shape
carat
color
clarity

How much do you drink?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2010 1:11:27 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 3/31/2010 1:05:07 PM
Author: Bia
I''ve been drinking a glass of wine about 5-6 nights a week for the last two months or so. It''s helping me relax after stressful work/school days. Wine is going to get me through to graduation!

Weekends, if I go out with friends, I''ll have a margarita or two...or three
9.gif
12.gif

PS: This American is not a Coors/Bud girl. Give me German/Danish beer. Or a good, old-fashioned Corona
18.gif

...I sound like a lush, but I''m really not. Or am I?

you are.
25.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Huge beer snob over here. I love me some micro brew!!! I tend to have a beer every few nights, DH has 1-2 every night. We drink socially with friends occasionally as well.

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2010 5:55:48 PM
Author: elrohwen
Uhh, too much?
9.gif

I used to drink one to two drinks on weekdays, and I''d often have two to three on weekends. However, after developing some pudge around the middle I''ve cut back to no alcohol on weekdays and still have my two to three drinks on weekends. I was more worried about the empty calories than the alcohol, but I suppose cutting out some alcohol won''t kill me either
2.gif

Generally I drink wine (white or red, but more red since it''s still cold outside) and beer (microbrew type stuff, not lite, which unfortunately have a lot of calories). I don''t drink hard alcohol really, but I do like a homemade margarita once in a while.

I wish I was a lightweight like some of you! Occasionally I''ll have up to 5 drinks (aka a bottle of wine) by myself over the course of a long evening (maybe 5 or 6 hours), but anymore than that and I am definitely hung over.
I''m a pretty similar drinker to you Elrohwen!

I don''t drink during the week, but usually Friday/Saturday/Sunday I''ll have 1-2 drinks each night. White wine for me (I''m overly sensitive to tannins) or microbrews.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I drank socially a lot from age 19-22. Now I''m 26 and have a drink maybe once every 3 or 4 months. I can''t relax and have a drink if I''m home with my daughter. I get too guilty drinking around her. Alcohol makes me sleepy.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
In college here. I do not drink at all during the week ever. On the weekends, I normally only drink one night, and it''s anywhere between 3-6 drinks. Depends on how long I am out, or who I am with. I''m not a lightweight at all either. I like me some rum and coke... yum. I actually like the taste ha. I love German/Belgian beer. We have a restaurant here that makes their owns brew... YUM Spartan Wheat. I also love ciders- give me some Wood Chuck or Strongbow and YUM. I also like wine, but I drink that once every 2-3 months.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Oh my lordy, this thread makes me feel like such a teetotaler!

I have maybe 2 drinks a year? I'll get a beer or glass of wine at social functions, then nurse it for the rest of the night. I am cursed with some sort of genetic disorder which makes me loathe the taste of alcohol. I've tried to get over it and appreciate the taste of a good wine or beer...I just can't seem to do it. I can tolerate champagne pretty well and even had a half of a glass at my wedding.

I did have a shot once in my early 20's. Needless to say, I've never been drunk or hungover!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
DH is a homebrewer, so we have at least a tasting glass (4 oz.) of one or two of his beers every night. We probably have a bottle of wine with dinner 1-2 times a week. Drinking is a very central part of our lives, though neither of us drinks to the point of drunkenness more than a couple times a year.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I probably average about 6/7 glasses of wine a week - sometimes I''ll have a glass each night, other times I have a weekend where I''ll knock back a few bottles with my FI.

During the summer, I''ll probably add a beer or two into the mix b/c we go to a lot of baseball games and a game just isn''t the same to me if I don''t have a beer and a brat.

Not a mixed drink drinker.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2010 2:12:23 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
Oh my lordy, this thread makes me feel like such a teetotaler!

I have maybe 2 drinks a year? I''ll get a beer or glass of wine at social functions, then nurse it for the rest of the night. I am cursed with some sort of genetic disorder which makes me loathe the taste of alcohol. I''ve tried to get over it and appreciate the taste of a good wine or beer...I just can''t seem to do it. I can tolerate champagne pretty well and even had a half of a glass at my wedding.

I did have a shot once in my early 20''s. Needless to say, I''ve never been drunk or hungover!

I''m pretty similar, NEL. I don''t loathe alcohol but I''d rather have soda or water most of the time.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2010 4:25:13 PM
Author: Circe
2 drinks a night seems more or less average ... could be two glasses of wine with dinner, or a few cocktails with friends after work. Some nights it''s nothing, some nights it''s more, but the happy average is 2.
me too - almost always have wine with dinner and the hubs.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess my average would be one glass of wine per day. FI averages about 1 1/2 glasses of wine per day.

Some days (rarely) I''ll have 1 1/2 glasses and others I''ll skip it entirely.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
::sigh:: My name is Doodle, and I''m a lush. I had four glasses of wine last night (and two shots of bourbon), and four the night before as well. I guess that''s what happens when your BFF is a bartender and you run the pub trivia a night a week! I''ve scaled it back a lot since DH and I met (I used to be a total party girl), but we still drink copiously. I have extremely high alcohol tolerance, too, so I can have 3-4 drinks without feeling even remotely buzzed.

Viola

Shiny_Rock
I''ll have 1-2 glasses of wine or drinks about once a month.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t drink.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I usually have myself about 2-3 mixed drinks a week.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I would say on average 1-2 drinks/month if that. I''m not a big drinker at all (never was....never even been drunk
20.gif
), mainly due to the calories. I''m a pretty avid gym buff, so thr thought of empty calories freaks me out. When FI and I do go out, I typically drink beer, or a bacardi and diet. Sometimes, if it''s a special dinner, I''ll get a glass of wine, but when I eat and drink together, I can barely eat my food because the liquor fills me up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results