shape
carat
color
clarity

How much more for an E? Go ahead, guess.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG Yssie.
These short term inreases are much more disturbing than my 5-year one. :knockout: :knockout: :knockout:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
kenny|1314024209|2996500 said:
OMG Yssie.
These short term inreases are much more disturbing than my 5-year one. :knockout: :knockout: :knockout:

But at least the trend is down in the post Yssie made!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I thought I would play too for fun. My husband bought the diamond for my e-ring almost 2 years ago for $3250 (0.79ct E VS2 RB, GIA graded). When I look for a similar diamond today the price is about 75-80% higher. I am so glad he proposed when he did!

I have had to quit buying colored stones because I can no longer afford the settings for them, not even the cheaper eBay ones :(sad So I'll just have to live vicariously through you guys unless prices start to come down...

Hi all! I don't post often, but I'm the owner of the stone that @thbmok posted about earlier. At the time we were looking at diamonds, the boy and I were unsure about where prices where headed - up, down, or nowhere. We called Brian to talk about the stone and he told us about the first of the price increases that were slated to occur - prices went up literally hours after we purchased this diamond. I'm so happy that we went with this and that we bought when we did! The diamond is a stunner, and if I went to buy now (literally only months after this was purchased), I would need to go down a half carat to stay in budget. Or the budget would have needed to change. :naughty:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stargurl78|1314033279|2996651 said:
I have had to quit buying colored stones because I can no longer afford the settings for them, not even the cheaper eBay ones :(sad So I'll just have to live vicariously through you guys unless prices start to come down...

Yeah, with settings being so nutso expensive, I think re-sets will become a thing of the past too. Re-setting used to be a fun hobby for me but not anymore! ;(

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
I have been watching this for a couple of months too. Keeping track now just cause I'm interested and have been. Trying to do comparison today but there are not a ton of stones out there in these ranges I could find. They were purchased 9/2010 for my five-stone; all are BGD H&A AGS 000's.

price increases.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I have posted this before...

we bought my diamond in April of last year for $6723 (originally around 7900, vendor came down). It is a 1.108 G VS2 square cushion H&A (AGS)

GOG has a 1.11 G VS2 square cushion H&A (GIA) for $11,492 wire price.

note: this is not meant to be a reflection on GOG or their prices...I have been following this diamond for about a year now and it has increased dramatically!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results