shape
carat
color
clarity

How many different type of prescription medications are you on?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just taking high blood pressure medication for now. My Dr. also prescribed some high cholesterol pills, but I refused to take em. I'll try to eat less seafoods so hopefully it'll bring down my cholesterol level w/o taking medications. Every couple of years they lowered the charts so pretty soon the whole country will be on prescription drugs.

The first thing I said to my Dr. was...give me the bad news first:!: she bursted out laughing...
rotflmao2.gif

AV_

Ideal_Rock

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock
A lot but most of them are for the same condition (migraines). I’d give a kidney for less migraines

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just 1 as needed for seasonal allergies :)

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I do take Statins aka cholesterol drugs with zero side effects luckily except obviously bringing my level down. I’m like my Dad, it’s not my diet, my body makes the darn stuff all by itself. Sigh.
Also synthetic Thyroid medication, I have auto immune Hashimotos so no thyroid function.
And Prozac - yep, one of the few who will admit to it. I suffer from PSD and anxiety so it really does make life easier for me.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Well, I do take Statins aka cholesterol drugs with zero side effects luckily except obviously bringing my level down. I’m like my Dad, it’s not my diet, my body makes the darn stuff all by itself. Sigh.
Also synthetic Thyroid medication, I have auto immune Hashimotos so no thyroid function.
And Prozac - yep, one of the few who will admit to it. I suffer from PSD and anxiety so it really does make life easier for me.
Bron357 I am also on anti anxiety/anti depressant medication for complex-ptsd from the emotional trauma I experienced for years during my abusive first marriage. I don't feel depressed as such but it takes the edge off the anxiety enough to function and care for my family and work.
PTSD in any form is incredibly taxing on mental health, I wish you all the best for continued recovery.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confirmed Type 2 Diabetic in June 2019 and I am on the standard starter medication.

Nothing else for the past 50+ years.

DK :))

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anti-dancing fire clearly, or else we would be hanging out! :Up_to_something::twisted2:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bron357 I am also on anti anxiety/anti depressant medication for complex-ptsd from the emotional trauma I experienced for years during my abusive first marriage. I don't feel depressed as such but it takes the edge off the anxiety enough to function and care for my family and work.
PTSD in any form is incredibly taxing on mental health, I wish you all the best for continued recovery.
Yes PTSD is very difficult, being invisible to others. I wrestle constantly with knowing that “rationally” and in “actuality” I am safe, but there’s a switch that flicks in my brain and then I’m in full on panic mode.
Sending hugs to you, knowing how just “doing a day” can be a huge achievement.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On a daily basis I am on Oracea and Soolantra for Rosacea and taking NP Acella (twice a day) and Cytomel (4 times a day) and LDN (nightly) for Hashimoto's and Hypothyroidism.

I am currently applying Eucrisa ointment for eczema but not sure that is what I am dealing with at the moment.

The most important "medication" for me would be working out as it gives me energy and a sense of well being and non dairy ice cream on a daily basis if possible. :lickout:

Yesterday's dose of daily ice cream. Prescribed by me for me as often as necessary. :sun:
Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 4.56.11 AM.png

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
None!!

I'm pretty tough on my body though so I don't expect it to last forever, the wheels will fall off eventually...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
None!!

I'm pretty tough on my body though so I don't expect it to last forever, the wheels will fall off eventually...

Haha hang in there Jordy. You might not need any meds ever.
I wasn't taking any meds until age 41.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
4 scripts - levothyroxine for hypothyroidism, a blood pressure med, a statin and Metformin for type 2 diabetes. Oh, and 5,000 IU of Vitamin D a day (non-script though). Out family has weird genetics. When I was tested, my level was 2. The nurse freaked out. Both my kids and sister have the same issue.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4 scripts - levothyroxine for hypothyroidism, a blood pressure med, a statin and Metformin for type 2 diabetes. Oh, and 5,000 IU of Vitamin D a day (non-script though). Out family has weird genetics. When I was tested, my level was 2. The nurse freaked out. Both my kids and sister have the same issue.

Vitamin D is so important and our genetics can really mess us up with D and B12 too among other issues. I bet if we started a thread for how many non prescription supplements we are taking that might outweigh the Rx meds we are taking...

