shape
carat
color
clarity

How much did you pay for your everyday handbag?

How much was the original price of your everyday bag?

• $1000 and up

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • $100-$200

• $200-400

• $400-800

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CaliCushion

Shiny_Rock
I see purses as long term investments. I love designer handbangs, but can''t afford to buy a lot of them! So I try to buy classic handbags in classic colors and made of durable materials. I may not have the of the moment handbag, but I don''t really see the point in buying expensive purses that are going to be outdated in 6 months! Some examples-I have a large gold gucci hobo purse I wear often, as it matches black, brown and navy. I also often wear a classic monogram leather louis vuitton purse I''ve had for over 9 years! For night events, I often wear a classic black leather e/w chanel handbag with a silver and leather chain. I''m going to have that one for life!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Starry, where have you been? Seems like I have not seen you around in a while!

Love those bags, must check them out at my Cartier in King of Prussia. What is the price range on them? I noticed them in a magazine and I liked them, but must see one in person to try it out!!! Love the blue, the burgundy...just gorgeous! Thanks so much!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I paid about $30 for my every day black one, and around the same for my every day brown one. The black is used more often and I tend to change them every 2 years or so. I''m not really a handbag nut although I do love coach.

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
I got a GORGEOUS Chanel tote for Christmas from my husband. I have been craving one. It is an every day bag and I know it broke the bank. I would not have gotten one for myself.

Nancy

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
This is my new everyday bag

http://www.coach.com/assets/product_images/colord2/11062_BBKBK-1_d2.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2007 10:51:52 PM
Author: diamondfan
Starry, where have you been? Seems like I have not seen you around in a while!

Love those bags, must check them out at my Cartier in King of Prussia. What is the price range on them? I noticed them in a magazine and I liked them, but must see one in person to try it out!!! Love the blue, the burgundy...just gorgeous! Thanks so much!
Happy New Year!
35.gif

Sorry to be MIA!

The small plain bags start around $1100. There are 3 sizes - I prefer small bags (even though bigger seems to be the style), so I'm not sure how much the mid and large sizes are. The animal skin/print adds a premium, but they are still nicely priced considering the quality and brand.

Definitely rush to King of Prussia!
31.gif

designchica

Shiny_Rock
I love handbags!!! I have 11 daytime bags that I rotate. The two that I use the most often are $350(Biasia) and $600(Rafe)

$400 Cole Haan G series
$350 Biasia
$400 Anthropologie Bowler
$600 Rafe of New York
$400 Bulga
$1100 Balenciaga First Motorcycle (retail price, but I bought slightly used on Ebay for $400)
$350 Coach Hobo
$90 Can''t recall the brand name.
$200 Can''t recall the brand name.
$75 Nine West
$30 (and one of my favorites...its a straw hobo from Old Navy!)

I have a collection of clutches and evening purses too but none of them cost more than $150.

I am currently lusting after a few $1500 and higher bags but will have to wait for those.

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
I hate to even answer. . . I like my designer bags. Chanel bags are what make up maybe 90% of my little collection.

Date: 12/28/2007 8:33:18 PM
Author: fansynancy
I got a GORGEOUS Chanel tote for Christmas from my husband. I have been craving one. It is an every day bag and I know it broke the bank. I would not have gotten one for myself.

Nancy

which one did you get!?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Current everyday bag is a NineWest signature print black/brown satchel I did NOT buy at full price; got it at Ross for $23.99! Looks like an expensive designer logo print bag and goes with everything but evening wear.

I won''t buy cheap quality, but I will shop ''til I find similiar-to-expensive-looks for a bunch less than designer pricing. I just won''t spend the bucks. I have a lot of great bags; none of them were more than $100 and most of them were under $50. Designer labels don''t make a big impression in Texas outside of Dallas or Houston; Austin is too cool to care about them. Texans think ''designer'' means Dooney & Burke!

idreamofice

Shiny_Rock
hehe...I agree with HollyS. You don't see a lot of Designer purses in Austin.
I grew up in Houston and live in Austin so my designer bags are now in the closet. I moved to Austin about 3 years a go and my Lvs, Pradas and Diors are now in the closet. I no longer even carry a purse
23.gif
I have a small LV keychain coin purse..with my checkcard and DL.

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2008 6:44:54 PM
Author: HollyS
Current everyday bag is a NineWest signature print black/brown satchel I did NOT buy at full price; got it at Ross for $23.99! Looks like an expensive designer logo print bag and goes with everything but evening wear.

