shape
carat
color
clarity

How much size do sizing beads add?

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I can fit a size 5.5 at this point but was thinking about getting my ring made in a size 6 with sizing beads. Thoughts? Is this too large a difference? I’ve never had beads before.

lko700

Rough_Rock
I have sizing beads and I think it depends on the shape of your finger. I got them because my knuckles are bigger than my finger. So a size 5 is what fits over my knuckle but would be loose on my finger. I still got a size 5 with sizing beads. Placement also matters. On my wedding bands they were placed too high on the sides and I had to get them moved lower so they would go over the "padded" part of my knuckle and not along the bony sides.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I have sizing beads and I think it depends on the shape of your finger. I got them because my knuckles are bigger than my finger. So a size 5 is what fits over my knuckle but would be loose on my finger. I still got a size 5 with sizing beads. Placement also matters. On my wedding bands they were placed too high on the sides and I had to get them moved lower so they would go over the "padded" part of my knuckle and not along the bony sides.

The base of my finger isn’t much smaller than my knuckles but I didn’t think to accommodate that. I have the sizer that looks like a zip tie. I’ll double check.

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My 7 stone band has sizing beads to accommodate my large knuckle and to prevent spinning at the recommend action of IDJ. The base of my finger is in the 5.5-5.75 and IDJ suggested sizing it at 6.25 with the beads. It really works great at preventing spinning. I don’t find it to be uncomfortable at all, but I do feel it a bit more than my other rings without beads so that’s something to consider if you are sensitive. GL

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
My 7 stone band has sizing beads to accommodate my large knuckle and to prevent spinning at the recommend action of IDJ. The base of my finger is in the 5.5-5.75 and IDJ suggested sizing it at 6.25 with the beads. It really works great at preventing spinning. I don’t find it to be uncomfortable at all, but I do feel it a bit more than my other rings without beads so that’s something to consider if you are sensitive. GL

Ooh perfect! Sounds like it’ll work. Thank you for sharing. :))

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The ring needs to be sized just large enough to go past your knuckle. Then you add the sizing beads at about 7/8 of the way to the bottom on each side of the shank. That makes them about 1/4 of the way around the entire ring apart from each other. You can make them larger or smaller, rounded or somewhat curved and elongated. Envision a large grain of puffy rice. Whatever fits your particular finger. If it is too tight, it is easy to file them down to fit just right. No one but you will see them, so it is strictly for comfort, not appearances.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
The ring needs to be sized just large enough to go past your knuckle. Then you add the sizing beads at about 7/8 of the way to the bottom on each side of the shank. That makes them about 1/4 of the way around the entire ring apart from each other. You can make them larger or smaller, rounded or somewhat curved and elongated. Envision a large grain of puffy rice. Whatever fits your particular finger. If it is too tight, it is easy to file them down to fit just right. No one but you will see them, so it is strictly for comfort, not appearances.

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results