shape
carat
color
clarity

how much $$$ did you get as gifts on your wedding day?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I need to be from somewhere else!
23.gif
22.gif
I don''t think I''ll get very many monetary gifts, because physical gifts are definitely the norm here. But that''s fine because I''m definitely not expecting it or counting on it for anything.

My older sister doesn''t remember how much money she got for gifts because she got married about 10 years ago, but it definitely didn''t cover the costs of the reception. I definitely want a big party wedding so I don''t even give a care-I''m going to do it up regardless!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I can't remember our grand total... maybe $5000-ish? We got a lot of gifts off our registry rather than money, especially from our parents' generation. Friends from our generation tended to give money, and most couples gave between $200-$400. We are in the Northeast though, where a typical rule of thumb is to give a gift that is approximately equivalent to the cost of being a guest at the wedding. So if you're attending a wedding that presumably costs $150/head, you might give $300. Not sure why that is, just seems to be a common way of doing it around here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results