shape
carat
color
clarity

How Many People Got Engaged

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I haven't been keeping track, but one of my sorority sisters got engaged a couple days ago and it was one of the cutest ones I have seen. She and FI did the 12 days of Christmas and got gifts each day...their last few days they went on a trip to NYC and he proposed with a gorgeous emerald diamond with a twist shank for the last day!

I think I will have to keep track starting now til next Christmas, given what SO told me recently... :errrr:

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Thank goodness for me there has only been 1 new proposal. And, it was a girl who is on her 2nd engagement in 2 years. & both times were because she was pregnant. I think she found true love this time, so I'm happy for her.

I still have absolutely no idea when my SO will propose. I've actually stopped anticipating it now. Don't even paint my nails like I used to. I think he wants that so I can be really surprised, well--- it's working. Sigh.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CaprineSun|1355087720|3327015 said:
Thank goodness for me there has only been 1 new proposal. And, it was a girl who is on her 2nd engagement in 2 years. & both times were because she was pregnant. I think she found true love this time, so I'm happy for her.

I still have absolutely no idea when my SO will propose. I've actually stopped anticipating it now. Don't even paint my nails like I used to. I think he wants that so I can be really surprised, well--- it's working. Sigh.

Aw, I'm sorry CS, you sound sad. Reframe that thought! You're keeping your mind active elsewhere, and not thinking about it 24/7, and you will be pleasantly surprised :love:

audball

Ideal_Rock
pandabee|1355086167|3326987 said:
I haven't been keeping track, but one of my sorority sisters got engaged a couple days ago and it was one of the cutest ones I have seen. She and FI did the 12 days of Christmas and got gifts each day...their last few days they went on a trip to NYC and he proposed with a gorgeous emerald diamond with a twist shank for the last day!

I think I will have to keep track starting now til next Christmas, given what SO told me recently... :errrr:
Squee! You so need to get clarification as to whether or not he meant engagement or marriage a year from now! Because marriage means sparkly SOON!

audball

Ideal_Rock
CaprineSun|1355087720|3327015 said:

Well that's certainly nothing to be jealous of...

I hope you're able to ride out the funk! I hope he's got something wonderful planned for SOON! It's so hard to wait, especially this time of year. *hugs* I can't wait to see real handshots of your ring!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, ladies. I'm trying to keep my mind off it to allow myself a great surprise proposal. But knowing the ring is there makes me want it now. lol

@ audball: yeah, definitely not jealous. She was engaged to both guys after being with them for about a year & getting pregnant. So, being on FB hasn't been bad yet. Probably around Christmas.

I know my SO loves me and wants to plan something. I think me always catching him in a lie for his plans has delayed it, though. He always has to change his plans afterwards and come up with something new. It's my fault for teasing him that he can't lie to me or surprise me. I've decided to be purposefully oblivious to all things from now on. The less I know, the sooner it will happen, and I can FINALLY have my sparkly on my finger where it belongs!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CaprineSun|1355186075|3328076 said:
I know my SO loves me and wants to plan something. I think me always catching him in a lie for his plans has delayed it, though. He always has to change his plans afterwards and come up with something new. It's my fault for teasing him that he can't lie to me or surprise me. I've decided to be purposefully oblivious to all things from now on. The less I know, the sooner it will happen, and I can FINALLY have my sparkly on my finger where it belongs!

I could have written alladat.

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1355211286|3328324 said:
CaprineSun|1355186075|3328076 said:

I could have written alladat.
Hugs ladies! I hope you can play the oblivious role and get your bling SOON!

audball

Ideal_Rock
And two happened in the last couple days. I'm up to 20 engagements in the last 3ish months. Sheesh.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
audball|1355697313|3332941 said:
And two happened in the last couple days. I'm up to 20 engagements in the last 3ish months. Sheesh.

