shape
carat
color
clarity

How much weight did you lose for your wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
if you''re exercising and decreasing your calorie intake, then you should be fine. don''t weigh yourself, instead measure your waistline. I have not lost much weight since I started at the beginning of this year (though I have to admit I''m not far from my ideal weight), but I have definitely seen my muffin top go as well as the folds on my back, so I can see it has made a difference. I didn''t change my whole diet, but I did stop eating things like potato chips and I don''t drink soda as it has way too much sugar. I think you really have to exercise 5-6 days a week if you want to see a notable difference, and it could take more than a year to get where you want to be. I force myself out of bed every morning with "Do you want to sleep the extra hour and have the muffin top or do you want to look good?"

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2009 10:08:07 AM
Author: DiamondsforDee
I''m hoping not to lose any. I kind of have the opposite problem. I''m already really small and I''m worried that I''ll get stressed out towards the end of wedding planning and lose weight. Hopefully I will put on a few pounds when I''m done with my next marathon so I have some room to get stressed and lose without looking like a skeleton. My mom''s already nagging me about my weight and I have 8 months to go.
20.gif
Me too, when I get stressed weight just falls off me I''m afraid I''m going to be 85lbs walking down the aisle
14.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I''m hoping to lose about 7 pounds (I have a year to go!). I typically lose weight when I''m stressed (at least I did when I took both bar exams!), so hopefully that''ll work in my favor!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/3/2009 8:37:39 PM
Author: happyfeet1988
About 70 pounds. I have gone from a size 12-14 to 2-4 in jeans. It was needed not just for my wedding,I needed to make a lifestyle change. I was not happy at the weight I was at.

That''s amazing! Would you share how you accomplished it and in what time frame?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lost 46 lbs before the wedding. It wasn''t specifically for the wedding as I had started eating healthy and exercising because I wasn''t happy with my weight. I''m still losing and would like to lose another 30 lbs.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Uhh, zero pounds. Lol. I gained some weight after moving in with FI and after my job got ridiculously stressful and I haven't been able to lose it in the past 2 years. So I'm about 7-10lbs heavier than my ideal weight. I hope to at least be in the 5-7lbs over range in a few weeks (since a few pounds can come off as water weight) but it is kind of annoying that I won't be as thin as I'd like. Oh well! My dress still looks awesome
2.gif

ETA: I fully realize that my lack of weight loss is because of my beer consumption. I just can't help having a beer with dinner every night to unwind! I think I'll at least cut it out the week before my wedding (and the week before that maybe) to loose some of those water weight pounds the beer packs on. But beer for me is like my dessert. Some people can't give up having a few cookies every day, and I can't cut out my beer or glass of wine at night
1.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 5:59:07 PM
Author: cocolaw
none! i did the south beach diet for a very short time and i lost weight, but gained it back. i don''t really weight myself anymore. i can see fluctuations though and will probably just cut out alcohol, sodas, really bad foods starting in october...i can be good for 6 weeks.

i will have to make an exception for halloween: my fiance and i are trying to go to hell night in boston--some restaurant has a spicy spicy food event and we both LOVE spicy foods. i know that i will be eating and drinking lots that weekend!
I saw this on "Man vs Food"!! Lol. It looks awesome, though my tummy would not be able to handle it.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gained 15 pounds! For some reason, I just couldn''t get motivated.

Since the wedding, I''ve lost 25 though.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results