shape
carat
color
clarity

How much did you pay for your everyday handbag?

How much was the original price of your everyday bag?

• $1000 and up

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • $100-$200

• $200-400

• $400-800

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
So, I went out and despite being on a tightish budget, splurged on what I think was a good deal on a great everyday bag. D&G for only $600 (reg price was $1100). I got it at Nordstrom. Anyway, I have a few bags and did not need it, but loved it despite it being a brand I am not too fond of...(I have a Coach for the football games or Disneyland, a Burberry for my preppy moods, and a few Cole Haan bags). Anyway....I am curious, how much did your "everyday" bag cost?!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I have a black leather messenger bag that I got from Banana Republic. I need a new one . . . . .

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Does it count when you buy a new "everyday" handbag every other week???
20.gif

Yeah, I''m bad....I know....

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Right now I am using a Balenciaga '05 Caramel city that I bought from the lovely mssalvo. I normally wear the LV bosphore messenger because it's practical and easy to carry with the kids, but I decided to use this bag because it never got too much use since I have had it and since I have it, I should use it...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Expensive handbags are a vice of mine, but I only get something like one a year. So I''m in the $1000 range right now with my Balenciaga. But my LV''s are more like $600-800.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I switch between Coach and Furla bags every other day (different colors). One was $300, other $400. If I had more expensive ones, I''d still carry them every day. I''m all about cost per use - the more I use, the cheaper it is!
31.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
My current one retails for just under $500, original price
1.gif

Francesco Biasia has, quite randomly, become my fave line of handbags. I used to splurge a little bit more, but if I love FB's for less... why not?
2.gif

This is my everyday bag right now. I paid about $450. It replaced/added to this one (though in camel), which cost $200. Before that I carried a balenciaga motorcycle bag in pewter, and a Dior saddle bag.

E B

Ideal_Rock
The one below is mine (but in dark brown leather), and we paid ~$200 from a woman who''d recently purchased it from a Coach outlet. It''s a great bag and a good price, I think. I don''t know that I''d spend much more.

coachbagbuckle.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
You gals would PASS OUT if you knew how cheap my daily handbags were.......

I''m not into handbags at all. They''re fine, sure, but not something I consider spending a ton of $$ on. I''d rather put that into diamonds.
2.gif

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
UCLA-

You got an awesome deal! I like to carry a good bag every day. I think you need a good bag and a good watch (and of course, a good diamond) I am currently carrying a Tod''s bag that I really like AND . . . I am getting the bubble quilt Chanel large messenger bag for Christmas/Chanukah!!! I will carry it every day even though it''s crazy expensive.

Nancy

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
FancyNancy- Thanks! I agree...While I have nice bags, I never had one this super nice (although I dream of someday owning a Kelly bag!)....I agree with the nice watch, ring and bag statement.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Oops, I voted wrong! Thanks to the weak dollar the LV Monogram Canvas Ellipse Petit is now $1000. ACK!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Another Balenciaga person here. The two bags I get range from $995 to $1195. But I have learned that if you buy out of state from a company in Hawaii, you can shave about 13% off on sales tax and member discounts.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
i''m the same as Mara...I LOVE expensive handbags, but normally only get one a year. I''m currently using my balenciaga day bag that I got earlier this year. It was my first Bal, and now i''m addicted! I convinced my fiance to buy me a new one for Christmas!!!! I can''t wait to use it, I''m trying to be good eventhough it''s in the house right now and I sooooooooo want to use it! Only about 3 more weeks
36.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 1:24:01 PM
Author: musey
My current one retails for just under $500, original price
1.gif

Francesco Biasia has, quite randomly, become my fave line of handbags. I used to splurge a little bit more, but if I love FB's for less... why not?
2.gif

This is my everyday bag right now. I paid about $450. It replaced/added to this one (though in camel), which cost $200. Before that I carried a balenciaga motorcycle bag in pewter, and a Dior saddle bag.
Musey... I've been considering that same FB black bag!

Right now I have a black Coach- it's the signature so it's not leather. I have had it two years and it still looks to be in good shape, but I really think I should get a leather one. I just can't decide. I like the FB, but I also like the Juicy Couture small bowler. And well, I can't afford a Balenciaga, otherwise that is what I would get in a heartbeat.

loser.gif
L's for love.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Musey- I have that same FB bag in the greenish-grey color!! Love it!! I carry this bag normally during the week when shopping, running errands, etc.

I am such a handbag wh***, I think almost every one of my bags are over $500. Bags are my obsession!!! I am currently on the lookout for a cute clutch-type bag for going out at night when I dont want to use one of my oversize bags, which I love normally, but not for going out in the evening. Anyone have any suggestions?

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oops, sorry, double post!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 5:08:58 PM
Author: Dani
Musey- I have that same FB bag in the greenish-grey color!! Love it!! I carry this bag normally during the week when shopping, running errands, etc.

I am such a handbag wh***, I think almost every one of my bags are over $500. Bags are my obsession!!! I am currently on the lookout for a cute clutch-type bag for going out at night when I dont want to use one of my oversize bags, which I love normally, but not for going out in the evening. Anyone have any suggestions?
I LOVE this clutch...
Isabella Fiore in bronze. I like the tattoo-ish clutch too.

I love this bronze foldover from Nordstrom.

loser.gif
L's for love.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aldj,I used to carry very inexpensive bags too, and still have many of them. My most expensive used to be a THE SAK summer bag I got on clearance MANY moons ago. But my mother bought me my D&B Croco Large Black Hobo last year and I LOVE it, and have pretty much carried it everyday since. It''s held up PERFECTLY too, so I have to say it was a good deal.

