shape
carat
color
clarity

How much can you tell from small carat diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

belk2000

Rough_Rock
I am in the search for a diamond around .3 to .4 carat for a single diamond earring stud. I definetely want quality over size, as you can see, but how much difference can you see when you get this small in size? I'm looking at D to G color, SI1 to VVS1 clarity, and only Ideal cut/AGS000/H&A. But seriously, when looking at these things when they're in your ear, can you see the difference between a D color and a F, or a AGS000 and a Superbcert H&A?

Thanks for any input you would like to give.

aFatCat

Rough_Rock
For myself, I cant really tell a color difference between a D and a G once set (looking at 2 stones next to each other you can tell color difference.). I am just a regular consumer. And for clarity, i have a VS2 and cant see the inclusions with my naked-eye.

It depends on how good your eye is? some people can tell the diffence in D VS G. i cant.

is this stone for an earing or ring?

belk2000

Rough_Rock
Like I said, this diamond will be for a mens single earring stud. I'm just looking for any body with some experience on diamonds whether I should buy it preparing for a resale later or just for getting a good price and a decent quality diamond now. I don't really forsee that I'm going to sell it later, so I guess I shouldn't be so nitpicky of a D color to a G color when I can't tell the difference when its in a setting. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results