shape
carat
color
clarity

How should stones fit a setting prior to being set?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
When I was at InterGem trying to find a setting, the biggest learning curve for me was figuring out if the stone would fit the setting. I don''t think I really "learned" as there were some shady vendors that were trying to convince me my stone would fit in settings that I felt were just too small. If I had bought online I would buy according to measurements. But I thought there might some other newbies that would run into this type of hands-on problem. I chose to go hands on so I could get a feel for what type of setting my stone looked best in. I thought that maybe some of the PS veterans could possibly help advise? I was hoping maybe someone would have a setting and some stones laying around and could take some side profile shots of what is a perfect fit, what is too small, too big (that pretty easy) and what is a tight fit but could be done with a good jeweler. Would someone be so kind as to volunteer? There may even be some pics posted already about this, but I couldn''t find a thread on this topic. If so point me to it and we can delete this one. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results