shape
carat
color
clarity

how many different types of pave setting are there?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arista Jack

Rough_Rock
I am looking at different styles of settings and would like have a delicate pave band for the e-ring. On my hunt for the perfect setting I noticed there are different looks to pave. I thought all pave was the same but there is a notable differnce in the pave work I saw searching yesterday. Does nayone have more info about pave settings and which is the most sparkley? I would rather see more sparkle than white gold work.
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
well... there''s pave... and micropave... and various sorts of beadset and shared prong that are mistakenly CALLED pave on a regular basis... and of course there are varying skill levels to all of the above but that usually doesn''t require another name other than maybe masterpiece or crap LOL

Arista Jack

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 10:02:55 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
well... there''s pave... and micropave... and various sorts of beadset and shared prong that are mistakenly CALLED pave on a regular basis... and of course there are varying skill levels to all of the above but that usually doesn''t require another name other than maybe masterpiece or crap LOL
Cehrabehra: which pave type do you think sparkes the best? I noticed some of the "pave" rings I saw online yesterday just looked like extensive detail to the silver. I could not see the sparkle in the pave well at all. i know pictures can''t show everything, but I am seriously looking into having my ring made and I want to be very specific with the details. I don''t want to tell the jeweler to make the band a delicate pave and then have the finished product look like ... I don''t even know the terminology to use. I need more knowledge. Do you know where I may find details about the different styles of pave? I may gooogle beadset and shared prong so I can get an idea of what to look for but I didn''t know if you had any ideas where i might look for additional info on pave style rings. I am trying to creat a unique look and need ot get ideas from somewhere.
Thanks

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 11:24:15 AM
Author: Arista Jack

Date: 4/11/2007 10:02:55 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
Cehrabehra: which pave type do you think sparkes the best? I noticed some of the ''pave'' rings I saw online yesterday just looked like extensive detail to the silver. I could not see the sparkle in the pave well at all. i know pictures can''t show everything, but I am seriously looking into having my ring made and I want to be very specific with the details. I don''t want to tell the jeweler to make the band a delicate pave and then have the finished product look like ... I don''t even know the terminology to use. I need more knowledge. Do you know where I may find details about the different styles of pave? I may gooogle beadset and shared prong so I can get an idea of what to look for but I didn''t know if you had any ideas where i might look for additional info on pave style rings. I am trying to creat a unique look and need ot get ideas from somewhere.
Thanks
I''m sorry if I wasn''t clear.... to my knowledge there is only ONE type of pave. Micropave is done on very tiny stones and gives more of a glittery look than a sparkly look. There may be *slight* variations on how it is done butI think you''re confusing pave with beadset.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Read this- it tells you about micropave and pave (size of stones is the real/only difference there, and the difference between "royal" and "four-bead" pave/micro-pave setting styles.

I am not entertaining a pave or micropave piece but found it interesting and informative.

http://www.micropave.com/

Arista Jack

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 2:59:16 PM
Author: mrssalvo
there is also what''s known as beadset and fishtail. you can see the differences between the 2 styles in this thread:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/michael-b-princess-rings-style-differences.44948/
I really appreciate your input mrssalvo... so glad to get a little clarification on pave. After reading your thread I also like to bead set better than the fishtail. I love the fancier look to the fishtails metal but would rather have pave work that sparkles and glitters at my every move. Since I am not spending much to get my e-ring(new house and new baby) I really need to create a lot of sparkle to my ring. This saturday we talk to ur jeweler about marquis vs. radiant cuts and he will show us a few stones. Then we will talk about a setting and I am nearly positive I want a pave look to my e-ring. I just want the correct terminology for our conversation and little more know how in choosing what I want. I have some surfing to do on the net to find out who these Michael B and Daniel K characters are. After reading through three pages I really need to see their work.
thanks again for all your help.

Do you think pave looks good haloing a single stone of good quality? My e-stone will most likely be under 1c. and I''m not sure if I would want to surround it or leave it alone and pave only the band. Any ideas or comments there?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
arista jack, if you like pave, you might also check out Ritani rings. you can do a search here for pics as well as www.ritani.com. www.pearlmansjewelers.com also carries Ritani and has pretty good pics on his site too.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
Arista Jack....I have a 3 stone pave setting e-ring. My center stone is a .86 RB with 1 round stone on each side. I believe each stone is .10. There are 27 micro-pave set diamonds on the band. I also have milgrain which gives an antique look. My pave sparkles a great deal. With a stone under 1 ct it will still look beautiful.

Arista Jack

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 5:34:47 PM
Author: Class n Sass
Arista Jack....I have a 3 stone pave setting e-ring. My center stone is a .86 RB with 1 round stone on each side. I believe each stone is .10. There are 27 micro-pave set diamonds on the band. I also have milgrain which gives an antique look. My pave sparkles a great deal. With a stone under 1 ct it will still look beautiful.
Class N Sass.... ooh.. that sounds pretty. I would love to see pic''s of your ring if you have them. I''m almost positive our measly budget does not allow for a big stone and I want to make sure we get some pave to add extra flash to my finger. i still want the stone to be the center piece. Send me a few pic''s if you can- the milgrain is also something I am looking into. I jsut started looking online for examples of rings out there to help me decide what my style is. Ultimately, what looks good on my hand will be the bottom line.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Arista - have a look at Leon Mege to see some fine examples of pave and micropave. He also has an article in his ''Articles'' section on pave.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
Arista...believe it or not I still have not taken an pics of my ring(I''ve had it for 2 months). I keep trying with the digital camera and they don''t come out too well...but I will try again. Maybe someone has suggestions on what setting my camera needs to be on for them to come out well.

Arista Jack

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2007 8:15:41 PM
Author: Class n Sass
Arista...believe it or not I still have not taken an pics of my ring(I''ve had it for 2 months). I keep trying with the digital camera and they don''t come out too well...but I will try again. Maybe someone has suggestions on what setting my camera needs to be on for them to come out well.
Class & Sass...

I don''t know which digital you have but most of them have little icons on the outside for close-ups. Mine has a picture of a flower, that if I push it, I can suddenly get very close to something and get the focus on my subject and not the background. it took me weeks to play with the various functions in my menu and try different things. i came out with alot of blurry pics but the best picture I ever took was one I don''t know how I had the camera settings. I believe having it set to digital zoom and having the flash off and pushing my flower button is what gets those great close ups for me. Play with your buttons and take snapshots of the same lamp or something, over and over until you can see the difference between the settings. I don''t know much about cameras either. maybe this will help. I would love to see pics of your ring soon.
36.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMO if you are going to halo OR simply have a pave band with a smallish diamond the one key thing is to make sure that the pave and band are delicate so it doesn't overpower the center stone.

Here's my .81 cushion in a ritani setting (the kind MrsSalvo was suggesting). I believe Ritani will make settings for almost any shape stone, and this is one of the sturdiest paves around IMO.

ETA: This picture was taken on a cloudy day, but in the sun the pave is crazy sparkly. But in a classy almost shimmery way. It looks like the entire band is made of only diamonds in the sunlight.

IMG_1551111.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results