• Only during workdays, on weekends or at play it stays home

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Only on weekends, during workdays it waits for me patiently at home

Votes: 8 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I've noticed that here where I live, most people don't continue to wear their E-ring for long after they get married. Some just stick to their wedding bands. Some go without altogether. I was wondering what the trend was like with the PS forumers.

blingbling14

Rough_Rock
I wear mine all the time. To shower, to the gym, at work, to bed... I'm not married yet, but when I do get married, I think I might just wear the wedding band most of the time. And add the engagement ring when I want to look more dressed up.

mjertl

Shiny_Rock
I'm not engaged yet (though I think it's coming in the not TOO distant future!), but I'm an anesthesiologist and use my hands ALL the time. I am so in love with my partner, and a big fan of beautiful (but simple and classic) jewelry, so I have a feeling when I have a beautiful token of our relationship I'll want to wear it ALL the time. However I think because of my job I might need to leave the ring in a safe place at home every now and again... That will not be easy to do, I have a feeling!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For the first few years, I was almost pathologically obsessed with my ring. I wore it EVERYWHERE. Sleep, beach, whatever.

As I acquired eternity bands for my anniversaries, I started switching things up a bit, until I noticed that I was a little too blinged out, comparatively, at a faculty meeting. Since then, I've worn an eternity band paired with my wedding band for meetings (though I still wear the e-ring most days). Now, with pregnancy, I'm finding a lot of my rings just don't fit, e-ring included - and I miss it! Bah. So my vote averages out to Option B. :(sad

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everywhere except the gym, the shower and to bed.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everywhere except cleaning, shower and bed.

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
I am not engaged yet but he has the ring. When I am engaged I plan to wear it always. In my circle of friends and in my community everyone wears their e-ring always. I know for a fact my mum cannot take hers off and even if she could she wouldn't. It has been on her finger for 30 years. I love that sentiment but I understand sometimes for practicality reasons you cannot always wear it.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
So far the votes are going the way I expected. PS forumers deserve better rings simply because they wear them more than the common public. Please bring the results of this poll to your SOs when you ask for an upgrade! :D

@Mif: There is a thread here about ultrasonic cleaners, and one on diamond hangout about dirty rings, I hope your mom has a baby toothbrush, windex and warm water handy! :) It is a very beautiful sentiment though, and I'm sure it makes your dad very glad

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my set when going out in public. If I'm at home, it's off and sitting in the jewelry box.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty much everywhere outside the house... gets tucked away when I get home - at home I usually wear just a plain little platinum band that I don't particularly care about losing or destroying.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I wear it all the time except when involved in stuff that might get it dirty (housework, cooking, etc.) and in bed (the high setting might scratch the hell out of my face). I'm not married yet but I fully intend to wear it when I'm married as well. When I have a baby, I'll probably just wear the band as I'll be too scared of it scratching my baby.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1309404818|2958705 said:
I wear my set when going out in public. If I'm at home, it's off and sitting in the jewelry box.
Same here. No gardening, toilet bowl cleaning, cooking, dish washing, and definitely NO GYM!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I wear my all the time except for cleaning, showering and sleeping.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tristan,

You're right that in Singapore, a lot of people don't wear their ering. Some wear it on their RH and some just wear a plain w-band (which is sometimes worn on the RH). I still don't know why that is! :confused:

Well, for me, my original ering is no longer worn. In its place, I alternate between my upgraded 3ct solitaire, my halo pear (which was originally intended to be a RHR) and now my 3-stone ring (supposed to be and will be adjusted into a RHR). I do not wear my ering or any jewellery for that matter when I go to bed, to the gym, when I'm doing housework or generally when am at home. Sometimes when I'm at work I just wear my eternity band which is in fact also a RHR.

Long answer I know. I voted for option no 1 though.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I wore mine everyday and took it off to shower/cook/garden and to bed. I'm in the process of having a new ring made (my original was lost/stolen) and I hope that I can wear it everyday. It's been designed with that in mind.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm an operating theatre nurse, so I don't wear my e-ring to work. On days when I do anaesthetics I wear my gold scatter band, and on days when I'm scrubbing I don't wear a ring, because I'd have to take it off anyway and am terrified of losing it! :errrr: So just weekends for me.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear my engagement ring M-F while at work, but I take it off when I get home. I don't usually wear it on weekends if I'm just hanging out at home either.

melave

Shiny_Rock
Where i work you aren't allowed to wear rings. Heck, you can only wear stud earrings and they are supposed to be 4mm or smaller.

