shape
carat
color
clarity

How often should I cut my long hair?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I have longer layered hair. It is probably 3-4 inches past my shoulders. The shortest layer is in front and is almost to the bottom of my neck. I am getting a lot more grey hair & it drives me nuts so I need to change my cut/color schedule. I''m thinking of something like this:

Root touch up every 4 weeks
Hair cut & highlight every 12 weeks (every 3rd root touch up appointment)

Is 12 weeks too long to go for a haircut with long hair?

Does my schedule make sense?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
there''s lots of information in this pricescope thread re long hair: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/growing-out-hair-advice.35545/=

there are forums for long hair just as there are for diamonds/jewelry. the one i found most helpful is: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/
do a search in there to see if you can get your questions answered and if not place a post in the appropriate thread and i''m sure they''ll be happy to give you some advice.

long hair requires different care than shorter hair; however, when my hair was your length, i was comfortable with a regular stylist. when it inched below my shoulder blades, i became aware that stylists were not treating my hair right, and now that it is below my waist i won''t let one touch my hair.

your routine re cutting sounds ok to me. you''re not growing your hair out, you''re happy with your layered style, and it seems like you are maintaining. i did that for years. it works well and keeps the ends healthy. re coloring: can''t help you there.

peace, movie zombie

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I think mine is about the same length as yours at the moment. I usually get it cut twice maybe 3 times a year!
emembarrassed.gif

Thanks for posting that link movie zombie... im going to check that out.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Your hair sounds like mine - long and layered. I get mine cut every 8 - 10 weeks b/c if I go longer than that it starts to look really straggly.
emcrook.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I also have long layers and get my hair colored/highlighted. I found I cango about 8 - 10 weeks at a time as well. Anything longer than that, my layers don''t work for me anymore and my color needs to be refreshed!
40.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I go 3-4 months between cuts.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
when i finally got my hair one length, i was able to have a trim done only once every 6 months. i also did that for years. as long as you''re happy with the condition of your hair and how it looks, why bother to go more often?

peace, movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results