shape
carat
color
clarity

HOW MANY OF YOU THINK GETTING ENGAGED IS A FAD?

DO YOU THINK GETTING ENGAGED IS A FAD?

• YES, SO MANY GIRLS JUST WANT TO GET A DIAMOND AND CLAIM THEIR MAN

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • NO, I DON''T BELIEVE THAT.

• YES AND I ALSO NOTICE HOW FAST THEY BOOK HALLS AND GET THEIR DRESSES - THE FIRST WEEK!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitediamonds

Rough_Rock
So many girls just want to be engaged! They just want a ring on their finger and are relentless!

What do yall think?

Take My POLL!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deleted answer. . .lol - I thought you were a guy so I wrote a funny reply, but I just looked and it seems you are a girl
9.gif
so my response didn't apply!

Michelle

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Hey, whitediamonds, you're posting a lot of polls that are hard to answer.

To make them more effective, try to think through the choices a bit more. Make sure that the choices you give are either-or, and that they're as complete as possible.

For example, let's take your poll about imitation diamonds. The choices you gave were:

1. Yes, I wear a cz to work and tell everyone it's real.
2. No, I wear a real diamond.
3. I know someone who wears their $12,000 to work.

One problem is, it's easy to imagine someone taking the poll who wears a cz to work AND wears a real diamond AND knows someone who wears expensive jewelry. So what should she answer? She can only check one box.

Also, you left out several important choices. Many people wear CZs and tell people they're CZs. Some people even wear real diamonds and say they're fake. Some people mix and match. You don't have any choices that show these possibilities.

And what's the question about $12,000 doing there? That one's kind of coming out of left field. What about people who know someone who wears her $15,000 diamond to work--should she check this box or not?

In the current poll, you have three answers that are all sort of variations on "yes"--the first choice and the last two--and one answer that's "no." For the poll to actually tell you anything, you should have one clear yes, one clear no, and maybe a maybe. Otherwise nobody will know how to answer.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im not taking your poll untill you read my faq.
faq

Read the first one about the caps lock key then read about annoying polls.
It is 7 G

The caps lock key is under the tab key.
Please remove the caps lock key from your keyboard after making sure it is in the off postion.

Thank you.

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not taking the poll because the answers have nothing to do with the question. In fact, the answers make no sense to me
confused.gif
and seem to have a biting and angry tone to them.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The poll function can be a dangerous tool...
errrr.gif

Of course getting engaged is not a fad...if so, it's a fad that has lasted many generations.

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Well I think it's something none of us can afford to jump into..

I am speaking from experience...

I think I see a little where you are coming from in your poll, but you might need some more options that are not so biased for your anwers..
21.gif

I have seen women who try to force a marriage on a guy..

I have seen this with a couple of my friends and warn them all..

I'm sure it's not just with women, it's just my male perspective..
21.gif

My advice to those who are not comfortable is not to be talked into it if you are not comfortable or have not had ample time to get to know the other person...
9.gif

Sometimes we all put rose tinted glasses on and might see things as we hope they will be rather than seeing things for what they are and this includes what does and doesn't exist in a relationship...

There should be no pressure on either party..Something that is talked about and with 2 people having a good sense of their priorities is a good start
wavey.gif

Just my 2 cents..

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure that this is the best forum for a lot of your polls, since this is a site about diamonds. Most of us here are shopping (or have shopped) for diamonds and much of the time it's for an engagement, wedding or anniversary. That's not to say that every purchase is for that purpose, but a LOT of them are! From your other posts, it sounds like you are looking for something very specific. Maybe take a bit of time and go through the Pricescope FAQ and go through the information on the Good Old Gold website. That will answer a lot of your questions. You can also look on the "Recycled Questions" forum and search through previous posts. Good luck, and I hope that you find what you are looking for.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/4/2004 1:04:41 AM icelady wrote:

I'm not taking the poll because the answers have nothing to do with the question. In fact, the answers make no sense to me
confused.gif
and seem to have a biting and angry tone to them.

----------------

I thought so too! In fact, this is why I was answered sarcastically thinking WhiteDiamonds is a guy (and then had to delete that post when I realized I was wrong). . .it makes no sense to me why a woman would be thinking along these lines!

Michelle

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
. .it makes no sense to me why a woman would be thinking along these lines!

Michelle
----------------

I'm not so sure. But recently, I was talking to my niece. She had been ring shopping with a friend (girl who was looking at engagement rings). I asked if the boyfriend was in the market. She said "No. I think so & so is just obsessed with the romantic notion of getting *the* ring." I did know girls who were like that in college. Maybe that is where the sentiment is coming from - but I dunno.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not so sure. But recently, I was talking to my niece. She had been ring shopping with a friend (girl who was looking at engagement rings). I asked if the boyfriend was in the market. She said 'No. I think so & so is just obsessed with the romantic notion of getting *the* ring.' I did know girls who were like that in college. Maybe that is where the sentiment is coming from - but I dunno.
----------------

Yeah, this makes sense, what you're saying F&I. I guess what puzzles me a bit is that this girl is posting a poll which emplies such a negetive sentitiment to becoming engaged and yet is looking for a diamond too! Just seems odd to me and a bit contradictory.