I won't buy cheap quality, but I will shop 'til I find similiar-to-expensive-looks for a bunch less than designer pricing. I just won't spend the bucks. I have a lot of great bags; none of them were more than $100 and most of them were under $50. Designer labels don't make a big impression in Texas outside of Dallas or Houston; Austin is too cool to care about them. Texans think 'designer' means Dooney & Burke!
LOL! I'm prure Texan! I grew up in a Houston suburb - VERY country and live in a Dallas suburb now and I'm all about my designer bags!
9.gif

I think most women have a soft spot for something no matter where they live, mine's jewlry and bags, another's maybe manicures and shoes or pricey denim, boots or cosmetics. . . .

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know how I missed this thread before! Typically I average a few hundred dollars for a good bag that I''ll want to carry all of the time. But sometimes I will buy a $25 bag at Target, and sometimes I will splurge (ahem), like I did tonight for my new spring bag... the new Vuitton Monogram Mini Lin Croisette Marina GM. I cannot wait to get it in my hot little hands
30.gif

LV_11741955_blue_h_pu.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, Lindsey, what a great spring bag!!!
9.gif
36.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Monarch! I know it''s only January, but it''s so cold and miserable out, I am dying for Spring already, and I have been looking at all things spring -- t-shirts, dresses, strappy shoes and bags. When it''s summer, I''m dying for fall and cool weather... come January I am begging for warm weather
31.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I am insanely addicted to handbags...my one and only true vice...

I have several coach bags, which I interchange if I need one in a certain color for a certain outfit, blah blah blah.

I use my LV or Fendi Spy bag most often...nearly every day.

I want a Hermes...and I WILL have one, sooner or later...

Kay

Ideal_Rock
My truly "every day" bags are under $100. I prefer smaller bags, and I found a leather frame style bag I loved at Wilson Leather a few years ago. It was on sale for $50, so I got it in black and a gorgeous cognac color. I also found two DKNY bags (black patent and bronze croc embossed leather) on sale at Macy's for $90, so those four are my mainstays. I used to laugh at the idea of spending over $1,000 on a bag, although many of my colleagues do so. Last year, I suddenly got hit with the designer handbag bug (damn PS and TFP), but I couldn't quite stomach paying retail. I found my dream bag, LV Epi Segur PM in Rouge ($1300 retail), on ebay for $700 -- it had no signs of wear and came with the dust bag, box and receipt. I also picked up a really cute little burgundy Prada bag ($800 retail) for $160.

2540_35.JPG

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay what a great find and beautiful LV...I love the red!
36.gif

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2008 3:09:33 AM
Author: monarch64
Kay what a great find and beautiful LV...I love the red!
36.gif
Thanks, Monarch. I love it -- it''s my fun bag.

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I have a designer bag addiction, too. Fortunately for me, it''s an illness I inherited from my mother, so she and I pool our resources and shop for them together, and we swap them in and out between the two of us.

My "daily" handbag lately has been my Mom''s black Hermes Bolide.....that I''m sorry to say, my mom may never see again
11.gif

I think she''s holding my Valentino one hostage though; I found a gold metallic Histoire by pure chance when I wasn''t even shopping for bags (I swear) and I snagged it, but I haven''t seen that sucker since I lent it to her, that was weeks ago.

Before I absconded with the Bolide, I was pretty obsessed with my big ''ol Mulberry Bayswater that I bought off of netaporter. Jeez, I definitely have a "type" when it comes to handbags...the Bayswater and the Bolide cut a similiar silhouette...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great bag Kay--my fav is my LV Red Epi St. Jacques! How ''bout a pic of your Prada find??

cheers--Sharon

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I am not huge into handbags - don''t get me wrong, I would never refuse a LV or Prada bag, but not high on my priority list.

I personally love Matt and Nat bags - a Canadian company. I think this bag was about $150. Here is the bag I am using now for work.

Matt&Nat.jpg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
My name is Elmorton and I''m a Coachaholic. :) I have about 8 smaller bags, 6 wristlets, 4 wallets, and 2 large totes - one nylon and one leather. The only exceptions to the collection are a couple Francesco Biasia bags - one I bought while studying abroad, and the other was a back of the rack amazing clearance at T.J.Maxx.

I think the biggest fun I have though is finding great bags for clearance prices - I got a coach bleecker small zip hobo over the weekend for $124 (Von Maur, I think it was a return) and it''s orginally $248. Wahoo! I''m also a fan of the classic leather pieces that I can carry forever - I only have 2 signature pieces (the cloth with Cs) - and those are because they were lavender.

