shape
carat
color
clarity

How much do you drink?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe 1/2 can of imported Belgian or German beer once a week if there is a good appetizer around, and the beer is good.
If there is my favorite Icewine in the house, I may have a 1/2 glass of wine on Saturday or Sunday, if there is just average wine, I''d pass on it. I may have a small glass of Campari or a cherry liquer. I drink for the taste, not for the effect, because drinking makes me sleepy and I miss all the fun.
Oh, and I like expensive Tequilla. Or Glenfiddich whiskey, but I never drink much of either.

I wish I had the same tastes in food! I eat whatever is around, with all the consequences of it.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Only on the weekends (Friday and Saturday nights) and just one a night, after the baby''s gone to bed. Usually, I just like to sip on something. Approx. 2 drinks a week.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
about once a month - usually Bailey`s or Frangelico.. yum!
30.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With three children, not nearly as much as I should!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
1-2 drinks on weekend nights. If I am at home or a typical restaurant it is usually red wine. If we are at a mexican restaurant (which we do quite often because we are trying all of the ones in our area) I will get a margarita with patron silver. I find the expensive stuff reduces the hangover.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
When I''m not pregnant, one glass of red wine every day with dinner. Sometimes I''ll have a cocktail (like a vodka tonic) before dinner on a Saturday night.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Ughh, it always sounds worse when you write it down!

Here goes.....

I knock back a bottle of wine once a week, usually Sat night. I was drinking a few nights a week but had to stop when I started back at uni as I wasn''t concentrating or getting enough study done.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2010 4:09:18 PM
Author: lulu
At least two lovely manhattans every evening and more on social occasions.
may our paths cross at a social occasion, lulu! while i''m not an every night drinker i have been known to have several manhattans or more when out........

mz

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2010 9:58:45 PM
Author: movie zombie

Date: 3/28/2010 4:09:18 PM
Author: lulu
At least two lovely manhattans every evening and more on social occasions.
may our paths cross at a social occasion, lulu! while i''m not an every night drinker i have been known to have several manhattans or more when out........

mz

There''s no beating a well made Manhattan. It is the nectar of the gods!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
1 glass of wine a week

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
I would drink a bloody mary every night...but became worried of forming a "habit" of it, so only have one every other or every couple days. Weekends I have 1-3 drinks per day depending on the weekend!

I LOVE Mr.T''s bloody mary mix!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you see me posting nonsense here early Saturday morning
37.gif
that means i just return home from my Friday night "bar exam"
martini.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I am very fond of a glass or three of good champagne.

Truth be told, as a rule the first one doesn''t touch the sides and I struggle to finish the second. I like alcohol more than it likes me. Plays hell with my head.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I''m another with alcoholic family members, and the smell of most drinks I find disagreeable, so I don''t drink.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2010 11:08:57 PM
Author: Gailey
I am very fond of a glass or three of good champagne.

Truth be told, as a rule the first one doesn''t touch the sides and I struggle to finish the second. I like alcohol more than it likes me. Plays hell with my head.

A-ha! that sounds like me too
35.gif
i always wonder why the second glass is such a disappointment...

i probably have 5 glasses a week. A glass of wine a few nights with dinner, and maybe a couple of pints of cider if im out on a weekend for drinks.

Alas i cant drink more than two really without regretting it...oh where did my youth go????
39.gif
9.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually have a bottle of wine over thursday/fri/sat night. If I''m out with friends I usually have 2/3 glasses of wine.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Usually half a glass of red wine with dinner, and a glass of wine or a martini or two when we go out for dinner/drinks.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
About one bottle of wine per week at home (avg 1 glass per day, about 5 days a week)

I don't go out much, but if we drink out socially, I usually will have a drink or two.

If we are hosting, we tend to drink more exuberantly. My brother is in town, and the three of us split two bottles of wine yesterday. One dessert wine (honey wine) and one red (pinot noir).

I'm working on decreasing my drinking so that I can decrease my waistline!
9.gif
Also, it's starting to give me indigestion... which is a useful deterrent.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could do the one glass of wine per night thing. DH usually has a beer instead, and I don''t like wine that''s been open for more than a day, so I end up having 2.5 glasses each day.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I had not drink since my 1st pregnancy 29 months ago. Before that, I only drink socially.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Not very often.

Maybe 2-3 drinks a month (if that). Either a glass of wine, a beer or a gin & tonic while out for dinner or some sweeter wine/ice wine while DH and I are enjoying the sheesha pipe (which we do about once every 1-2 months). This has been my "usage" for the last couple years. It has varied, as there were some years I did not drink at all for my own reasons, and some where I probably drank 2-3 drinks a week just due to my social life at the time.

