shape
carat
color
clarity

How many pairs of earrings do you have?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza! So many of you have such a lot of earrings! If I'd known, I'd have created a poll. How do those of you that have dozens/hundreds decide what to wear? :confused: :))

I have 3 pairs of diamond earrings right now and several of Tahitian and SS pearls; used to have tons of dangly YG ones too. However, I wear my BGD studs practically on a daily basis and am trying to decide how and where to wear the others - seem such a shame to have them languishing around. Also, I recently culled my jewellery pieces esp earrings (gave them away or sold them/ put them on consignment) and yet I've already started lusting after some others. Glad to see I'm not the only one with an earring obsession, ha ha! :bigsmile:

It's so interesting reading all these replies. Love the pics too. They all look amazing! Keep them coming, ladies.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1314467635|3001714 said:
After my hubby got up, I decided to go and count the earrings. 110 total. Here is a photo ms. Phoenix

Wowza!! :appl:

You're a girl after my own heart!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HollyS|1314474266|3001884 said:
I have far too many earrings, only because I wear the same dozen over and over again. The rest languish in jewelry boxes.

I do not usually wear 'fine jewelry' earrings like diamonds or other stones. Nor do I wear a lot of gold; sterling is cheaper than WG for the look, and I wear much less YG than I used to. However, I love YG and rose gold, and if I could afford to spend right now, I might be seriously tempted to invest in rose gold pieces.

Most of my earrings are chosen because they are interesting, unique, go well with a specific clothing item, etc. I do not wear studs or huggies or tiny hoops. I'm not a 'wear a necklace everyday' person, so I tend to draw interest to my face with earrings; tiny ones would not serve this purpose.

If I'm wearing costume, I try not to attempt a 'real' look - - because it just looks like I can't afford real. If you wear obvious costume, it's all about the design and style - - not the fake factor. Costume jewelry used to be worn by the most elegant of women (think the 1940s through the 1960s); even Jackie Kennedy had her favorite pieces (like her glass pearls).

My favorite pieces are either completely classic (simple SS earrings), or romantic in an antique/vintage/ethnic inspired design. I'm not into big, clunky, mod, or trendy. I don't wear plastic, rhinestone, feathers, etc.

I would totally wear these:
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=510602&CategoryID=55287&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3D2028%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D11
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=427383&CategoryID=55287&LinkType=#fn=BRAND%3DMonet%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D59
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=585383&CategoryID=10835&LinkType=#fn=METAL%3DSterling%20Silver%26sp%3D2%26spc%3D458
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=549141&CategoryID=10835&LinkType=#fn=METAL%3DSterling%20Silver%26sp%3D6%26spc%3D458
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=587636&CategoryID=10835&LinkType=#fn=METAL%3DSterling%20Silver%26sp%3D1%26spc%3D458
And these look pretty good for fakes, don't they?
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=571174&CategoryID=10835&LinkType=#fn=METAL%3DSterling%20Silver%26sp%3D4%26spc%3D458
These would have been perfect with my Edwardian-style wedding dress:
http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=309205&CategoryID=55287&LinkType=#fn=EARRINGS_STYLE%3DDrop%26sp%3D6%26spc%3D540

Thanks for posting the links and pic. Those are very really lovely, esp the last pair.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
klop1986|1314494995|3002864 said:
can I count all of the one I bought for my girlfriend?

Yes, absolutely.

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
Too many to count. Maybe 20. I usually wear about 3-4 pairs, though, so I'm not sure why I keep the rest. :confused:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd say about 16 total. I have...

2 pairs of plain gold hoops I sometimes wear together (largest in my bottom lobe piercing, smaller hoops the next holes up, then tiny gold ball studs in the top piercings)

Two pairs of small gold studs, (one stud which I wear in the top of my ear so I always have a spare!)

A small pair of Oprah-esque pear and baguette CZ drops in yellow gold

A pair of .30ctw bezel diamond studs in yellow gold

2 pairs of diamond huggies from DH

A pair of yellow citrine martini studs in white gold diamond halo jackets

My 1.10ctw martini studs from Whiteflash

About half a dozen pairs of costume/rhinestone drop earrings and a pair of crystal studs that look like disco balls

3 or 4 pairs of coloured stone piercing studs from the chemist

Of these I rarely go past my WF studs and my citrine studs with their halos. For travel I wear the two pairs of hoops and studs combo. I can't wear ornate earrings to work, so I can't really see any reason to buy them, though I do love me a nice pair of diamond chandelier earrings :love:

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't bother to count them all, most of them are cheapie junk earrings I just need to throw out.

The ones I wear the most I'll post a pic of,

-heart of water lotus studs with colorless zircon
-sterling silver hydrangea earrings from Patrick Irla (on etsy and in a town not too far from mine)
-16 gauge swirl earrings from Ann Madland
-two sets of pearl studs, 6mm and 9mm... I think, lol

zoo 142.JPG

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1314498081|3003129 said:
HollyS|1314474266|3001884 said:
I have far too many earrings, only because I wear the same dozen over and over again. The rest languish in jewelry boxes.

I do not usually wear 'fine jewelry' earrings like diamonds or other stones. Nor do I wear a lot of gold; sterling is cheaper than WG for the look, and I wear much less YG than I used to. However, I love YG and rose gold, and if I could afford to spend right now, I might be seriously tempted to invest in rose gold pieces.

Most of my earrings are chosen because they are interesting, unique, go well with a specific clothing item, etc. I do not wear studs or huggies or tiny hoops. I'm not a 'wear a necklace everyday' person, so I tend to draw interest to my face with earrings; tiny ones would not serve this purpose.

If I'm wearing costume, I try not to attempt a 'real' look - - because it just looks like I can't afford real. If you wear obvious costume, it's all about the design and style - - not the fake factor. Costume jewelry used to be worn by the most elegant of women (think the 1940s through the 1960s); even Jackie Kennedy had her favorite pieces (like her glass pearls).

My favorite pieces are either completely classic (simple SS earrings), or romantic in an antique/vintage/ethnic inspired design. I'm not into big, clunky, mod, or trendy. I don't wear plastic, rhinestone, feathers, etc.

I would totally wear these:
.... LinkType=#fn=EARRINGS_STYLE%3DDrop%26sp%3D6%26spc%3D540

Holly, I love the pic you posted! Do you have a link to those, by any chance?

The photos in the second post were all from Dillard's online. Dillard's is a department store here in Texas. But you can purchase from them online at www.dillards.com

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
27 gold and/or diamonds. about 5 pair of diamond studs, several pair of dangles with diamonds, and about 5 or so without diamonds, some hoops (a couple pairs each with and without diamonds), a couple pairs of cz's, and a couple pairs of pearls. I've also got 7 pair that are either costume or sterling (lumped into the same category because both hurt my ears, and I can't wear them for long). I really need to get rid of some of these though, I hardly ever wear anything besides my studs, and I've been longing for an upgraded pair.

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
I have 4 pair of earrings.

.50 diamond studs
1.00 carat diamond studs
Rose gold hearts
Small white gold huggies

I almost always just wear the diamond studs they are comfortable and go with everything!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
none!but one of the coolest jewelry related things i ever did see was meeting a man in Hawaii who was in his 80s, had the whitest long hair Ive ever seen and was wearing a pair of antique jade and yellow gold stud earrings. they where the brightest green imperial grade jade cabochons Ive ever seen and he said that they were handed down through his family for generations. so cool!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results