Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

How much can you tell from small carat diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

belk2000

Rough_Rock
I am in the search for a diamond around .3 to .4 carat for a single diamond earring stud. I definetely want quality over size, as you can see, but how much difference can you see when you get this small in size? I'm looking at D to G color, SI1 to VVS1 clarity, and only Ideal cut/AGS000/H&A. But seriously, when looking at these things when they're in your ear, can you see the difference between a D color and a F, or a AGS000 and a Superbcert H&A?

Thanks for any input you would like to give.

aFatCat

Rough_Rock
For myself, I cant really tell a color difference between a D and a G once set (looking at 2 stones next to each other you can tell color difference.). I am just a regular consumer. And for clarity, i have a VS2 and cant see the inclusions with my naked-eye.

It depends on how good your eye is? some people can tell the diffence in D VS G. i cant.

is this stone for an earing or ring?

belk2000

Rough_Rock
Like I said, this diamond will be for a mens single earring stud. I'm just looking for any body with some experience on diamonds whether I should buy it preparing for a resale later or just for getting a good price and a decent quality diamond now. I don't really forsee that I'm going to sell it later, so I guess I shouldn't be so nitpicky of a D color to a G color when I can't tell the difference when its in a setting. What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.