shape
carat
color
clarity

how much is your budget for the wedding? how much are you parents contributing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Maisie-
If you need help planning your NYC vow renewal let me know! I''m here and can check things out for you.

Our photographer/videographer is FANTASTIC - Dani can attest that that as well!

PS-We''re doing Thailand as well!

Anna0499

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2008 3:06:20 PM
Author: Maisie

We are also hoping to go to Thailand for the honeymoon we never had, but that isn''t included.
THAILAND IS AMAZING! I highly recommend it. Good luck, I hope you get to go...it''s really wonderful (and cheaper once you get there than the other more common touristy/honeymoon destinations).
1.gif

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2008 11:32:06 AM
Author: lovehersomuch
Date: 3/14/2008 3:33:07 PM

Author: SarahLovesJS

Date: 3/14/2008 3:17:49 PM

Author: lovehersomuch

Date: 3/14/2008 2:29:34 PM

Author: SarahLovesJS

In Virginia we are trying to spend under $25,000 if possible. I may have found a reception venue where it''s possible. ;-)So the break down is:

My parents: Like 80% of it...engagement party, my dress, ceremony, reception, bridal portraits, etc.

Us: We''re paying for the day of photographer, rings, and maybe the cinematographer.

His parents: Sigh. Well, bridesmaids dresses since his sisters are the bridesmaids, the rehearsal dinner, and boutonnières (I think that''s spelled right). Oh and like 80% of the guest list.
23.gif
I have such a tiny family and his is HUGE.

ETA: When I was looking at March this was a lot cheaper.
39.gif
But now that I am looking at June of 2009 or 2010 it''s the in-season prices. So yay.

im also from virginia - northern va... what venues have you looked into? we are thinking about the torpedo factory as one of the venues...

Wow that sounds really cool! Well we looked into the Charlottesville area and Richmond area mostly so we looked at:

In Charlottesville: The Boar''s Head Inn, Clifton Inn, Keswick Hall(sp) (Wow this place is near Charlottesville and about 50k!), Oak Ridge Estate.

Richmond: The Jefferson, The Omni, Sunday Park, and Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens.

If you want reviews of any of these places let me know we actually visited all the ones in Richmond all the others I only have prices and photos. I think we are at this point deciding between Lewis Ginter and The Omni.

Oh and have you looked at Top of the Town I think it is in Arlington? It looks beautiful!

ETA: For ceremony venues we looked at mostly all of the methodist churches in the area, but St. John''s Church (I think that''s the name) is a really pretty historic church in downtown Richmond-area.

i have heard of the top of the town but havent seen it... one of the main criteria for the reception/ceremony venue is that it allows outside catering.. im pretty sure i recall that top of the town doesnt allow outside catering.

Hmmm...at this point I think you have to bring in an outside caterer, but I could be reading the website wrong. Only bad thing I read about them online is that a lot of vendors or some vendors don''t want to go there because it''s a pain. They have one access elevator for vendors and they hate using it. Some hotels have the same view. Check out their website: Top of the Town. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results