:/ maybe you should restart your count haha. I am starting my count (since we had the talk)...on 2 now!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I refuse to count, I might start bawling. I've seen engagements happen with people my age and older, but this year was the first year that people younger than me are getting engaged!! Eek. Not counting, not counting, not counting!

audball

Ideal_Rock
pandabee|1355708989|3333061 said:
audball|1355697313|3332941 said:

:/ maybe you should restart your count haha. I am starting my count (since we had the talk)...on 2 now!
Haha, not restarting! Hopefully I won't be counting much longer...

boysenberry

Rough_Rock
I totally jinxed myself - I hadn't seen any other engagements last week and thought I had the week to myself :naughty: but then like three people got engaged over the weekend. Not gonna complain though, I am very happy, even if some fb friends' reactions were probably "ugh another one..." :p

Lots of dust to you all!!!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Saw a pregnancy announcement on FB over SO's shoulder.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chewbacca|1355793485|3333936 said:

I can't say I'm too jealous of that one :lol: I'm very glad not to be expecting!

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1355803750|3334040 said:

I can't say I'm too jealous of that one :lol: I'm very glad not to be expecting!
Yeah...me neither. I'm so far from wanting to be pregnant that I can truthfully be elated for those who post those things!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1355803750|3334040 said:

Same here. No jealousy there! lol
We went to the city yesterday to Christkindlmarket (lots of pickles!!!), and there was a lady that got on the train with an infant that was fussing. M and I just look at each other like, "oh no!" Luckily, she got off after three stops. I was afraid it was going to be a very long ride!

Anyway, later that night, after stumbling across an old acquaintance's FB page (she's prego), M said to me "What are you doing looking at pregnant things?! Don't you know it goes 'plant, fish, puppy?' And that's all!" I busted out laughing, and to top it off, he goes "Do you wanna be the lady on the Metra that gets kicked off the train because her kid is fussing?" (of course, she voluntarily got off, but it was still funny). I love him. :razz:

In engagement news, let me just say, I'm a fb "fan" of Engagement 101 magazine, and there have been NONSTOP updates about engagements. It's seriously starting to crush me. I might have to hide updates from them until after the holidays. The latest update they posted about two minutes ago, shows a girl's ring that is pretty identical to the band I want. Her stone is round, but still. It's all too close to what I want. :blackeye:

We are going to his aunt's holiday party tonight, tomorrow morning is brunch with my parents, Christmas Eve is at his other aunt's house, Christmas day we are going to my mom's for the morning, New Year's Eve is his parents' Christmas party, and then my aunt's holiday party is in a few weeks. :errrr: :loopy:
I am so dreading the inevitable question that's going to come from everyone (especially once they're all sloshed).
This is going to be horrendous.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
sorry to hear that many ppl are getting engaged and you are still waiting.......

if i could rouse up/ put a fire cracker up your SO's for you i would.... sprinkling blinging dust over the CHRISTMAS holidays.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I like this guy. :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
MBKRH|1356268908|3338478 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I like this guy. :appl:

Ditto!! :appl: :wavey:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three on my FB in the last week. I'm sure that # will go up within the next week.

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1356381501|3339269 said:
Three on my FB in the last week. I'm sure that # will go up within the next week.

*hugs*

I think I'm going to boycott FB until January 4th-ish. :cry:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MBKRH|1356381751|3339275 said:

*hugs*

Oh, I'd love to. Esp now. +1 to my count. But I think I'm masochistic. I like searching for them to torture myself with.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1356403188|3339406 said:
MBKRH|1356381751|3339275 said:

*hugs*

Oh, I'd love to. Esp now. +1 to my count. But I think I'm masochistic. I like searching for them to torture myself with.

+1 again!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I was good all day (only saw one girl post a ring but it was a promise ring..they've been dating for over 3 years so I thought it was a little odd but to each their own) and then this evening I saw 2 within an hour of each other. :errrr:

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
2 here as well. that brings me up to 6 since i started counting a 1 1/2 weeks ago!

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Just found out two of M's cousins that will be at his family holiday party on Monday got engaged within the last three weeks. They're both younger than me- slightly, and been dating about as long as M and I.

Fab-u-list-ic-f*ck-ing-tastic. :angryfire:

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Only one Christmas engagement on my FB this year.

misscuppycake

Shiny_Rock
This holiday season, my Facebook was barfing up one engagement after another! :lol:

I think it was 10 couples in December alone! Crazy.

misscuppycake

Shiny_Rock
This holiday season, my Facebook was barfing up one engagement after another! :lol:

I think it was 10 couples in December alone! Crazy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results