shape
carat
color
clarity

how rare is a FIC ? anybody owns one ?....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
any pictures & specs ?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
There was a gal a while back who got one from Blue Nile but it was happenstance...she wasn''t looking for it. I don''t recall her name but it was a 3c stone that scored a FIC on the HCA.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very hard to find because labs give them lousy cyt grades - so cutters avoid warnings like "Crown angle more than 36 degrees"
But the labs have woken up - and when their new systems for grading come into place the same labs that stop them being cut will (haleluja) reward cutters for making them.

I see about 1 in 2000
7.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
How interesting that a category would be established in the way you have, Gary, given the frequency with which you find FICs appearing.

Apparently, I stumbled onto web vendor" search offered here, asking them to order up the diamond that had been labeled as "ideal cut," probably based on table and depth characteristics. Before making a purchase decision, for a diamond under priced for similar "ideal cut" diamonds, I did verify the HCA score, and in the process, only as a bi-product, and coincidentally, noted it was also an FIC.

What Gary notes makes sense to me...if you do the search by cut quality here, you can sort for diamonds by crown or pavillion angle, and you''ll see few showing up there with the required characteristics for FIC. The table would of course accommodate such diamonds apprearing, based on the good HCA score, but because by definition the stones would also not be rated well by current standards for AGS0, the diamonds may be rejected for in-house capture by the jewelers here...and/or as Gary points out, may simply be systematically unavailble inasmuch as they are not cut this way, for the same reason.

Sorry, maybe pictures some day. We''re happy with our choice. I try not to make my wife self-conscious, so maybe some night, on the excuse of trying to clean it, I''ll try to take pictures, and see it under the idealscope, only recently acquired.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You should see something like this Ira
1.gif

Note the very small table reflection - the pink dot in the center of the star.
Also an indication of steeper crown angle is the 8 small leakage areas in the crown region just outside of the ''watermelon seeds or pips''.

The stone that was on the front page of the old ideal-scope site was an FIC

IraFIC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results