shape
carat
color
clarity

How much weight did you lose for your wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Going off some verrry cool stories like HOney22 (yay!), I''m curious: How much did you all lose for your wedding?

I have gained some weight in the last few years and have not be able to lose it. Not a lot...like 5-7 ANNOYING pounds.
I am working out now around 4-5 times per week, but i have not lost any weight. I''m worried I''ll be at big at my wedding.
I''m not huge, but i''m a bit "plump".

How else are you preparing for your wedding? I am in my 30''s and have a huge appetite. I work out, but I don''t think it
cancels out what I eat during the day.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know how much weight I''ve lost, but I''m to the point in life where I''m not going out to the clubs every couple of nights to take down some beers. so as a result of that, since getting engaged, I have lost approximately 4 jean sizes. :)

My problem is I eat fine during the day but my exercise schedule is not going too well. With 2 months out from the wedding, I find I''m stressed almost every day (then i listen to nice waterfall rain music and meditate and then i am happy again lol) but i feel like i always have something i need to be doing, and then when i do have time to exercise i feel too tired which is a terrible excuse but i tend to just crash on the bed around 9-10pm. It''s pretty sad actually lol. Wow I rambled a lot, sorry, any excuse to stay off task at work right ;-)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost about 10bs, took awhile!

For what it's worth, weight loss is much more correlated to what you eat than how much you exercise (assuming you are an average person and not a star athlete). Don't get me wrong, exercise is great for you health, and does wonders for trying to tone up and gain muscle definition etc. But if your primary goal is to lose weight, you're better off concentrating on your caloric intake.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
About 14lbs. I took August off, so I didn''t work out at all, didn''t watch what I ate as carefully. 4lbs crept back on. Meh. I''ve started the 30DS with devil woman and a seperate ab workout, back to watching my foods until the wedding. 65 more days!!
6.gif
If I lost 5-6lbs I''d be happy, because I don''t want my mom to pay for more alterations. Hehe!!

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
None.
so I''m like one of only two people I know who can actually still fit their wedding dress 25 years later.
Even people I know who are still the same that they were back then usually lost 10-15 lbs for the wedding and then couldn''t fit the dress even after the honeymoon.
Of course, you may not want to fit your dress in 25 years. It''s not like I can actually wear it to anywhere so I suppose it''s a silly thing to be happy about.

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Well I''ve actually gained about 5lbs since I ordered my dress last year and have not for the life of me been able to lose it again. The wedding is in 3 weeks and I''m probably going to have some back cleavage. I''m hoping that some nervous jitters the week of the wedding will help take it off.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 1:10:52 PM
Author: Black Jade
None.

so I''m like one of only two people I know who can actually still fit their wedding dress 25 years later.

Even people I know who are still the same that they were back then usually lost 10-15 lbs for the wedding and then couldn''t fit the dress even after the honeymoon.

Of course, you may not want to fit your dress in 25 years. It''s not like I can actually wear it to anywhere so I suppose it''s a silly thing to be happy about.

Ha. This was me too! I have been the same weight/frame all my life, so doing a starvation diet or something for my wedding would have been kind of "a sham"... Also we did a destination wedding so I didn''t want to be in Hawaii for 4 days pre-wedding and not be able to eat!

My dress was a size 8 and they could have taken it in about a centimeter or two, but the woman said it probably wasn''t even worth it, so instead I figured I''d just eat a pizza or two ;-)

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
I didn't lose any weight for the wedding, but did lose some before becoming engaged (losing the college weight). That was about 15-20 lbs depending on the day, but I find now that I have so much more control over what I eat, it's been a good long time I've stayed at the weight I am now. Had I not lost it beforehand, I would have definitely lost it once getting engaged, but plan on keeping it off for overall well-being and confidence. That weight is NOT coming back. nearly 6 months post-wedding and I'm still the same weight i've been for the past couple years. Definitely a good start.

ETA one of the perks of a lace up dress is that you can fluctuate a little without any real issues. LOVED that.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
None!
39.gif

I thought about it, but...

