shape
carat
color
clarity

How many different type of prescription medications are you on?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9 :cry2:. 10 including my remicade infusions. I would NOT survive the zombie apocalypse, clearly. OMG, 11 including low dose aspirin? How depressing.

Lyra look at it this way. How fortunate are we to live in a time where there are meds that can help us manage our health issues. Sending you hugs and lots of healing dust.

I would NOT survive the zombie apocalypse, clearly

Haha me neither and yanno what? I wouldn't want to. I like my creature comforts what can I say and I think life after a zombie apocalypse wouldn't be too much fun. Just saying. :cool2:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4 scripts - levothyroxine for hypothyroidism, a blood pressure med, a statin and Metformin for type 2 diabetes. Oh, and 5,000 IU of Vitamin D a day (non-script though). Out family has weird genetics. When I was tested, my level was 2. The nurse freaked out. Both my kids and sister have the same issue.
I had hyperthyroidism in my late teens which is the opposite side.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have Graved....I don’t have a thyroid anymore. It was zapped! felt like being part of the group..:mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the reply, Missy. Sounds like this has been a big year of change for you. I hope the thyroid issues balance soon. I didn't know the T4 to T3 conversion issues for Hashi folks. Very informative. I have not had an endo treat mine at all, just regular family physician. Maybe time for follow up with an endo. It sounds like you found a gem. I am so happy for you that this is making a difference in how you feel.

May I ask where you accessed the vitamin testing? I would be interested in following up to have testing done, since our family has issues.

Thank you @moneymeister and same to you.

My Nurse Practitioner ordered special labwork (from a certain lab because mainstream labs don't do all these tests) for it and the phlebotomist came to my house to draw the blood. It was over a year ago but let me see if I can find the name of the lab. I also have other info for you but have to look it up and I am very disorganized so bear with me.

I want to add I also eat mainly an Autoimmune Paleo way of life now as that is supposed to be beneficial for Hashimoto's and other autoimmune diseases. My antibodies are within the "normal" range now though my free T3 is still very low and we are working on that. I recommend if you have not yet given up dairy, gluten, soy etc to consider it. If you google AIP diet you will find lots of info.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely none, I’m healthy as a horse!

Haha good for you @Austina but I have a question. Just why are horses so healthy and do no sick ones exists? Neighhhhhh. From what I understand they have delicate constitutions so maybe I am like a horse too. :lol:

horsegif.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
to darn many :???: I take pills for high blood pressure, high cholesterol (thank you genetics for this), I have low thyroid level so meds for that since I was 16, I am off my meds for type 2 diabetes and control it thru diet, weight and exercise, I do however take over the counter stuff for bone loss.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Missy, you are such a lovely person. Thank you for looking this up. I am touched. I'll look into the Paleo too. I am a heavy person. As a diabetic, I have done very well doing Paleo/low carb. Well, until this year, when I just got so tired of being so good...and still a chonk. I went 3 years without bread. This year I went lax and my A1c went up to 7. I still feel awful. My dad died at my age from diabetes, so I am petrified, tired and kinda sick. These links may help. Genetically, something is off with our tribe. Not just myself but my siblings and kids. Three of three of my sibs are diabetic. Thanks for sharing all the links. I'll start looking around. Maybe I do need a good endo.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, you are such a lovely person. Thank you for looking this up. I am touched. I'll look into the Paleo too. I am a heavy person. As a diabetic, I have done very well doing Paleo/low carb. Well, until this year, when I just got so tired of being so good...and still a chonk. I went 3 years without bread. This year I went lax and my A1c went up to 7. I still feel awful. My dad died at my age from diabetes, so I am petrified, tired and kinda sick. These links may help. Genetically, something is off with our tribe. Not just myself but my siblings and kids. Three of three of my sibs are diabetic. Thanks for sharing all the links. I'll start looking around. Maybe I do need a good endo.

Aww I am sorry you are all going through this and that you are not feeling well. Here's a good link re AIP

https://www.thepaleomom.com/start-here/the-autoimmune-protocol/

I personally need carbs to feel good so low carb doesn't work for me and I do better with sort of medium carbs lol but we are all different. And if you do well with low carb paleo that's great. But if it is too challenging to stick with maybe it is too extreme for you and sort of a compromise would work better.

Have you and your family had any genetic testing? That helped me understand what was happening to me and I am taking steps to help the genetic issues that are now manifesting. It takes time though and nothing is overnight but it's a step in the right direction.

It's hard to find a good endo though for diabetes there are many more good endocrinologists than for thyroid.

It's scary navigating the health system and I get how you are feeling. I hope you find a good endocrinologist and a good internist if you don't already have one and then of course we have to be our own advocate. There are good physicians for sure but there are also less good ones and we have to be vigilant in finding the good ones. It isn't always easy.

