ways to sell their own stones and mineral samples.

In general, most jewelers will not deal with a supplier that also competes on the retail side. Pala is one of the exceptions to this rule and it is based on their somewhat unique background.

Various jewelers buy their stones from Pala at a wholesale price. Those jewelers are then free to mark up those stones as much as they like.

What kind of deal you can get..., if any..., from any jeweler on a stone from Pala (or any other supplier) probably has a lot to do with your relationship you have with that jeweler.

You can call and ask... but you will likely never know what the jeweler pays for the Pala stone (unless you have a really good and solid relationship with someone).

In my case I dealt with Wink Jones. I note that I have visited him twice in the last several years and we have communicated on various subjects outside of pricescope. Did Wink perhaps shave a few dollars in my case over what he would do for a total stranger; probably. Did he sell the stone at minimal markup; I am sure that the answer is... absolutely not. Wink does have to make a profit and cover his overhead. I understand that, and Wink knows I understand that.

Perry

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the info Perry!

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Simply splendid. If you know what you want you could try calling them. You may or may not be able to negotiate a better price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results