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
None so far, but I am going to try to have a more active lifestyle anyway (not just a diet, but the long-term healthier life sort of deal), so maybe between now and the wedding, I''ll lose some. We''ll see.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
none! i did the south beach diet for a very short time and i lost weight, but gained it back. i don''t really weight myself anymore. i can see fluctuations though and will probably just cut out alcohol, sodas, really bad foods starting in october...i can be good for 6 weeks.

i will have to make an exception for halloween: my fiance and i are trying to go to hell night in boston--some restaurant has a spicy spicy food event and we both LOVE spicy foods. i know that i will be eating and drinking lots that weekend!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...I think if anything I lost maybe 5 lbs? There was a point a few months before the wedding where I lost more and actually made it to my goal weight (and in fact my seamstress told me I shouldn''t lose any more or else my dress wouldn''t fit!), but it came back when I started working right next to a McDonald''s.

About a year before the wedding I really ramped up my workouts, though, so despite not losing much weight, I did get smaller and more toned, and my "Michelle Obama arms" show up in my wedding pics very nicely!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I inadvertently lost a couple pounds right before the wedding, but I didn''t plan or try to lose any. I did watch what I ate before the wedding (minimal salt, no dairy, low fiber), but it was for the purpose of keeping down the bloating I get.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
None at all. I spent two weeks in Greece right before the wedding, and there was no way I was going to pass on all that delish olive oil and feta cheese! No sirree!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I lost weight however it wasn''t for the wedding, it was a lifestyle change. I was eating way too much before. I''ve always worked out. To answer the question, I''m down 17lbs right now.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
I started losing weight in January, but it wasn''t because I was getting married. I was just tired of my pants splitting in the thighs
23.gif
! I lost 20 pounds between January and April and I''ve kept it off ever since.

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
SIGH!! I have been "really" on plan (weight watchers) for 2 months. I have only lost 7.6 pounds...but I measured myself and I lost 6 and a half inches over my body in one month!! I couldn''t believe it! I am hoping to lose a total of 60 pounds by my wedding day. I am terrified of being a whale on my wedding day...I am terrified of trying on dresses and being too fat to find the one I really want. I am so focused though and I have my dress as my inspiration...and now Honey22 is my inspiration!!! I hope to be a success story like her next august!

One of the reasons why i am working so hard!

9.gif

THE PERFECT DRESS Selene.JPG

happyfeet1988

Shiny_Rock
About 70 pounds. I have gone from a size 12-14 to 2-4 in jeans. It was needed not just for my wedding,I needed to make a lifestyle change. I was not happy at the weight I was at.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lost size between engagement and wedding, but it was mostly a coincidence... I wasn't losing for the wedding, I was losing it because I wanted to in life. I think I lost 8 lbs (about 2 inches in hips/waist)? Not a lot, but it made a big difference. Enough that we had a mini-crisis because my dress wasn't able to be taken in enough... stupid saleswoman who talked me into going up when I was measured in-between sizes... "you can always take it in!"
20.gif
yeah we saw how well that worked out...

ANYWAY. I gained 6 of it back on the honeymoon and still have about 3 on my wedding size. Boo.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 8:37:39 PM
Author: happyfeet1988
About 70 pounds. I have gone from a size 12-14 to 2-4 in jeans. It was needed not just for my wedding,I needed to make a lifestyle change. I was not happy at the weight I was at.
What an accomplishment! CONGRATS!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 5:59:07 PM
Author: cocolaw
none! i did the south beach diet for a very short time and i lost weight, but gained it back. i don''t really weight myself anymore. i can see fluctuations though and will probably just cut out alcohol, sodas, really bad foods starting in october...i can be good for 6 weeks.

i will have to make an exception for halloween: my fiance and i are trying to go to hell night in boston--some restaurant has a spicy spicy food event and we both LOVE spicy foods. i know that i will be eating and drinking lots that weekend!

Threadjack...I saw that on Man vs. Food! I am a wuss with spicy foods, but if you love them, you''ll surely enjoy it!

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 8:31:42 PM
Author: Bjedifish
SIGH!! I have been ''really'' on plan (weight watchers) for 2 months. I have only lost 7.6 pounds...but I measured myself and I lost 6 and a half inches over my body in one month!! I couldn''t believe it! I am hoping to lose a total of 60 pounds by my wedding day. I am terrified of being a whale on my wedding day...I am terrified of trying on dresses and being too fat to find the one I really want. I am so focused though and I have my dress as my inspiration...and now Honey22 is my inspiration!!! I hope to be a success story like her next august!

9.gif

Bjedifish I am proud to be your inspiration!!! Please don''t give up, you can do it!!!!

I watch what I eat pretty carefully, but I do allow myself a Saturday no diet day, and if we have friends over during the week etc, I will splurge a little.

