shape
carat
color
clarity

How many learned about H&A through pricescope?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know almost everyone here on PS ended up with an H&A or Ideal cut diamond. Do you think you would have ended up with an H&A if you never found pricescope?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I doubt I would have. Had never heard of such a thing until I came here.

It''s entirely possible that I might have then heard of H&A if I cruised the chain stores that carry them......but it would be a LOT less likely.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Probably not. I''ve learned an incredible amount here. Pricescope is invaluable!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely not! I learned all about cut madness at PS...a blessing and a curse at the same time!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2006 8:50:08 PM
Author: Mara
Definitely not! I learned all about cut madness at PS...a blessing and a curse at the same time!
Haha! I agree, PS is the only msg board that I just cannot get myself off of. It is crazy addictive! My fiance thinks I''m nutty.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Actually, no. I heard of ideal cut from the jeweler where we got my diamond, 3 years before discovering pricescope. And a friend of mine got a H&A diamond about 1.5 years before I found PS. I do wish I''d found PS earlier - before getting my first e-ring setting - but mainly to get a prettier setting!! But hopefully that is what you can all help me do soon if I can get some time next week to start working on it!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Lord only knows what I'd be wearing on my finger if I hadn't found PS.
23.gif

Call me crazy
2.gif
, but in my pre-PS days, if I wanted food, I went to the grocery store. If I wanted shoes, I went to the shoe store. If I wanted jewelry, I went to the jewelry store! And THAT is precisely why I'm sure I'd be wearing some overpriced, poor quality, mundane, dime-a-dozen mall ring. *shudder!*

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
I heard of H&A while doing a google search for Hearts on Fire after seeing one of their ads.

Later in that same search I landed on a PS forum - and have never looked back.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I had heard of ideal cut, but not Hearts and arrows. Thank goodness for PS!!!!!!!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
My first diamond that I ever purchased was a 0.29 ct. This was back around 1987, and I didn''t know any terminology, I only knew the basic''s "the 4 c''s" ... and that was from the sales lady spendy alot of time trying to educate me. I must say, that woman sure did have patience! I only knew that she said this diamond was perfectly cut, and sparkled ... and it did indeed sparkle! The price was right, and I put it on 12 month lay a way!
36.gif

I have learned so much since that first purchase! There is so much more to know about diamonds. The 4 C''s is only the beginning!
9.gif

I think I happened to luck out on my first diamond ... I had lost the paperwork in a flood many years back, and because of PS and what I have learned I wanted to know more about this lil'' sparkler. I went back to this upscale family owned showroom and brought the ring I had that housed this diamond. The lady was able to locate my records, it did take her quite awhile though.

She came back with a ledger that had my name on it, and said "It looks like you bought a nice diamond." I said that I had thought so, it did sparkle, and the sales lady did say that she thought it was a perfectly cut diamond. The woman asked if I knew anything else about it, and I said I thought it had some kind of numbers assigned to it like 0, 3, and then a third number, but I am not for sure.
20.gif
She said that it was an AGS (0 - 1.0 - 6). She asked if I knew what that meant, and I said well ... AGS, that is one of the nicest grading labs. She agreed. I said, 0 means it should be what they call an ideal cut, she agreed, and then color, then clarity. I told her that I didn''t memorize all the knowledge that I learned here yet, and she was impressed. (That was a few years back.)

She asked if she could take a look, and I said yes. She examined the diamond in the setting, and said "this is a gorgeous diamond, handed me the special viewer and I for the first time saw my first real arrows on a diamond! She looked at the ledger again, and said well now, it looks like you got a very nice deal on this lil'' sparkler as well. I said I didn''t know if it was a nice deal or not, I was able to buy it over a 12 month period of time, price at the time fit my wallet.
11.gif

She said, I can tell you, you got a very nice deal, because today, you would definately pay a high premium for this diamond since it''s an LK. I just looked at her, and then I said sheepishly, LK? She said, I know you will know when I say it, it stands for Lazar Kaplan. Oh, yeah ... I asked her "Is it really a Lazar diamond?" She nodded her head and grinned!
9.gif

I think since finding PS I have learned so much that I don''t have to take chances anymore. I was lucky the first time, a few times after that I wasn''t so lucky at different shops, and I didn''t get a good deal for my money. I now have a sound understanding of how to buy a quality diamond, and know the difference as to why.

I now go into a shop and sometimes it''s a bit awkward because I know more than the sales lady, and then they start asking me questions. Or, I get frustrated because they can''t tell me the table % or anything else other than it''s a RB, G color, and vs2. But what about a sarin report? What about this, what about that! Oh my gosh, I have to explain to you what a sarin is?
20.gif
6.gif

What is amazing is that this technology is constantly evolving, and I am always learning something new on PS! It''s all so very interesting!

Thanks to all of the wonderful people here who contribute and make learning enjoyable!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
I doubt I would have ended up with an H&A or such a wonderfully cut diamond. Prior to finding PS, I had been very interested in Elara and Lazare, so chances are we would have picked a pretty good diamond and setting, but we would have paid a lot more.

I have to say, it''s a wonderful feeling to go in a store and try on rings and pick ''the one'' and buy it, but we sacrificed that experience for quality and to gain the best ''value for money'', we''re sure we did far better. I appreciate the quality every day when I see my sparkler on my finger. Thank goodness for Pricescope!

fisiogrl

Shiny_Rock
Nope. wouldn''t have bought an H&A for sure. I went shopping for ring design only! ...and then learned way too much...

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
I never would''ve even known about H&A or "ideal" cuts before this place and the help of so many wonderful people. Before I was only worried about the size and new only the basics of the 4 C''s and thought the Leo diamonds were the best ever and worth the obscene prices.
20.gif

But because of this place, I decided on a smaller, ideal cut diamond when before I probably would''ve wasted money on something bigger but with 1/4 of the brilliance.

And PS is indeed addicting. I''ve been here maybe a week, but its definitely the most friendly and informative web community I''ve ever stumbled onto and thank God I did!
36.gif

thall005

Rough_Rock
I would never in a million years have bought so nice a stone without the knowledge I now have, thanks to PS. I cruised this site for around a year and a half, to two years, learning everything I could until I reached the age of retirement. I treated myself then, which happened to coincide with our 20th wedding anniversary. Talk about planning ahead......Result: I got a beautiful H&A, G, VS2, 2.16 ct., round brilliant from Whiteflash. Going into B&Ms, mall stores, to look at their offerings again was an eye-opener. I felt I knew more than some of the salespeople. After very recently looking at my 1 ct solitaire with a loupe, I saw the train-wreck we bought 20 years ago when we didn''t know any better. Damn scary looking now. My spouse blessed this purchase and is happy it''s over, as I have been torturing him with my learned chatter. But is it really over......................? Nah. Just beginning. Go Whiteflash!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results