I take methyl and adenosyl cobalamin (B12)
Vitamin D3 (2000 Its only)
Vitamin C three times a day
Iron
Folate
Lysine
TMG
B1, B2, B5, B6 (all methylated B vitamins as I cannot methylate them myself-homozygous for one of the mutations that methylate)

All I can think of atm...I am sure I take more lol. All this started last year. Before that I took very little in supplementation.

vitaminup.gif

It is making a difference (for me).

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Vitamin D is so important and our genetics can really mess us up with D and B12 too among other issues. I bet if we started a thread for how many non prescription supplements we are taking that might outweigh the Rx meds we are taking...

I take methyl and adenosyl cobalamin (B12)
Vitamin D3 (2000 Its only)
Vitamin C three times a day
Iron
Folate
Lysine
TMG
B1, B2, B5, B6 (all methylated B vitamins as I cannot methylate them myself-homozygous for one of the mutations that methylate)

All I can think of atm...I am sure I take more lol. All this started last year. Before that I took very little in supplementation.

vitaminup.gif

It is making a difference (for me).

Wow, that's quite the list! Sounds like you had a medical intervention of sorts. I am glad it's working well for you. Do you take your B's in a multi, or alone?
Last office visit, I was told to add magnesium and B12 due to some of the medicines above. I should possibly add iron too. I really hate pills and don't like medicine at all. Ugh.

I noticed you are on Cytomel for thyroid. Do you find it works better for Hashimoto/ low thyroid symptoms?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that's quite the list! Sounds like you had a medical intervention of sorts. I am glad it's working well for you. Do you take your B's in a multi, or alone?
Last office visit, I was told to add magnesium and B12 due to some of the medicines above. I should possibly add iron too. I really hate pills and don't like medicine at all. Ugh.

I noticed you are on Cytomel for thyroid. Do you find it works better for Hashimoto/ low thyroid symptoms?

I take everything individually because they don't have the correct form (for me) or amount in multivitamins. I had genetic testing done and it explained a lot. I cannot complete the methylation process so must take methylated vitamins to absorb it. I am still anemic but working on it. I got my Homocysteine down from 15 to 7 which is pretty good. I am a work in progress lol but aren't we all. I blame my parents for marrying within their faith and thereby giving me lots of recessive genes.

I cannot convert T4 to T3 (which is needed for every cell in our bodies) so if I take synthetic T4 meds it just converts to Reverse T3 and blocks my T3 receptors making me even more hypothyroid. So I take 1 grain of NDT (naturally dessicated Thyroid hormone) and 30 mgs of T3 (Cytomel generic) and my endocrinologist and I are still working on it as we have not found the best combo for me. When he upped my NDT to 1.5 grains my RT3 (Reverse T3) went too high making me more hypo. So he upped my Cytomel and cut my NDT.

All by my request as many/most endocrinologists prescribe synthetic T4 (Levo/Synthroid) only because big pharma has forced Synthroid down their throats while maligning NDTs. Long story and it's boring politics suffice to say most endocrinologists don't know much about NDTs and/or T3 meds. It gets a bad rep/rap.

But most Hashimoto's and hypothyroid patients cannot convert T4 to T3 and that is the kicker. So many are kept undermedicated and unwell. It's a vicious cycle.
Even if one is knowledgeable about this it's challenging to get the combo right because our bodies are so complicated.

My iron and cortisol are messed up and until I get that balanced I won't be able to take the full dose of meds I need to get my thyroid levels right. I have been working on this for 20 months now. Getting closer I think. I am lucky my endocrinologist is excellent and open to my suggestions. Really fortunate and he is intelligent to boot so I feel lucky I finally found him last summer.

Let me know if I can help in any way. I am by no means an expert but I know more than I did 20 months ago. LOL. Good luck and wishing you happy health!

