shape
carat
color
clarity

How much was your wedding dress?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Traveling gal, that was the kind of look I was going for, but couldn't find. But I got married in '96. If I did it again I would definitely be looking online for a deal!

I didn't get an expensive dress because we a) had no money and b) were eloping. But I love looking at the wedding picture of my parents and seeing how beautiful/handsome they were, and kind of wish I had a similar memento for my kids. I'm the photo taker in my family, and my husband refuses for us to take a formal picture, so we don't really have the equivelant of a wedding picture for our kids, which I regret.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Mine was 600$ in 2008. I wanted a simple, white dress with pale blue accents, and I found the One in an Alfred Angelo gown.

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    392.1 KB · Views: 577

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bee*|1313050732|2988413 said:
Including alterations I paid €1700. It was worth every penny to me and I felt beautiful on the day. I would definitely do it again.

bee* that is a stunning photo of you on the steps!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn't sure that my answer would be germaine to the conversation since I got married quite a while ago, but since so many ladies answered who were also married some time ago..... my gown was a little over $2,000.- with the tax and alteration charges. We were married in 1998. I loved my gown. I felt like a princess in it.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
$300-$350 including alterations, I can't remember the exact figure. I wore it twice.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1313160405|2989308 said:
Traveling gal, that was the kind of look I was going for, but couldn't find. But I got married in '96. If I did it again I would definitely be looking online for a deal!

I didn't get an expensive dress because we a) had no money and b) were eloping. But I love looking at the wedding picture of my parents and seeing how beautiful/handsome they were, and kind of wish I had a similar memento for my kids. I'm the photo taker in my family, and my husband refuses for us to take a formal picture, so we don't really have the equivelant of a wedding picture for our kids, which I regret.

I think I just got it because it was flowy, cheap and white. It was not even a wedding dress..just a white dress I found in a shop. They sent it to me in my size from another store and it was stained and had issues, but I made do.

It's fun seeing some of the dresses here because I remember the threads/pics back in the BWW days. I can't believe so many of us are married with kids now...the BWW days seem so long ago.

We've grown up together here on PS! :wavey:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I didn't think of that, this whole cohort of searching for the ring, getting married, and often having one or more kids. One of the most shocking was Mara (thought she was a die hard child-free type).
I'm about 10 years older than you'all because I got on the board researching my 10 year anniversary ring :wink2:

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
gemgirl|1313162464|2989329 said:
bee*|1313050732|2988413 said:
Including alterations I paid €1700. It was worth every penny to me and I felt beautiful on the day. I would definitely do it again.

bee* that is a stunning photo of you on the steps!

Thank you gemgirl!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Mine was $500 and then we ended up eloping (I wore the dress). Not worth it - but I'm against weddings anyway for personal reasons.

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
madiamondgirl|1313149134|2989211 said:
by mrswahs » 11 Aug 2011 20:33
Mine was $500 and my alterations will be $234 with tax. It's getting altered now actually

We're getting married on the beach on Maui so i wanted something simple but classy. I love it.

I got married on Maui too! It was magical. Our wedding was at Makena Cove. Congrats and enjoy!!!!

We'll be on Paipu (Po'olenalena) beach which is also along Makena!

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Lottie UK|1313095033|2988782 said:
I planned on spending about 500gbp (sorry pound sign on laptop broken) but I ended up spending around 1000gpb. I tried on one dress and immediately know that that was the one, you can't see in the photos but it ended at about halfway down my calves with frothy petticoats peeking out and I loved it!

Lottie-you looked beautiful! I love your dress. Just gorgeous!

JM-thanks for starting this thread!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wedding dress was 150. in 1980. I saw it in a bridal magazine as well and was lucky enough to be able to buy a sample. It is so outdated now, but at the time I loved it.

codypic34.jpg

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
coatimundi|1313193395|2989723 said:
Lottie UK|1313095033|2988782 said:
I planned on spending about 500gbp (sorry pound sign on laptop broken) but I ended up spending around 1000gpb. I tried on one dress and immediately know that that was the one, you can't see in the photos but it ended at about halfway down my calves with frothy petticoats peeking out and I loved it!

Lottie-you looked beautiful! I love your dress. Just gorgeous!

JM-thanks for starting this thread!

Thank you Coatimundi!

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm....based on the answers on this thread you may all think I'm crazy....

But all in, I spent a little less than $10,000 (doesn't help I bought in NYC, so the tax was almost 9%. Grrr)

My problem was I was a complete fabric snob when it came to lace, so a lot that I saw in the lower bracket didnt work for me, so I ended up going higher than what I originally hoped for.

Worth it to me though. I felt beautiful that day.

First time posting a pic of myself...eeeek:

meanddaddownaisle.jpg

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
NakedFinger|1313245768|2989977 said:

But all in, I spent a little less than $10,000 (doesn't help I bought in NYC, so the tax was almost 9%. Grrr)

My problem was I was a complete fabric snob when it came to lace, so a lot that I saw in the lower bracket didnt work for me, so I ended up going higher than what I originally hoped for.

