shape
carat
color
clarity

How many sodas do you have in a day--diet or regular?

How many do you drink per day?

• None, ever

Votes: 60 65.9%
  • 1-2 a day at most

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • 3-5 a day

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • 6+ a day

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may drink one every 2-3 weeks if I eat something that soda goes good with. They are just too sweet for me and I don't need the extra calories.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Maybe one or less per month? I don't know exactly, never really thought about it. I don't much care for it, but occasionally I'll grab a can with lunch at work or something. The only one I like is irn bru. I don't think you can get that outside of Scotland. When I was in the army, there was something close to mutiny in a Scottish regiment overseas - the Quartermaster had overlooked the need to bring irn bru and it did not go over well. You know how they say there's no actual cure for a hangover? Well, there is. Irn Bru. Only Scottish people know that. :bigsmile:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Almost never, but once in a while I have one when we eat out. I also like a rootbeer float one in a blue moon. Mmm, rootbeer float :lickout:

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer W|1319664351|3048241 said:
The only one I like is irn bru. I don't think you can get that outside of Scotland. When I was in the army, there was something close to mutiny in a Scottish regiment overseas - the Quartermaster had overlooked the need to bring irn bru and it did not go over well. You know how they say there's no actual cure for a hangover? Well, there is. Irn Bru. Only Scottish people know that. :bigsmile:

Jen, I have occasionally seen Irn Bru here in Oz. I think there are some ex-pats who ask for it and rightfully so- it's delicious :lickout: I first tried it on a Contiki tour when a few others were nursing their hangovers :lol:

Ame, I have one can (375ml) of regular Coke most days. I am well aware that is too much and cut down to one every other day for a while (still too much). I don't drink alcohol, so I think Coke is my replacement "come home and relax" drink.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
None. I don't drink caffeinated or carbonated beverages. Well, once in a while I'll have a beer if I'm out watching sports.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Echidna|1319665006|3048245 said:
The only one I like is irn bru. I don't think you can get that outside of Scotland. When I was in the army, there was something close to mutiny in a Scottish regiment overseas - the Quartermaster had overlooked the need to bring irn bru and it did not go over well. You know how they say there's no actual cure for a hangover? Well, there is. Irn Bru. Only Scottish people know that. :bigsmile:

Jen, I have occasionally seen Irn Bru here in Oz. I think there are some ex-pats who ask for it and rightfully so- it's delicious :lickout: I first tried it on a Contiki tour when a few others were nursing their hangovers :lol:

Ame, I have one can (375ml) of regular Coke most days. I am well aware that is too much and cut down to one every other day for a while (still too much). I don't drink alcohol, so I think Coke is my replacement "come home and relax" drink.

Ah, the Australian irn bru. It's a curiosity here - it tastes like irn bru, but different somehow. My parents brought some back from Australia for us all to marvel at... (we don't get out much, I think it's the weather). We should send each other a can, do a direct taste comparison.

There is nothing in the world like cold irn bru over ice on a hot day (ok, a slightly warm day, where you'd unfasten your duffel coat). As the advert says, it's fizzy, it's ginger, it's phenomenal....

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
The only time I drink soda is if we're out on the weekends and I feel like a regular Coke. Probably once or twice a month.

I do drink a cup of coffee every weekday morning, though. That's where I get my caffeine fix.

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I'm really surprised by how little soda people drink...
Up until about 6 weeks ago, I was drinking probably 5/day - I LOVE SODA. SO still drinks about that many and always has. I know I'm a bit young but my mother also has probably 2-3 a day. I think I am probably the only of my friends that doesn't drink it now.

I stopped because I read this horrible study (I know, I know) that basically said that soda, even diet (which was all i drank), encourages your body to store more fat from the other things you eat. Something about the chemicals and your metabolism - idk, there were some scary scientific words.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alistra|1319664410|3048242 said:
Almost never, but once in a while I have one when we eat out. I also like a rootbeer float one in a blue moon. Mmm, rootbeer float :lickout:

HUGE root beer float fan here!!! :wavey: Root beer isn't caffeinated, so it's a winning drink all around for me. If I'm drinking something with ice cream in it, I don't care about the soda calories. I only ever get a RBF from one specific place, though--they use homemade, hand-packed vanilla ice cream and it is just the best RBF you have ever tasted in your life. You can get one made with soft-serve, too, but it's NOT as good! I was craving a RBF this summer and I never got one...usually I have 1-2 every summer. :blackeye:

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I don't like the taste of soda, especially the aftertaste. I will stick with water and an occasional lemonade.

LittleRiver

Shiny_Rock
I voted none, but I will grab a Cherry Coke or Cherry Dr. Pepper (regular, not diet) once in a blue moon, usually when I'm up against a deadline at work.

My vice is flavored seltzer (black cherry or lime). I drink it all day long. I am pretty sure the carbonation is bad for me, but I'm afraid to confirm if that is true :errrr:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Coke Classic. I have an 8 oz bottle as a treat now and then.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Never. Well almost--I'll have the rare Orangina or Aranchiata.

cheers--Sharon

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband loves Coke. He'll have one a day. :errrr: I wish he would kick the pop habit.

I don't drink pop very often. Maybe one a month at most. When I want a carbonated beverage, I drink seltzer water. No sugar, artificial sweeteners, or calories!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LJL|1319666214|3048260 said:
Up until about 6 weeks ago, I was drinking probably 5/day - I LOVE SODA. SO still drinks about that many and always has. I know I'm a bit young but my mother also has probably 2-3 a day. I think I am probably the only of my friends that doesn't drink it now.

I stopped because I read this horrible study (I know, I know) that basically said that soda, even diet (which was all i drank), encourages your body to store more fat from the other things you eat. Something about the chemicals and your metabolism - idk, there were some scary scientific words.