Here''s a (teeny) pic of the new bleecker hobo:

elmortbleecker.jpg

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 11:52:56 AM
Author: Mediterranean
Yeah, I have a designer bag addiction, too. Fortunately for me, it''s an illness I inherited from my mother, so she and I pool our resources and shop for them together, and we swap them in and out between the two of us.

My ''daily'' handbag lately has been my Mom''s black Hermes Bolide.....that I''m sorry to say, my mom may never see again
11.gif

I think she''s holding my Valentino one hostage though; I found a gold metallic Histoire by pure chance when I wasn''t even shopping for bags (I swear) and I snagged it, but I haven''t seen that sucker since I lent it to her, that was weeks ago.

Before I absconded with the Bolide, I was pretty obsessed with my big ''ol Mulberry Bayswater that I bought off of netaporter. Jeez, I definitely have a ''type'' when it comes to handbags...the Bayswater and the Bolide cut a similiar silhouette...
Yeah, I wish I could blame my mom for this.....but I can''t....she thinks I''m Crazy! Bad, thing is, I''m passing this disease onto my daughter. She has already asked for all my handbags when I die. How sad is that? (and she''s only 11!)

My daily handbag is the medium Never full....except when it''s raining...then I use a my big coach signature..

I bought her a really cute pink and brown Juicy Couture purse for her b-day, which is months from now....I know I''m creating a monster...

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 6:02:43 PM
Author: louisvgirl
Date: 2/19/2008 11:52:56 AM

Author: Mediterranean

My ''daily'' handbag lately has been my Mom''s black Hermes Bolide.....that I''m sorry to say, my mom may never see again
11.gif

Before I absconded with the Bolide, I was pretty obsessed with my big ''ol Mulberry Bayswater that I bought off of netaporter. Jeez, I definitely have a ''type'' when it comes to handbags...the Bayswater and the Bolide cut a similiar silhouette...
Yeah, I wish I could blame my mom for this.....but I can''t....she thinks I''m Crazy! Bad, thing is, I''m passing this disease onto my daughter. She has already asked for all my handbags when I die. How sad is that? (and she''s only 11!)

My daily handbag is the medium Never full....except when it''s raining...then I use a my big coach signature..

I bought her a really cute pink and brown Juicy Couture purse for her b-day, which is months from now....I know I''m creating a monster...

O, man, your little girl is going to look ADORABLE with her little juicy handbag!!!! They''re so cute, especially for the younger set of purse-aficionados!!! Pink-n-brown is a great color combo...the earthy brown makes it neutral enough to go with lots of her outfits, and the pink is sweet, and very girly!!! She''ll love it! What a freakin'' COOL birthday gift! She has the "cool Mom" heh heh heh!!

dianne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/6/2007 12:59:27 PM
Author: sumbride
I''m a handbag person that is apparently NOT a handbag person. I haven''t bought a bag that cost over $100 in, um, 15 years. I do like variety though, so I own several dozen bags, but they were all under $100 and most of them were under $50. I consider $60 to be expensive for a purse. My most recent purchase was an all-leather number from Target for $15.99. I tried to find something at Macy''s but they didn''t seem to have anything that was all-leather.

I have looked at expensive bags but I''ve not seen anything yet that is worth the price to me. I even attempted to find something, anything that would make me covet it and nada... zip, zero, I just think they''re kind of blah. And I really hate bags with a lot of hardware or that look like they''re trying too hard.

So AlJ and Mimzy and I will be over here in the cheap corner, happy with our non-famous purses, ok?
Can I sit in with you guys--in the cheap corner? I have to be honest, I am not a handbag person...I mean, I always carry one but I''m not one to change them out everyday and it is almost a traumatic experience to find one I like. I''ll love the inside but hate the outside, and vice-versa. Last time I was shopping for one I was in one store for 2 hours and 3 people asked me if I would help them or check them out. Obviously, I had so many around me trying to decide that I must have looked like I worked there...putting up stock or something. I was there long enough to hear customer questions and answers from people who did work there so I actually was able to help one of the ladies who asked me where a particular item was...and I was able to tell her it was on sale until Sunday, too! Guess she never knew I was a customer....lol!

But, back to the issue...as I am reading these posts I have to say I never realized the price tag on handbags could be so high. I guess it could be that where I live, and the differences in stores available to the individual PS members could play a part. I have to totally agree with sumbride that I consider $60 to be pricey and most of mine are between $40-$60.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results