DH is not much of a drinker either. Like me, he will have sweeter wine with the sheesha pipe. He does not like "strong drinks" so if we go out for dinner he may drink one or two frozen margarita sort of deals, more rarely he may have a beer. He''s a lightweight though, half a beer and he is already feeling tipsy! He probably drinks a couple drinks more than me in a month though.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I''d say I usually average a drink a day--sometimes less sometimes a little more, but usually around 1.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I''m nearly a Baptist in my drinking habits.
3.gif

I''m such a ''cheap'' drunk, that I can get woozy on one, and downright snockered on two.
9.gif

There is wine and beer in the fridge, but it''s been chillin'' for awhile. Our drinking is infrequent at best.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Hardly ever, and that has to change. Oh, how I love to drink!

I just sent DH out to the garage to bring in some wine, we might as well make a start. It''s snowing here, with a bit of luck we won''t be able to go to work / school tomorrow.
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a huge fan of high-quality beer! Yum!

During the week, I don''t like to drink while my kids are still up, and they go to bed around 8 pm and that''s kind of late for drinking, so usually I only have a bottle of beer about 3 nights out of the week. Then on the weekends, I have 2 on Friday and 2 on Saturday. So, probably about 1 six-pack per week.

When we go out, I have a beer. With the price of on-tap Mac and Jac and a dinner out, it just becomes too expensive. When we drink with friends at get togethers, I don''t keep track! lol

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t drink much, and neither does my husband. I might have one or two drinks if we''re at a wedding or a party, but that''s a rare occasion.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2010 3:34:13 PM
Author: Callisto
SO and I homebrew our own beer (mostly SO, I''m still getting into it- I like drinking it more than making it) and are both very interested in the culture and science behind beer. For my fellow Americans here - I urge you to step outside of the box we have been put in by Bud and Miller... there is SO much more out there!!!! And if you learn about beer while you expand your horizons it become a really interesting hobby.

I probably have 1 drink every other day during the week (depending on what we have brewed, how I''m feeling, etc) and then will drink socially usually one of the two weekend evenings which can consist of 2 or more drinks (not getting belligerent or anything though). I used to drink more wine but really like wine from a freshly opened bottle and since SO doesn''t drink much wine I tend not to finish the bottle before it goes bad.

Wow, I''m not even a beer drinker and I know this statement is crap. Just because Bud and Coors are very popular in the states doesn''t mean it''s the beer of choice for the average American. Most everyone I know tends to stick with microbrews or international labels, not bud.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2010 12:41:39 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Date: 3/28/2010 3:34:13 PM

Author: Callisto

SO and I homebrew our own beer (mostly SO, I''m still getting into it- I like drinking it more than making it) and are both very interested in the culture and science behind beer. For my fellow Americans here - I urge you to step outside of the box we have been put in by Bud and Miller... there is SO much more out there!!!! And if you learn about beer while you expand your horizons it become a really interesting hobby.

I probably have 1 drink every other day during the week (depending on what we have brewed, how I''m feeling, etc) and then will drink socially usually one of the two weekend evenings which can consist of 2 or more drinks (not getting belligerent or anything though). I used to drink more wine but really like wine from a freshly opened bottle and since SO doesn''t drink much wine I tend not to finish the bottle before it goes bad.

Wow, I''m not even a beer drinker and I know this statement is crap. Just because Bud and Coors are very popular in the states doesn''t mean it''s the beer of choice for the average American. Most everyone I know tends to stick with microbrews or international labels, not bud.

True that--we''re homebrewers as well and so are many of our friends. I don''t know anyone who drinks Bud or Coors as their first choice.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been drinking a glass of wine about 5-6 nights a week for the last two months or so. It''s helping me relax after stressful work/school days. Wine is going to get me through to graduation!

Weekends, if I go out with friends, I''ll have a margarita or two...or three
9.gif
12.gif

PS: This American is not a Coors/Bud girl. Give me German/Danish beer. Or a good, old-fashioned Corona
18.gif

...I sound like a lush, but I''m really not. Or am I?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2010 1:05:07 PM
Author: Bia
I''ve been drinking a glass of wine about 5-6 nights a week for the last two months or so. It''s helping me relax after stressful work/school days. Wine is going to get me through to graduation!

Weekends, if I go out with friends, I''ll have a margarita or two...or three
9.gif
12.gif

PS: This American is not a Coors/Bud girl. Give me German/Danish beer. Or a good, old-fashioned Corona
18.gif

...I sound like a lush, but I''m really not. Or am I?

you are.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results