I think it's the process of self-selection, honestly: I'm an unrepentant Diet Coke drinker (three a day or so), and I've done my research, and my husband the Ph.D. in chemical engineering has double-checked it for me, and I feel fine about that decision ... but I still feel like admitting it publicly is just begging for some good old-fashioned finger wagging. It's a judge-y society once we choose a scapegoat! I still remember it being the mid-eighties, when people were on a rampage about mouthwash containing carcinogens. I was a kid, and I remember FREAKING OUT HYSTERICALLY at my parents to stop using Listerine. They must have thought I was insane ....

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Circe|1319675454|3048340 said:

I think it's the process of self-selection, honestly: I'm an unrepentant Diet Coke drinker (three a day or so), and I've done my research, and my husband the Ph.D. in chemical engineering has double-checked it for me, and I feel fine about that decision ... but I still feel like admitting it publicly is just begging for some good old-fashioned finger wagging. It's a judge-y society once we choose a scapegoat! I still remember it being the mid-eighties, when people were on a rampage about mouthwash containing carcinogens. I was a kid, and I remember FREAKING OUT HYSTERICALLY at my parents to stop using Listerine. They must have thought I was insane ....
Circe, I think you're dead on here. My step-dad is a surgeon, educated at some of the best research hospitals in the country, and also an unrepentant soda drinker. Maybe it's killing me slowly, but I firmly believe none of the science we have available now points to that.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Probably one every two to three weeks or so. Love Dr Pepper!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
None. just water/tea/coconut water for me.

After I saw a vial of how much sugar is in soda I haven't been able to drink it often since then.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
MissStepcut|1319675725|3048342 said:

Circe, I think you're dead on here. My step-dad is a surgeon, educated at some of the best research hospitals in the country, and also an unrepentant soda drinker. Maybe it's killing me slowly, but I firmly believe none of the science we have available now points to that.

I never cared about the research bs but it was the amount of sugar in it that completely turned me off from it..

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zero.... Being from the south I will have a sweet tea maybe once a week but mostly water, milk or Red Wine! :naughty:

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
monarch64|1319666601|3048263 said:
Alistra|1319664410|3048242 said:

HUGE root beer float fan here!!! :wavey: Root beer isn't caffeinated, so it's a winning drink all around for me. If I'm drinking something with ice cream in it, I don't care about the soda calories. I only ever get a RBF from one specific place, though--they use homemade, hand-packed vanilla ice cream and it is just the best RBF you have ever tasted in your life. You can get one made with soft-serve, too, but it's NOT as good! I was craving a RBF this summer and I never got one...usually I have 1-2 every summer. :blackeye:

Mmm, your RBF sounds amazing! Now I totally want one, LOL! :naughty:

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1319676694|3048356 said:
I never cared about the research bs but it was the amount of sugar in it that completely turned me off from it..
Totally understand, I never drink my calories.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1319676603|3048353 said:
What is your favorite coconut water? I have tried a few, I actually like Zico original the best so far.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
ame|1319680841|3048399 said:
Autumnovember|1319676603|3048353 said:
What is your favorite coconut water? I have tried a few, I actually like Zico original the best so far.

Loooooooooooooooooooove Real Taste Nirvana most....I get the pulp kind with the pieces of coconut in there :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hm that's one I don't know about. Is that from Whole Paycheck or Central Market or just anywhere? We only have a few random brands here, probably though the more mainstream ones. Id LOVE the pulp.

tuffyluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Diet soda scares me because it's so full of chemicals... but I truly love it. My guy loves Coke Zero and we often have it in the house and I drink it sometimes. I had two when I was hungover on Sunday, but I would say I average 1 diet soda every week or two. I feel guilty about drinking my calories too--and I would rather save the calories for a cocktail or dessert, so I rarely drink regular soda. Maybe one or two a year and it's ususally in a coke or rootbeer float :love:

I am a flavored sparkling water addict--I love the orange essence. It tastes like orange crush to me (which I looooove). I will often mix in a little juice or unsweetened cranberry juice with a packet of stevia. Low in calories, natural and loaded with antioxidants.

I loooove coconut water too! I like Zico and the pulpy mexican kind. Chocolate flavored zico is pretty amazingggg. it's like less sweet, dark chocolate Yoohoo :rodent:

Mrs.W 514

Brilliant_Rock
almost never.
the only time I drink soda is when it has cranberry, lime and vodka in it :naughty: so like once every 2 months (I don't really like vodka)
Coke is pretty much the worst taste in the world to me and it will dissolve pennies yikes!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer W|1319665690|3048253 said:
Echidna|1319665006|3048245 said:

Ah, the Australian irn bru. It's a curiosity here - it tastes like irn bru, but different somehow. My parents brought some back from Australia for us all to marvel at... (we don't get out much, I think it's the weather). We should send each other a can, do a direct taste comparison.

There is nothing in the world like cold irn bru over ice on a hot day (ok, a slightly warm day, where you'd unfasten your duffel coat). As the advert says, it's fizzy, it's ginger, it's phenomenal....

Really?!?! I had no idea that we have imposter Irn Bru! I don't think I've had any here, just in Scotland, so now I have to hunt some down and test this out. I wonder if it's the water we use here versus there? I'm up for your exchange :bigsmile:

The other international delicacy I like is L&P from New Zealand. Delicious :lickout:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1319676694|3048356 said:
MissStepcut|1319675725|3048342 said:

Yes...and I think the aspartame in diet is just as bad! I love the taste of Diet Coke but I worry about the aspartame.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I'm generally a 1-2 a day person but I've given it up for now and I'm focusing on upping my water intake. We will see how long I last. I did it about ten years ago and made it six months before I caved. I love diet coke, so it's hard!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results