Michelle

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
The polls just don't make alot of sense, the answers are random. When I post a poll, I actually sit down and map out all the answers and try to cover all the bases. You inevitably miss one or two, but the answers are completely random here..I mean who cares if someone picks out the hall or dress after a week of being engaged, some girls know what they want and are really excited. As for women pushing men into engagement, that has nothing to do with it being a FAD. Truly odd.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/4/2004 2:03:47 PM Mara wrote:

I mean who cares if someone picks out the hall or dress after a week of being engaged, ----------------
Actually, almost every woman I know starts in on these things RIGHT away......because locations book up nearly a year in advance, and the dress is very important. I think most people start right in on planning after becoming engaged. To me, that's normal.....I don't think that means the engagement is a *fad*.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I keep thinking..."gettin' crazy with the Cheez Whiz"...and I don't know why.

Relp.
9.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/4/2004 2:58:22 PM canadiangrrl wrote:

I keep thinking...'gettin' crazy with the Cheez Whiz'...and I don't know why.

Relp.
9.gif

----------------

I keep thinking of getting crazy with Reddi Whip. Both can be kinda kinky!
11.gif

1/4/2004 1:16:23 PM Posted by fire&ice:
I did know girls who were like that in college. Maybe that is where the sentiment is coming from - but I dunno.

I knew women like that in college. One gal boasted she was in Nursing School so she could marry a doctor. Her career choice had nothing to do with helping sick people. She felt it was the easiest way to meet and marry a doctor. We would snicker that those types were working on their MRS degrees.
9.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
PQ, you vixeny wench you.
11.gif
Honey also works well for that kind of thing provided you don't

Never mind.
9.gif

I know lotsa chicks who forced the issue, and an equal number of guys who either caved or balked. Not a good way to deal, IMO. Que sera, sera...whatever will be, will be...

Canadiangrrl, having a moment of Zen (with apologies to Jon Stewart)
1.gif

Edited to add - Lovely avatar, BTW. Liv Tyler is in my Hall Of Fame of gorgeous women.
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 1/4/2004 3:32:49 PM canadiangrrl wrote:

Edited to add - Lovely avatar, BTW. Liv Tyler is in my Hall Of Fame of gorgeous women.
1.gif

----------------

HA! Shows you what I know (or more accurately....what I DON'T know).........

I thought this was a pic of PQ's daughter!

LMAO!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
I wish! AL! HeeHee! She's one of my faves too CG!
3.gif

The kids are into LOTR's. Daughter found a website where they have posters. I wanted Arwen partly because the actress is really beautiful and I am a woman, and partly for our now passed Lady.

Hubby is a Tolkien freak. The Hobbit and the Trilogy were must reads for me when we got married. I so enjoyed them that we began naming things after characters. Our first car was Bilbo. We had a tractor named Dane Ironfoot. When we adopted our cats, we named the female Arwen and the tom Mithrandir.

Arwen was a long hair, black and white, Tuxedo. She was lively and quite the hostess. She would greet company when people came to visit. She died 3 years ago, at the age of 14 and a half, from Chronic Renal Failure.
15.gif
Mithrandir is still with us and spoiled rotten.
2.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
The poll struck me as weird too. It's so individual. i am sure there are some girls who are more in love with the idea of marriage and rings/dresses/weddings than the guy but this is nothing new or faddish.

Anyway, speaking of Cheese Wiz, try this:

Take regular triscut crackers and put a healthy teaspoon of Cheese Wiz on each and then stick a green pimento stuffed olive in each cracker, right in the Wiz. Spread the crackers on an ungreased cookie sheet and put under the broiler for about 5 min., or until the "cheese" starts to brown and gets bubbly....watch them becasue it's one of those things (like garlic bread) that will "turn and burn" on you in a millisecond.

Last time I made these i asked the guy in the food store where the Cheese Whiz was and he looked at me like I had 6 heads and said 'Lady, you're the only one interested in that stuff."

9.gif

jqwest

Rough_Rock
Mara
14.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/4/2004 11:05:42 PM pqcollectibles wrote:

Hubby is a Tolkien freak. The Hobbit and the Trilogy were must reads for me when we got married.

Arwen was a long hair, black and white, Tuxedo. She was lively and quite the hostess. She would greet company when people came to visit. She died 3 years ago, at the age of 14 and a half, from Chronic Renal Failure.
15.gif
Mithrandir is still with us and spoiled rotten.
2.gif
----------------

My hubby is also. You are a better women than I. I never read them. Not my style.

