shape
carat
color
clarity

How many sodas do you have in a day--diet or regular?

How many do you drink per day?

• None, ever

Votes: 60 65.9%
  • 1-2 a day at most

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • 3-5 a day

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • 6+ a day

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like my Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper quite a bit. I didn't think of myself as being addicted because I don't usually crave it. I like the taste of it and counted the last couple days how many I have in a workday and I am rethinking this soda-addiction belief I have. In two days alone over the 16 hours at work, I have ingested a 32 oz Fountain Diet Coke (with caffeine) plus NINE MORE CANS of Caffeine Free Diet Coke / Diet Dr. Pepper! IN TWO DAYS. I rarely have soda at all at home, I have a few in the house that are caffeine free but rarely drink one unless we're having something like pizza or a burger for dinner (also rare). I will get it at a restaurant/on weekends from a fountain though.

I do drink a lot of water also, so it's not that I am living on soda. But wow. I may need to start leaving all but a couple cans outside of the fridge or something so that it's not all cold, since I prefer it cold from the fridge out of a can.

Anyone else drink soda? this much!?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I gave up soda in 2003...so about to hit 9 years in January! I stopped drinking it because it was cheaper to drink beer while I was in Europe. :bigsmile:

I'm really happy I gave it up. I loved my diet cokes though. ;( But my teeth and health are better for it, I'm sure. Definitely a hard habit to kick. I still sometimes crave the carbonation of coke after all these years. Nothing else comes close.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I average 1-2 a day. Some days I'll have zero, other days I'll have more (like if we're at a restaurant with free refills). I've given it up a few times without much struggle. But diet coke is just SO yummy. It's pretty much my only vice. I drink a ton of water as well, so I figure it's probably okay.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zero.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
One, if I'm lucky. And more than 8 glasses of water.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
There was no option for <1. I usually just take a few sips from DH's glass. I'd like to eliminate it altogether but I can't.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Around 3-4 liters is typical for me. So I guess between 100 and 130 ounces?

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I only have them when I eat out, and even then I usually order water instead. I would say I have about one per week. I hate the taste of aspartame so I never have diet. I have to laugh though because I find that female servers will assume I want diet until I tell them otherwise!

I used to drink 3 pepsi per day. It was just too much sugar and was affecting my general health. I stopped buying it about 5 years ago for that reason. Now I don't keep pop in the house. When people come over, they have the option of tea, water or beer. I suck with hospitality!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
I like the Blue Sky stevia sodas.

Have you tried the new Dr. Pepper 10 cal? SO likes them, and they're pretty good, they don't have that weird sweenter taste.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
ame|1319653708|3048127 said:
I do drink a lot of water also, so it's not that I am living on soda. But wow. I may need to start leaving all but a couple cans outside of the fridge or something so that it's not all cold, since I prefer it cold from the fridge out of a can.

I answered zero for the poll, since drinking soda is not part of my daily routine. However, I do generally get a meal if I go out to lunch at Subway, Wendy's, etc. so do have it sometimes. I do drink coffee, just one cup a day, and my doctor said caffeine is fine as long as I get enough other fluids and my sleep isn't disturbed.

If it makes you feel any better, drinking diet soda is pretty much equivalent to drinking water. The only reason I can think to cut down is for your teeth. :D

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely can't live without soda. Dr Pepper (regular) being my biggest craving. I have 1 or 2 every day. It's a habit I certainly wouldn't mind kicking, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I can't remember the last time I had a soda.

When we go out to eat, I order iced tea.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
... In two days alone over the 16 hours at work, I have ingested a 32 oz Fountain Diet Coke (with caffeine) plus NINE MORE CANS of Caffeine Free Diet Coke / Diet Dr. Pepper! IN TWO DAYS. ...

That is a lot! Fortunately, you also consume a good amount of water.
DH and I share a Pepsi (the real sugar, no HFCS kind) about two times each week, but I usually drink two to three super-rich hot cocoas per day. If I gave those up, I'd alternate between Pepsi and chocolate milkshakes in the afternoons.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have maybe one a month, if I happen to get a meal deal at a fast food joint (read: in'n'out burger!). When I was a kid, sodas were sort of a luxury item reserved for special occasions or church picnics, so I didn't grow ups with a soda habit.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Galateia|1319655964|3048152 said:
I like the Blue Sky stevia sodas.

Have you tried the new Dr. Pepper 10 cal? SO likes them, and they're pretty good, they don't have that weird sweenter taste.
I have tried it, it was a lot like Coke Zero and Pibb Zero to me, it tasted...weird. I dunno. I only really like DDP when it's from a can, actually. Most fountains are not calibrated or something is off and it tastes weird. Unless I am in Texas or something where all the fountains seem to have it right.

I have also had a few Blue Sky and ZEVIA stevia sodas and those are also ok. I like the Root Beer optiosn the best bec they taste the most "accurate".

