by lydial » Apr 7, 2019 To go up in color from a K to J. Super ideal stone, > 2.5 carat < 0.1 ct increase but may increase spread 0.1-0.2 mm Will stay in the approximate clarity area (VS1 to VS2). Would you pay 10% or more over the K? I purchased a 2.66 ct K VS1 from CBI/HPD, waiting for me setting, and they posted a 2.73 ct J VS2 in the works. 8 weeks out, will cost me 2500 to upgrade. Would fit right into the setting I am getting. If it doesn’t turn out to be bigger & better I am not obligated. If it turns out even better than quoted the price remains the same which is great. I like warmth in diamonds but there is so much “color sensitivity “ here on PS I figured I would ask for advice. J would be warm enough and maybe less tinted. I am confident I would be happy with the K but since I never plan to upgrade this again (even though I am thinking about upgrading it before I even get it) I want it perfect the first time. Do the majority think the J is worth it? Waiting and spending another 2500? That a is a little more than 10% premium on what was already spent. Can’t show you pics, It does not exist yet. Thank you for your advice/opinions!