BTW, I will pass on this wisdom from my vet. When asked about putting my ol' gal dog of 10 years on senior food, she replied "The switch is MUCH more important for cats." Her explaination was that most cats die from renal failure. Something about taking too much water for the digestion of high protien food that isn't good for their kidneys. So, if you don't already know, you may want to consider asking the vet for protocol on what food to use when.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/5/2004 10:55:55 AM fire&ice wrote:

----------------
When asked about putting my ol' gal dog of 10 years on senior food, she replied 'The switch is MUCH more important for cats.' Her explaination was that most cats die from renal failure. Something about taking too much water for the digestion of high protien food that isn't good for their kidneys.
----------------

Wow - didn't know that, but good to know. I've never owned cats until I moved in with Rich, but his cats are about 7-8 years old now, so good information. Thanks!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/5/2004 12:27:42 PM aljdewey wrote:

----------------
On 1/5/2004 10:55:55 AM fire&ice wrote:

Wow - didn't know that, but good to know. I've never owned cats until I moved in with Rich, but his cats are about 7-8 years old now, so good information. Thanks!----------------

I didn't either until after one of my babies died from it.
cry.gif
BTW, the vet said cats are senior around 8-10. So, you may want to inquire.

Now, if whitediamonds will ever explain the meaning behind the poll.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
My little man, Tristan (show here in a festive spirit) passed away at the age of 13 this past April, from chronic renal failure as a result of diabetes. My heart was broken in two.
sad.gif

There's a ton of info on the web about high-protein diets for cats. Do a Google search on diabetic cats for some good dietary guidelines. PLEASE DO IT IF YOU HAVE A SENIOR CAT. And please don't feed your cats dry food - particularly if they are 7+ in years. It should be canned, and high protein. Unlike dogs, cats are true carnivores and can't adequately digest a lot of complex carbs. If I had known then what I know now, I could have prevented a lot of Tristan's suffering, and saved myself at least a thousand dollars.

tristan1.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Fire & Ice wrote: BTW, the vet said cats are senior around 8-10. So, you may want to inquire. -----------

YIKES....guess I better find out more on this next check-up then.

I've only ever owned dogs, and my recollection was they were senior at about 10 years. My last dog had to go on a food for heart disease when she was 10.

My current dog needs to go on the "anti-troublemaker" version...hehheeeee

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 1/5/2004 1:07:28 PM canadiangrrl wrote:

My little man, Tristan (show here in a festive spirit) passed away at the age of 13 this past April, from chronic renal failure as a result of diabetes. My heart was broken in two.
sad.gif

--

It's amazing how attached we get to our critters. What a cutie!

The vet said that a cat's diet is more important than a dogs. And, it had something to do w/ the processing of food that was especially hard on the kidneys.

That's interesting about the canned food. YOur not the first one I heard that from. Our kitty that died of renal failure lived to be 17 years. She ate the hard food; but, had bad teeth so we would feed her canned food. She really didn't have any symptoms of renal failure until the very end. She would have serious senior moments where she would just meow. Any symptoms we saw was attributed to old age. Though my friends vet had her cat on "Select Care - modified for nutrional managment of renal failure". I will have to ask her if the vet said to mix in w/ canned food because it didn't work.

I tried to start a thread about "things to know about pets" but didn't get much response. For example, feed your dog that Mcyd's burger plain. Dogs are allergic to onions. Some are more sensitive than others. A dog can die from ingesting onions. Same true about chocolate.

Al, I don't think there is anything you can do about the "Devil Dogs". But, there is always doggie prosac. No lie - I was joking w/ my vet about my dog that *needs* therapy. She said that she does percribe it to dogs that are so manic that they ruin the house.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
*********Al, I don't think there is anything you can do about the 'Devil Dogs'. But, there is always doggie prosac. No lie - I was joking w/ my vet about my dog that *needs* therapy. She said that she does percribe it to dogs that are so manic that they ruin the house.********

Actually, I'm VERY fortunate - Nicky is a gem, and he's not destructive (other than his total love of shredding stray paper towels into tiny little bits!)

He's just "enthusiastic".....he "talks" at me and at Rich if he feels he's being ignored....and he'll go over and pull on the blanket or some other thing just to get attention and be mischevious. When he's revved, he does the "toro"...scraping his front paw on the floor like a bull....to wind up us. He's quite the comic, my Nicky.

When I tell him it's too late to bark and to be quiet....he looks RIGHT at me and woofs! Fresh!

He's priceless, and I wouldn't change him for the world....but LORD, you can tell he's a BOY.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Al, we saw some Shelties about a week and a half ago.
1.gif
We will be getting a GSD next spring/summer, so we paid a visit to our breeder of choice, who breeds not only GSD but Shelties, too. They were completely adorable.
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

I got to cuddle some 5 1/2 week old GSD pups. Pure bliss.
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Count me as one of those who finds the poll choices a bit too odd to answer.

I'm not going to go too much into cat feeding, since it's one area I have strong feelings about. I feed my cats a raw food diet, so that speaks to what a fanatic I am!

I looove Shelties. Growing up, my next door neighbor had a Sheltie and it was just the dearest thing.

Speaking of destructive animals, there was the saddest article in the latest New Yorker about an owner's efforts for her very mentally-disturbed dog. If you're a pet lover, beware, 'cause I got quite teary when reading it!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
CG, how AWESOME......I dunno, there is just NOTHING like a sheltie puppy to me. I LOVE them.

That's awesome that you've found a breeder you'll be able to worth with for your new GSD. They are bee-a-yooooootiful dogs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results