I used to drink a sh!tload of iced tea, like 100+ oz a day, and rarely soda. But it was interfering with my sleep even drinking decaf so I cut it back and went back to soda, which I usually do caffeine free if possible.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
tsavvy|1319656812|3048166 said:
... In two days alone over the 16 hours at work, I have ingested a 32 oz Fountain Diet Coke (with caffeine) plus NINE MORE CANS of Caffeine Free Diet Coke / Diet Dr. Pepper! IN TWO DAYS. ...

That is a lot! Fortunately, you also consume a good amount of water.
DH and I share a Pepsi (the real sugar, no HFCS kind) about two times each week, but I usually drink two to three super-rich hot cocoas per day. If I gave those up, I'd alternate between Pepsi and chocolate milkshakes in the afternoons.
If I can find REAL coke, I will drink it, I guess it's considered Mexican coke or something, they make it with sugar there still. You can find it easily in Dallas I found, but here at home it's only at the Mexican and Latin American grocery stores and restaurants.

We have both done well with water intake. Unless I am seriously in a daze in the morning I try to have at least 16 oz of water before I let myself touch soda. If I took something to sleep and I am in robomode, then I need something to perk up.

audball

Ideal_Rock
I used to drink a lot. I gave it up in August of 2010 and haven't had a drop since.

Coca-cola was my vice. Not diet, the regular stuff. I consumed on average 1,000 calories a day in just soda - yeah, I know.

Over the course of the last year and a half, changing nothing else about my diet or excercise, I have managed to lose adn keep off 35 lbs from just kicking the habit.

Like T-Gal, sometimes I still crave it, but I've remained strong and abstained. I know it's not something that I can just enjoy occasionally, so I avoid it altogether. I order water at restaurants, occasionally I'll treat myself to a lemonade, but I don't drink anything carbonated anymore. I'm also not a coffee or tea drinker so the only caffeine I intake is from chocolate, hah.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I drink caffeine-free diet lemon/lime store brand soda a few times a week. I like the fizz!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I stopped drinking soda about 12 years ago. I'll have 2 or 3 a year, but only if I am dying for a caffeine fix and somewhere I can't get coffee or tea.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Answered Zero, but definitely <1. I ALWAYS carry a huge glass bottle of water, which I fill at home, with me, where ever I go.
But like others, only if I go out. So under once a month, I allow soda.
Sometimes if I order delivery, they bring a can. I usually prefer tea at home, so the soda ends up in my fridge for a prolonged period of time until I just throw it out. So really, only out.

I'd definitely start weening myself off if I were you, ESPECIALLY the diet stuff.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Diet Ginger Ale too, and regular if on a plane--it hasn't been working of late but it was my go-to mental "Im not gonna puke this time" remedy.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
wakingdreams53|1319658886|3048190 said:
Answered Zero, but definitely <1. I ALWAYS carry a huge glass bottle of water, which I fill at home, with me, where ever I go.
But like others, only if I go out. So under once a month, I allow soda.
Sometimes if I order delivery, they bring a can. I usually prefer tea at home, so the soda ends up in my fridge for a prolonged period of time until I just throw it out. So really, only out.

I'd definitely start weening myself off if I were you, ESPECIALLY the diet stuff.
I really need to. DH has done a great job of that. He would be in the less than one a week category for sure. I wish I could just drink water and tea again, I get so bored of water and even the mix-in stuff like crystal light.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love my Coca-Cola. LOVE.

I'd say I'd have 1-2 servings of it per week. We don't keep it in the house, so I only get it when I go out for dinner. I used to drink probably 1 per day, maybe more. I don't miss it as much as I thought I would, but sometimes, NOTHING beats an ice cold Coke. NOTHING!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never. I don't buy it, but once is a great while if we are out and one of my kids orders it, I will have a sip. That's pretty much it, though.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could put a Diet Coke IV line in my arm and I would be happy. I am trying to stop as I am worried about the phosphoric acid destroying my bones.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I voted "none - ever" but that's not exactly true. I might have a Coke once every three months or so, and I usually get halfway into it and wish I had gotten something else instead. I don't really like sweet drinks.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
A couple per year. I do drink lots and lots of water though.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Maybe one every two weeks? I will have one when we're out at a restaurant (which is almost never with a toddler!) but we don't keep it in the house. My husband used to drink 5+ cans a day but quit when he cleaned up his diet. He definitely had a caffeine addiction.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SO drinks TONS of soda.
While I don't buy it, I do love to steal a sip of his from time to time.
It's yummy.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I try to drink water mostly, but lately I've been having 1-2 cans of diet or caffeine free diet soda daily. My husband is very addicted to it, so we always have it in the fridge. I'm glad it's not regular soda, but it's still not a great habit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results