NakedFinger that dress is amazing!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Lottie UK|1313246392|2989987 said:

NakedFinger that dress is amazing!

Agree - that dress is amazing...and the venue seems spectacular!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
the dress and the lace are amazing and Naked Finger, you make one of the most beautiful brides ive ever seen...but... the ring that could have been with the extra thousands that you could have enjoyed every day through your marriage!

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Lottie, centralsquare! :D

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
jewelerman|1313250101|2990027 said:
the dress and the lace are amazing and Naked Finger, you make one of the most beautiful brides ive ever seen...but... the ring that could have been with the extra thousands that you could have enjoyed every day through your marriage!

Thats sweet of you to say jewelerman, thank you, I'm blushing.

Nahh....I am happy with my 2ct disco ball of a cushion, and my gorgeous three sided pave diamond eternity wedding band. Didnt need to allocate any more funds to that! haha :cheeky:

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Naked Finger,
With a discription like that of your ring I have to beg a picture of that disco ball!!!!sounds as amazing as the dress and also begs the question...why Naked Finger? sounds like your finger is pretty well dressed to me!!! ;-)
p/s im sure the forum members who admired your dress(and ive seem dresses that are 3 times as expensive pale in comparison) would like to see other wedding and venue pictures along with those ring photos! sent ASAP! :D

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
jewelerman|1313252870|2990070 said:
Naked Finger,
With a discription like that of your ring I have to beg a picture of that disco ball!!!!sounds as amazing as the dress and also begs the question...why Naked Finger? sounds like your finger is pretty well dressed to me!!! ;-)
p/s im sure the forum members who admired your dress(and ive seem dresses that are 3 times as expensive pale in comparison) would like to see other wedding and venue pictures along with those ring photos! sent ASAP! :D

Haha, uh-oh thats a lot of pressure now! ::) I dont have any pics at work but can post some when I get home. Haha, NakedFinger was before I got engaged, my finger felt "naked". Although I do have some other fingers that are still naked? Hehe.

You know, I actually never did post a "nakedfinger's" wedding photos post. Guess I was worried about putting pictures of myself online. Now that I just did, I guess it cant hurt? ;))

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Best I could do will cell phone in bathroom at work. Haha

659859743_2359393507_0.jpeg

659859414_2359392366_0.jpeg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Here is a picture of the dress I'll be wearing, I'll come back with pictures of it on me after my first fitting :)

maggie-sottero-wedding-dress-ella.jpg

Maggie-Sottero-Ella-A3428HC_02.jpg

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
The back of that dress is to die for!

slg47

Ideal_Rock

I think your dress is gorgeous :) who is the designer?

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1313260399|2990142 said:

Thanks!

Its Romona Keveza :love:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1313258802|2990130 said:
Here is a picture of the dress I'll be wearing, I'll come back with pictures of it on me after my first fitting :)

Wow, that dress is stunning! You will be sure to be a gorgeous bride Autumnovember! I hope you post some pics of the big day after
it happens. I would love to see that dress IRL. I think it is one of the most beautiful dresses I have ever seen!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
NakedFinger|1313261473|2990150 said:
slg47|1313260399|2990142 said:

Thanks!

Its Romona Keveza :love:

nakedfinger,
Your dress is absolutely stunning! I totally understand about being very selective about the lace. I was also going to ask about the designer. I love Romona Keveza. She does gorgeous gowns and you look stunning in yours!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1313270590|2990250 said:
Autumnovember|1313258802|2990130 said:

Wow, that dress is stunning! You will be sure to be a gorgeous bride Autumnovember! I hope you post some pics of the big day after
it happens. I would love to see that dress IRL. I think it is one of the most beautiful dresses I have ever seen!

Wow, that is a compliment every bride wants to hear....thank you so so so so so much...that is so nice of you. I will absolutely put up pictures, even if it is just for you :) Thank you again!!!! You've put a big smile on my face today :)

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Everyone looks so lovely:)

Naked finger, that is some disco ball and I love your dress.

Tgal-you look so carefree and happy!

I just realized I didn't post a pic, so I attached them below. It was a Maggie Sottero dress, but I don't remember the model name anymore. It had a big detachable overskirt with train so I had a ballgown/train for the ceremony (first photo) and then a slim A-ling dress with a slight sweep for the reception (second photo). It was simple with crystal beading and asymmetrical shirring on the corset bodice.

I am cracking up that someone thought I would have an expensive dress :lol: :lol: :lol:

I live in NYC but got married in rural PA where my parents live. We had dated for 8 years so by the time my DH finally proposed I was like we're getting married now...we got married 6 weeks later in a pretty big (150 attendees) wedding with a brunch and dancing reception and did the whole thing, including the rings, honeymoon, and buying plane tickets for most of his immediate family for under $10k...

there's a thread on here somewhere about the wedding, it was a wonderful day, I wouldn't have changed a thing!

100309bellaportraitonstairs.jpg

puttingonveil100309.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results