shape
carat
color
clarity

How often can a princess have great....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nelmr

Rough_Rock
How often can a princess have great table, depth, l/w ratios, good polish/symm, no flor. and yet still not yeild well on light return.

I''m defining great as in 67-70% range for table and depth. with the table being smaller than depth or equal to it. This is the range I will be looking at today regarding 3 princesses.

Also if the light return looks great what other things should I remember to look for? is slightly thin girdle the thinnest I should accept? very thin would be dangerous right? I know one will be med-thick.

Thought? Comments? Questions?

Thanks everyone!

nelmr

Rough_Rock
Oh, almost forgot!

GIA doesn't report crown height for princess so is there any way to tell if the crown is any good by looking at the stone?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As far as I know there is no hard rule to predict the optics of a princess cut from it's cut parameters. Also, top light return is not all that common. Have you seen those princesses listed with cut parameters and light return analysis at GoodOldGold ( HERE and, for the really long list HERE) ? Those stones had already been chosen for cut and optics and the variation is still important, with only a few top BrillianceScope scores.

If light retutn is what you are afterm that IdealScope toy may be the answer to the dillema. In the collection of posted stones I have mentioned there are quite a few Iscope pics you could use for reference if you want to go this route ...

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
there is just no way to tell...that why you are right...that's why it's really imp to see it in person....or deal with a vendor who deals in nothing but the best!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Also, I might do a very thin girdle...but than again, I have my stones insured under my home owners...according to an appraisal (most appraisals)...I'd stand to gain a bundle if it chipped...lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results