I have 5 bags on my X-mas list this year as I want a new, brown, bag. And again they are in the 300 price range. Plus I REALLY want a Lauren Merkin metallic clutch and the one I want is (again) around $300. I don''t see myself spending more for a bag anytime soon, though.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I just got a new Chanel drawstring, black leather bag.
With tax, $2700.00. Before that, my most expensive bag
was around $400.00.

While I love this bag, it is hard as heck to find anything in it.
Everything ends up in a mess at the bottom. I bought a little
clip-on light at a Hallmark store, and that has helped some.
I''m thinking about ways to "organize".

Any ideas?

fansynancy

Shiny_Rock
While I have nice bags, I never had one this super nice (although I dream of someday owning a Kelly bag!)....

Ya know, I tried to put my name in for a Birkin and they wouldn''t even let me on the LIST!! I do have a few Judith Lieber''s though.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've had a tough time finding a bag I truely like. Seems like most styles are TOO big (with my build, the bigger bags would practically make me topple over!), but little bags are unrealistically undersized with all the misc. items I need to carry around, PLUS I need room for a water bottle and maybe a kid toy, so there is not much selection. My current bag was REALLY cheap (I'm not even going to say how cheap it was - lol), but that was because I was desperate for a simple bag for a trip I went on and the style works for me. (It's a Fossil one.)

Sometime soon, I would like to purchase a new daily bag, but my limit will be $400. Bags simply aren't "my thing," but I realize that certain styles can make or break an outfit, just as they can a checking account, so I should get a nicer one. My bigger obsession tends to be jeans and sweaters, which I do not hesitate to spend hundreds on, so I should jazz those up with a fancy bag
2.gif

ETA - Some of the simple leather Coach bags are my style. I like the bleecker ones. The problem is SO many women around my local have Coach purses and I like to maintain a bit of individuality. Does anyone know of any other designers who make similar purses?

Something similar to this:

http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=10161&category_id=1200

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Less than $100. It is a department store bag (dont remember which one), which looks good and is very practical as I have a toddler. At this stage of my life my bag can have half eaten apples, a collection of cars, drinks, sandwiches, tissues etc, so practical and cheap was the way to go. I cant afford to get to precious about this bag, as who knows what state it will be in at the end of the day.
19.gif

35.gif

D2B

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 5:08:58 PM
Author: Dani

Okay, I know you live in the US but couldn't resist a shout out for one of my fav designers:

http://www.olgaberg.com.au/olgaS08/Products.asp?Page=1&CategoryID=27

SO cute. And not at all expensive. There's an email if you want to shoot them a line to see if they'd post to the US (bet they would!). I am a total Oroton junkie-coveting their Swarovski clutch-bling bling!

ETA: the picture doesn't really capture how fab it looks in real life. Humph.

orotonclutch.jpg

couturequeen17

Rough_Rock
I love purses. They''re my addiction. I have seven Dooney & Bourke bags & 1 wallet and three Coach bags & two wallets. The Dooney bags range from $150-265 and the Coach bags from $260-400. I''m thinking of ordering a Balenciaga from Bluefly.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am carrying my newish Chanel bag every day. I love it!!
1.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 7:09:30 PM
Author: MC
I've had a tough time finding a bag I truely like. Seems like most styles are TOO big (with my build, the bigger bags would practically make me topple over!), but little bags are unrealistically undersized with all the misc. items I need to carry around, PLUS I need room for a water bottle and maybe a kid toy, so there is not much selection. My current bag was REALLY cheap (I'm not even going to say how cheap it was - lol), but that was because I was desperate for a simple bag for a trip I went on and the style works for me. (It's a Fossil one.)

Sometime soon, I would like to purchase a new daily bag, but my limit will be $400. Bags simply aren't 'my thing,' but I realize that certain styles can make or break an outfit, just as they can a checking account, so I should get a nicer one. My bigger obsession tends to be jeans and sweaters, which I do not hesitate to spend hundreds on, so I should jazz those up with a fancy bag
2.gif

ETA - Some of the simple leather Coach bags are my style. I like the bleecker ones. The problem is SO many women around my local have Coach purses and I like to maintain a bit of individuality. Does anyone know of any other designers who make similar purses?

Something similar to this:

http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=10161&category_id=1200
MC- try checking out some of the Banana Republic bags. They're stylish, well-made and don't break the bank. I have my eye on this one from the Bedford collection (it's under $200!):

bedford.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2007 1:18:25 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl

MC- try checking out some of the Banana Republic bags. They''re stylish, well-made and don''t break the bank. I have my eye on this one from the Bedford collection (it''s under $200!):
Charger - that is really cute! thanks for the suggestions. . .I bought my son some socks at Baby Gap today and got a 15% off coupon for BR, so maybe now is a great time to use it!
1.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 1:30:10 PM
Author: EBree
The one below is mine (but in dark brown leather), and we paid ~$200 from a woman who''d recently purchased it from a Coach outlet. It''s a great bag and a good price, I think. I don''t know that I''d spend much more.
I actually use this bag as my tote for work. This was a Coach outlet find for me, but I got it on sale for $150.

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
the purse i carry i got at tjmax for $12.99. it''s brown corduroy with pink and orange polka dots, and quite frankly it''s cute as hell
1.gif

i hope we can still be friends!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results