ETA I also take magnesium...800 mg. Forgot about that. Magnesium is important. I tested everything before I started supplementing to know what I needed and what I did not.
As for iron you don't want to supplement unless you need it. You need to get an iron profile. That includes four values. Total Iron, Ferritin, TIBC and % saturation. One number won't give you the full picture. HTH.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I take Levothyroxine (generic synthroid), Blood pressure medicine...Vitamin D3 because I was deficient...I now take 3,000IU daily to get me into the normal range. I also take the supplements Pycnogenol (French Maritime Pine Extract) and Ubiquinol (Coenzyme q10) for heart support.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I take everything individually because they don't have the correct form (for me) or amount in multivitamins. I had genetic testing done and it explained a lot. I cannot complete the methylation process so must take methylated vitamins to absorb it. I am still anemic but working on it. I got my Homocysteine down from 15 to 7 which is pretty good. I am a work in progress lol but aren't we all. I blame my parents for marrying within their faith and thereby giving me lots of recessive genes.

I cannot convert T4 to T3 (which is needed for every cell in our bodies) so if I take synthetic T4 meds it just converts to Reverse T3 and blocks my T3 receptors making me even more hypothyroid. So I take 1 grain of NDT (naturally dessicated Thyroid hormone) and 30 mgs of T3 (Cytomel generic) and my endocrinologist and I are still working on it as we have not found the best combo for me. When he upped my NDT to 1.5 grains my RT3 (Reverse T3) went too high making me more hypo. So he upped my Cytomel and cut my NDT.

All by my request as many/most endocrinologists prescribe synthetic T4 (Levo/Synthroid) only because big pharma has forced Synthroid down their throats while maligning NDTs. Long story and it's boring politics suffice to say most endocrinologists don't know much about NDTs and/or T3 meds. It gets a bad rep/rap.

But most Hashimoto's and hypothyroid patients cannot convert T4 to T3 and that is the kicker. So many are kept undermedicated and unwell. It's a vicious cycle.
Even if one is knowledgeable about this it's challenging to get the combo right because our bodies are so complicated.

My iron and cortisol are messed up and until I get that balanced I won't be able to take the full dose of meds I need to get my thyroid levels right. I have been working on this for 20 months now. Getting closer I think. I am lucky my endocrinologist is excellent and open to my suggestions. Really fortunate and he is intelligent to boot so I feel lucky I finally found him last summer.

Let me know if I can help in any way. I am by no means an expert but I know more than I did 20 months ago. LOL. Good luck and wishing you happy health!

ETA I also take magnesium...800 mg. Forgot about that. Magnesium is important. I tested everything before I started supplementing to know what I needed and what I did not.
As for iron you don't want to supplement unless you need it. You need to get an iron profile. That includes four values. Total Iron, Ferritin, TIBC and % saturation. One number won't give you the full picture. HTH.

Thanks for the reply, Missy. Sounds like this has been a big year of change for you. I hope the thyroid issues balance soon. I didn't know the T4 to T3 conversion issues for Hashi folks. Very informative. I have not had an endo treat mine at all, just regular family physician. Maybe time for follow up with an endo. It sounds like you found a gem. I am so happy for you that this is making a difference in how you feel.

May I ask where you accessed the vitamin testing? I would be interested in following up to have testing done, since our family has issues.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 high blood pressure med, and lower cholesterol drug.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just the one, which is Tranexamic Acid to prevent my monthlies being too heavy & prolonged. I have a clotting disorder so can be fairly bleedy. But other than that, I'm thankfully good to go & extremely grateful for it.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9 :cry2:. 10 including my remicade infusions. I would NOT survive the zombie apocalypse, clearly. OMG, 11 including low dose aspirin? How depressing.

Q

Queenie60

I take a statin for cholesterol. However, Dr. is taking me off since I've lost weight and my numbers are going down. No other prescription drugs. I do take 5,000 iu of vitamin D3 and vitamin B-12. That's all folks!

Rose-gold-or-bust

Shiny_Rock

I’ll admit to it! On celexa here for anxiety and depression. That little pill makes a huge difference in my life

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More than I’d like.

Anxiety pill/ocd too
Adderall (which I usually forget to take :Up_to_something: people with ADD don’t do well with schedules lol)

Posted to reduce stigma.

Thyroid pill, sleeping pill and asthma pill.

Plus a bazillion supplements, I love supplements:

Coq 10
Glucosamine and condrotin (sp??)
Curcumin

And things I rotate in and out— too many to list.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2, Synthroid and Cytomel for Hashimoto's.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results