But I have found the key for me is exercise!!!!

This is my current plan:

Monday - Pump and Step (two in a row, torture!!!)

Thurs - Pump

Friday - Step

Sat and Sun 1.25 hour walk with doggies

I also try to walk the doggies the other days and I am thinking of adding another cycle class in there too.

I have never felt so healthy in all my life. I still need to lose another 20kg though! (44 pounds)!

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
I''ve lost 18-20. I track my food & exercise on sparkpeople.com, so I know what I burn & what I eat, and make sure I eat enough. I think in the past I wasn''t supporting my workouts nutritionally. Now I weigh less than I did when I got my driver''s license!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I am 6 and a half months out from my date and i haven''t managed to start excersizing or making any of those healthy life changes that i should. I am hoping once the weather starts to warm up and and the sun comes out i might feel a little more motivated to do it. I don''t need to loose any weight, but i would love to tone up my thighs a bit and loose my tuck shop arms.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 10:00:37 PM
Author: honey22

SIGH!! I have been ''really'' on plan (weight watchers) for 2 months. I have only lost 7.6 pounds...but I measured myself and I lost 6 and a half inches over my body in one month!! I couldn''t believe it! I am hoping to lose a total of 60 pounds by my wedding day. I am terrified of being a whale on my wedding day...I am terrified of trying on dresses and being too fat to find the one I really want. I am so focused though and I have my dress as my inspiration...and now Honey22 is my inspiration!!! I hope to be a success story like her next august!

9.gif

Bjedifish I am proud to be your inspiration!!! Please don''t give up, you can do it!!!!

I watch what I eat pretty carefully, but I do allow myself a Saturday no diet day, and if we have friends over during the week etc, I will splurge a little.

This is my current plan:

Thurs - Pump

Friday - Step

I also try to walk the doggies the other days and I am thinking of adding another cycle class in there too.

I have never felt so healthy in all my life. I still need to lose another 20kg though! (44 pounds)!

Honey, that is an amazing amount of weight to loose, you should be so proud!
36.gif

Do you mind posting what would you would usually eat in a day?

blackbetty

Shiny_Rock
Also, I lost it because I wanted & needed to, not really for the wedding, per se (though I look better in my dress & will feel confident a bathing suit on my honeymoon!). I put on 15 pounds since I started dating my fiance (largely due to starting a desk job a year later where there were donuts behinds me all the time). I have not felt comfortable with my size in the last year and a half to 2 years in particular. Now I''m about 5 lbs. less than I was & am going to try to maintain this for good. I feel a lot healthier.

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
I''m hoping not to lose any. I kind of have the opposite problem. I''m already really small and I''m worried that I''ll get stressed out towards the end of wedding planning and lose weight. Hopefully I will put on a few pounds when I''m done with my next marathon so I have some room to get stressed and lose without looking like a skeleton. My mom''s already nagging me about my weight and I have 8 months to go.
20.gif

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/3/2009 10:00:37 PM
Author: honey22

9.gif

This is my current plan:

Thurs - Pump

Friday - Step

Thanks for the tips Honey! I have just started to step up my exercise routine! I will be joining the gym across the street from my house next week so that should be a great help too! Thanks again for sharing and good luck with the last 44 pounds...it should be a snap for a pro like you!
9.gif
9.gif

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I lost 17lbs....but not only for the wedding.

I finished college last year, and you could say my last year was a bit stressful, full time internship, 5 classes, and an engagement...I was eating/drinking coffee to stay awake to write papers and study.

I just wanted to get back to my old self, I was always tired, and cranky, and my skin was looking terrible...so I lost 17lbs in the last 9 months, and I plan on losing another 7, which will get me back to the weight I''ve always been comfortable with...the weight I was when I met my fiance!

I just started to watch my calorie intake, I average about 1200-1300 a day and work out 1-2 days a week...we also take bike rides and run together, I dont consider that "working out" because its leisurely, but it does cut calories :) I''ve got 9 months to lose the last 7 lbs...I''m going to shoot for 10. I still eat ice cream from time to time, and indulge at restaurants. Its actually really good for your metabolism to switch it up once and awhile! :)

Congrats to everyone who lost weight, its tough in the beginning!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 1:10:52 PM
Author: Black Jade
None.
I''m so impressed! But, I have to ask...did you have children? (It wasn''t until my mom''s 4th baby that she wasn''t able to get back to her "comfortable" weight. And then it just all fell apart for her.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results