(((Hugs))).

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I take chocolate for stress from time to time... but I don’t think the dr would recommend it lol!
I'm on the same regimen!

I think I remember you have many kids as well... I see a pattern here;)2

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weaning off of long-term antibiotics for a persistent infection but that’s it right now thank goodness!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m seeing a trend here with a number of fellow bling lovers having Hashimtos. Obviously my need to acquire pretties is directly related to my failed thyroid so I’ll tell my DH that my medical condition is responsible and I am merely self medicating.:lol:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I’m seeing a trend here with a number of fellow bling lovers having Hashimtos. Obviously my need to acquire pretties is directly related to my failed thyroid so I’ll tell my DH that my medical condition is responsible and I am merely self medicating.:lol:

I'm sure he'll see that you have been victimized by this nasty disease. You poor, poor dear. A diamond ALWAYS makes a person feel better.
:lol::kiss2::lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had Graves so please count me in too! I like that excuse! :mrgreen2:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

jaaron

Brilliant_Rock
Another Hashimoto's person... It's fascinating how many of us are here.

I take Armour Thyroid (and a small amount of Synthroid) for that, Telfast (Allegra) for seasonal allergies, Soolantra cream when my Rosacea starts to flare (although I've had pretty good luck controlling that with an LED mask) and Bioidentical HRT.

Quite a few supplements - not daily, but mix them up so I'm getting each a few times a week
Collagen powder (mixed in my coffee)
Turmeric with black pepper
ginger capsule
cinnamon capsule
Omega 3 (fermented cod liver oil capsule)
oregano oil capsule
magnesium
Vitamin D (always taken with alongside a vitamin K)
Glucosamine with hyaluronic acid

I also faithfully drink a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in water every morning, followed by a smoothie made of green powder, avocado, ginger, cayenne, chard or kale, berries, apple, cucumber, a squeeze of lemon, soaked chia seeds and some coconut milk. Not a prescription, but I basically treat it like one on the theory that then I can eat whatever I want later. ;)2

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe from wearing too much diamonds??...:o

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had Graves so please count me in too! I like that excuse! :mrgreen2:
Of course you’re included. I’m a bit special =)2 I had Graves Disease in my 20s and went into remission (very unusual) to then while pregnant, acquire not only autoimmune reactive arthritis is one knee but Thyroid failure as well. No wonder I need so many pretties, I’m a complex medical case requiring not only nice diamonds but an array of coloured gemstones as well. Gemstone therapy rocks :appl:(pun intended!)

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Everything I take is for migraines, with the exception of Vitamin D3: Botox injections in my forehead, temples, shoulder muscles, neck and back of my head; Relpax (anywhere from 10-40 mg) as an abortive; Duloxetine (90 mg) and Propranolol XR (120 mg) and Magnesium L-threonate.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I take Armour Thyroid (and a small amount of Synthroid) for that, Telfast (Allegra) for seasonal allergies, Soolantra cream when my Rosacea starts to flare (although I've had pretty good luck controlling that with an LED mask) and Bioidentical HRT.

Quite a few supplements - not daily, but mix them up so I'm getting each a few times a week
Collagen powder (mixed in my coffee)
Turmeric with black pepper
ginger capsule
cinnamon capsule
Omega 3 (fermented cod liver oil capsule)
oregano oil capsule
magnesium
Vitamin D (always taken with alongside a vitamin K)
Glucosamine with hyaluronic acid

I also faithfully drink a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in water every morning, followed by a smoothie made of green powder, avocado, ginger, cayenne, chard or kale, berries, apple, cucumber, a squeeze of lemon, soaked chia seeds and some coconut milk. Not a prescription, but I basically treat it like one on the theory that then I can eat whatever I want later. ;)2

This, for supplements. About the same here

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of course you’re included. I’m a bit special =)2 I had Graves Disease in my 20s and went into remission (very unusual) to then while pregnant, acquire not only autoimmune reactive arthritis is one knee but Thyroid failure as well. No wonder I need so many pretties, I’m a complex medical case requiring not only nice diamonds but an array of coloured gemstones as well. Gemstone therapy rocks :appl:(pun intended!)
:lol: I think you do deserve all the diamonds and gemstones you want. It’s medicinal!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confirmed Type 2 Diabetic in June 2019 and I am on the standard starter medication.

DK :))
My A1C at 5.6% is near the edge now. I might go over the edge soon. ;(

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My A1C at 5.6% is near the edge now. I might go over the edge soon. ;(

I blame my genetic make up, being a Chinese female of a certain age, with family history of Type 2 Diabetes.

The fact that I am overweight and Apple shape, and like a drink or two has nothing to do with it! :lol-2:

DK :mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 5.39.39 AM.png

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The war on pain meds/pain control is getting worse 7 day supply max at a time now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results