Since i have only had mine for a week, i wear it every opportunity i can. i take it off for cleaning and showering only

nyring

Rough_Rock
all the time except to sleep, shower, and when at home..... I always struggle on bringing it with me on beach vacations. I usually bring it and leave it in hotel safe while at beach/pool.

Mrsacornblue

Shiny_Rock
I try to wear mine whenever I'm not at work. I'm an ICN nurse and work with tiny babies. For infection reasons and safety, no rings with stones...only a plain band. Plus my diamond sits high and I was always nervous about ripping out the stone with pulling on and off gloves. I have a plain titanium band I wear to work and my diamonds are reserved for non-work occasions.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I put "every day" but the fact is I haven't worn it in a year and a half and not much the year prior due to travel.

ETA - but when I lived in the states I wore it all the time unless I was making bread or using my hands for burgers or something. I wore it for chores, for dishes, showering, sleeping... I wore it all the time. Only took it off to clean it which was a few times a day lol and if I was getting my hands in something goopy gross, not just dirty.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I wore mine all the time, bed, shower, gym, and only took it off to clean it. But since my recent upgrade and a scolding from Yssie 8) , I have stopped wearing it at home and now wear it only outside of the house.

DiamondsOnly

Shiny_Rock
I wear mine everyday and couldn’t imagine myself not wearing them.  I would honestly feel naked without them...it’s a piece I wear everyday along with my diamond studs. 

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I wear mine to work, shopping, and if I go out on the weekend. I don't wear it to bed, in the shower, to the gym, or pretty much anytime I'm at home.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Christina...|1309530632|2959860 said:
I wore mine all the time, bed, shower, gym, and only took it off to clean it. But since my recent upgrade and a scolding from Yssie 8) , I have stopped wearing it at home and now wear it only outside of the house.
see, in the house is my favorite time to wear it as I can oogle it without hiding it lol

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only wear mine when I am going out and sometimes not even then, I tend to wear a plain 2mm band while at home and my 5 stone most of the time when I go out, every so often I throw the E-ring on but since the 5 stone is really beating up the prongs on my e-ring I dont wear them together very much. (I dont have enough room on my short fat hand for a spacer ring)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only wear mine when I'm going out and even then I dont wear it if I'm just running to the grocery store or going to help
at my daughters school. In those cases I only wear my 5 stone wedding ring.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix|1309435031|2958914 said:
Tristan,

You're right that in Singapore, a lot of people don't wear their ering. Some wear it on their RH and some just wear a plain w-band (which is sometimes worn on the RH). I still don't know why that is! :confused:

Well, for me, my original ering is no longer worn. In its place, I alternate between my upgraded 3ct solitaire, my halo pear (which was originally intended to be a RHR) and now my 3-stone ring (supposed to be and will be adjusted into a RHR). I do not wear my ering or any jewellery for that matter when I go to bed, to the gym, when I'm doing housework or generally when am at home. Sometimes when I'm at work I just wear my eternity band which is in fact also a RHR.

Long answer I know. I voted for option no 1 though.

Wearing a wedding band on the right hand is actually the norm in many countries (Greece, Germany, etc.).

steelmagnolia

Rough_Rock
My current set is soldered, so I either wear them together or not at all. I wear them at all times except for showering.

Can I ask why so many of you take your rings off to sleep? I will be upgrading to a larger diamond in a different, as yet undesigned, e-ring setting this year sometime, along with a new wedding band. If there's specific reason to not wear it to bed, I'd be willing to do that, I just don't know the reasoning?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
steelmagnolia|1309593246|2960466 said:
My current set is soldered, so I either wear them together or not at all. I wear them at all times except for showering.

Can I ask why so many of you take your rings off to sleep? I will be upgrading to a larger diamond in a different, as yet undesigned, e-ring setting this year sometime, along with a new wedding band. If there's specific reason to not wear it to bed, I'd be willing to do that, I just don't know the reasoning?

Bashing it against the headboard, scratching yourself and/or SO if you flail, catching prongs in loose threads in your sheets/clothes/pillowcases/rugs and yanking stones loose, fabric rubbing against and wearing away the delicate prongs or bezel for hours on end every day, turning on it in your sleep and applying all sorts of pressures to force it out of shape (even small deviations from original configuration are especially bad if you have a pave'd piece with those oh-so-delicate prongs, and platinum is softer and more easily deformed than alloyed gold)...

Christina - Hah. just a plea on its behalf ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results